PATS' BRANDON SPIKES UNDER INVESTIGATION FOR AN ALLEGED HIT AND RUN

jeaniec

It’s a low-risk deal for the Patriots, who gave Spikes only $25,000 guaranteed (in the form of a signing bonus) and won’t owe him any more than that if they decide to cut him at the end of training camp. 

he's going to be broke pretty soon.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Weird situation. Was it hit and run? Car was found near accident site.

If I was his lawyer, I'd argue the other car left and he stopped. He was too shaken by the experience to drive home. He was afraid to report it because he didn't think it was a big deal since the other car left and he was afraid for his career. Basically try to build a failure to report plea. Of course it is obvious BS but hey, that's a lawyer's specialty.

He reported that he hit a deer.  There will be no evidence (on the car) of the remains of a deer.  The evidence will show that the paint from the car he hit was in fact the same car of the people who were injured.  JMO

It’s a low-risk deal for the Patriots, who gave Spikes only $25,000 guaranteed (in the form of a signing bonus) and won’t owe him any more than that if they decide to cut him at the end of training camp. 

he's going to be broke pretty soon.

I think they already released him

He reported that he hit a deer.  There will be no evidence (on the car) of the remains of a deer.  The evidence will show that the paint from the car he hit was in fact the same car of the people who were injured.  JMO

he was a boozin, probably actually thought it was a deer

definitely booze if not drugs.  That's why he didn't stop. JMO

I have heard the walk away work when another car not involved, like a drunk driver goes off road and hits a tree. but another car is hard to explain away

Pats are a class act.

You know Dallas was hated when they were winning but they did have fans all over the country.

The Pats are f*cking despised all over the world!

It's hilarious when ESPN does those stupid polls "Are the Patriots cheaters?" or "Did Tom Brady tell guys to deflate balls?"

The entire New England is in Red & the rest of the country is all Blue.

I was in South Carolina in a Publix & I heard 2 guys talking about the Pats and one says to the other, "f*cking cheaters".

At least the Cowboys had the monicker "Americas Team".

Even with their Superbowls, most NFL fans consider the Pats SBs tainted.

Pats are the 1st so called Dynasty in the NFL that every single true NFL fan hates with a passion.

Who could argue really?

Who's your college team?

I was fortunate enough to be stuffed between the Spurrier and Myer years and got the Zook years, baby!  Though I was in Doak when the team carried him off the field the day you named it Bowden Field.  Also graduated right before the back to back Basketball Champ years too.  So yes, I've been a fan before those years.  And yes, Urban recruited the scum of the earth.  That first National Championship, with mostly good dudes, were all Zook's recruits. Then Urban's recruits started showing up and yep, they were all thug turds but they were winning.

And yes, you cant talk...at all.  haha

Boston College, but as a now Southern New Englander I follow a couple of local teams (Vandy and APSU). 

Vandy has been better, but they are not even close to that.  Austin Peay is a horrible IAA team.

Pats are a class act.

You know Dallas was hated when they were winning but they did have fans all over the country.

It's hilarious when ESPN does those stupid polls "Are the Patriots cheaters?" or "Did Tom Brady tell guys to deflate balls?"

I was in South Carolina in a Publix & I heard 2 guys talking about the Pats and one says to the other, "f*cking cheaters".

Pats are the 1st so called Dynasty in the NFL that every single true NFL fan hates with a passion.

Who could argue really?

I read this and can't help to imagine you looking like this as you are typing.....

2uoki6b.gif

rants about the pats are too funny.

Pats are a class act.

Who could argue really?

I think your comparison is off.

First, I have experienced the exact opposite.  I wear my Patriots stuff all the time.  No one every says anything.

Second the Patriots are the first (NFL) dynasty of the social media era.  I bet the hate for the Boyz was the same if not more for being Team America, but now every a$$hole has a voice.  And they all want to be heard at the same time.  

Any successful team and/or athlete falls victim to the Batman quote.  "You can die a hero or you can live long enough to see yourself become a villain." 

First, I have experienced the exact opposite.  I wear my Patriots stuff all the time.  No one every says anything.

Second the Patriots are the first (NFL) dynasty of the social media era.  I bet the hate for the Boyz was the same if not more for being Team America, but now every a$$hole has a voice.  And they all want to be heard at the same time.  

Any successful team and/or athlete falls victim to the Batman quote.  "You can die a hero or you can live long enough to see yourself become a villain." 

Rubbish.

Unless you are trying to imply that this dynasty hatred you mention is NFL specific, then this is just more BS. 

MLB's SF Giants would be considered much more of a "dynasty" of late than the Pats* in my opinion and I have never heard fans, media or anyone else spout off about hating them.

The Yankees were the last team I can recall with similar collective hatred as what has been seen with the Pats*.  The difference is that the Yankee hatred was due to checkbook baseball as opposed to consistently trying to circumvent the rules.

You can probably throw the Miami Heat in that conversation as well due to Lebron and company orchestrating the big three model but again, while hated in some circles, they were never considered cheaters.

Anything the Pats* have accomplished is stained forever unfortunately.

Pats are a class act.

Who could argue really?

The cowboys are still hated over on Bills Mafia.  Just read some posts yesterday where there was tall about the arrogance on behalf of the cowboys.  

Same here. Most people realize deflategate a big joke.

Did you know that in NCAA football teams can use any football manufacturer that they want and any air pressure they like?

Reading the spikes released thread over at Patsfans.com is just pure gold.

Otherwise completely blinkered posters agreeing with each other sagely that the circumstances look bad and that LYING ABOUT IT would be the deal breaker and is the truly unforgivable part.

And then a whole thread arc on the topic of former Urban Meyer players and the number of them who have gone on to have problems with the law.... Don't they understand that the rest of the league sees the New England Patriots in exactly this way at this point?  If getting players of bad character onto your team is to be laid at the doorstep of the coaches who made that decision I would think that bringing in a veteran player to the club and on his second tour of duty with them no less would be pretty hard to lay at the doorstep of his college coach at this point.

Those effing guys are just looney tunes up there.

But of course... a shining example of "the Patriot Way"

Headcoach: scumbag

Owner: Scumbag

QB: Scumbag

Lion's share of fan base: Scumbags

Whats the Jets way?

Predicting the Super Bowl after every draft?

Billboards and planes towing " Fire Everybody" banners over that crummy stadium?

Cheering when Penny got hurt? I was there and saw it first hand.

Tormenting Fireman Ed until he quit his job as chant leader?

Maybe you are too ignorant to realize this but most people see no benefit in angering a mouth breathing oaf wearing a stupid football jersey in June.

He was relentless for sure but I think he was a net positive for this site.  Do we really want to turn ourselves into patsfans.com where only one POV is permitted?

I honestly wouldn't mind. I don't like negative opinions on the team, in general.

I honestly wouldn't mind. I don't like negative opinions on the team, in general.

That place is a cesspool and a circle jerk.  I cannot understand how Patriots fans even tolerate the place.

Maybe you are too ignorant to realize this but most people see no benefit in angering a mouth breathing oaf wearing a stupid football jersey in June.

So true.

Patriot fans are the WORSE when it comes to Neanderthal actions. I lived in Worcester Ma for 9 years, I had a small Jets sticker on my bumper when I 1st moved there & was driving on Rte 495.

I thought a car was very close to move almost swerving in the lane. When I looked to my left I had a car full of yahoos yelling & giving me the finger.

At 1st I thought I must have cut them off? I had no idea what I had done until one of them yelled "the Jets Suck!"

It was quite funny after I realized what had gotten them so worked up.

Just like the media portrayed the Pats as the new "Americas team" after their win over the Rams, the whole classy organization thing, oh, they only sign players with saintly backgrounds, this team was so suger coated it was disgusting.

But like everything else the truth always comes out & the whole Patriots facade was BS.

Same for their fans. Foxboro/Gillette, probably 3rd worst after Raiders, Eagles.

Bunch of Yahoos from fast food suburbs wearing camouflage clothing, and then the rest in the upper tiers are derelicts from Brockton, Lowell & Worcester. I remember I had to park in some dirt lot on top of tree roots,lol.

They place is gonna be empty when Brady & BB depart.

So true.

Patriot fans are the WORSE when it comes to Neanderthal actions. I lived in Worcester Ma for 9 years, I had a small Jets sticker on my bumper when I 1st moved there & was driving on Rte 495.

I thought a car was very close to move almost swerving in the lane. When I looked to my left I had a car full of yahoos yelling & giving me the finger.

At 1st I thought I must have cut them off? I had no idea what I had done until one of them yelled "the Jets Suck!"

It was quite funny after I realized what had gotten them so worked up.

Just like the media portrayed the Pats as the new "Americas team" after their win over the Rams, the whole classy organization thing, oh, they only sign players with saintly backgrounds, this team was so suger coated it was disgusting.

But like everything else the truth always comes out & the whole Patriots facade was BS.

Same for their fans. Foxboro/Gillette, probably 3rd worst after Raiders, Eagles.

Bunch of Yahoos from fast food suburbs wearing camouflage clothing, and then the rest in the upper tiers are derelicts from Brockton, Lowell & Worcester. I remember I had to park in some dirt lot on top of tree roots,lol.

They place is gonna be empty when Brady & BB depart.

Either voluntarily or as a result of a lifetime ban from the NFL.

Whats the Jets way?

Predicting the Super Bowl after every draft?

Billboards and planes towing " Fire Everybody" banners over that crummy stadium?

Cheering when Penny got hurt? I was there and saw it first hand.

Tormenting Fireman Ed until he quit his job as chant leader?

hahaha... struck a nerve?  gotcha.

NE Patriots including its fan base:  Scumbag capitol of professional sports.  And the most shining examples troll right here.  Thank you for verifying!

Too bad its not. NFL has not change their record books, and no nfl owner or much players if any have done anything about that change too...

They are all that matter.

This is a flat out lie.  At least honest Patriots fans admit that it bothers them that most of the sports world considers their "accomplishments" terribly tainted.  Pats fans that thump their chests and say it doesn't affect them be liars.  But that's part of the Patriot Way...  after all, your own HOF QB is a proven liar.

This is a flat out lie. At least honest Patriots fans admit that it bothers them that most of the sports world considers their "accomplishments" terribly tainted. Pats fans that thump their chests and say it doesn't affect them be liars. But that's part of the Patriot Way... after all, your own HOF QB is a proven liar.

There's a difference between being unhappy about what had taken place to majority of their peers coaches n owners talking about putting asterisks next to thier championships.

Stop the b.s., nobody worth anything is even taking it there. My point.

Archived