Which 0-2 teams have most to worry about?

jamesr

Quite a few surprise teams at 0-2, which do you think has most to worry about?

(Hopefully in less than 24 hours the answer is "Indy"! :D)

Philly were expected to do big things, but look in disarray. Seattle can recover IMHO, they've lost to St Louis lots before, GB is never going to be easy, so not overly shocked by this; plus both games were on the road. Baltimore have to be concerned, especially having lost Suggs for the year and getting 37 points put past them by Oakland. (Their next 3 games are against divisional opponents, starting w. Cincy this Sunday). NO were always a so-so team in a weak division; Detroit is a bit of a worry but have had two road games so far. Houston, Chicago, Gints probably aren't surprises to anyone (not even their own fans!).

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Eagles.  They've looked atrocious for six of eight quarters of football.  Demarco Murray has 11 yards rushing in two games and they have a special-teamer playing the nickel spot because nobody else can, and their big defensive signing, Maxwell, was beaten for another TD yesterday after allowing 10 catches on 11 targets in week one.

Ouch - didn't know about Alonso. 

And yeah, Mathis must have a bit of schadenfreude going on right now.

A couple of reports saying he's "optimistic" and most feel he'd know if it was a torn ACL since he'd done it before.  Either way...watching Demarco Murray get swallowed up every time he touched the ball made me feel pretty good about their matchup against the Jets unless they fix it in a hurry.

The Eagles.  They've looked atrocious for six of eight quarters of football.  Demarco Murray has 11 yards rushing in two games and they have a special-teamer playing the nickel spot because nobody else can, and their big defensive signing, Maxwell, was beaten for another TD yesterday after allowing 10 catches on 11 targets in week one.

Yea I agree totally, and the media is dying to turn that Kelly situation into a circus which will make it a total debacle. Somewhere like New orleans will fly a little under the radar maybe and get time to hit stride.

Totally agree with AFJF...I was listening to WIP this morning they are ready to kill Chip Kelly.

Kelly made a major power play and won total control of the Eagles. If he doesn't get this fixed FAST he could be gone

He had everyone believing that they way to improve your team was to dump all of your best players.  It may work out in the end but I've said since last season, he'll go down as the biggest genius or the biggest idiot to coach in the NFL in decades.

The Eagles have the luxury of playing in a weak division, with their biggest rival losing their qb for up to 11 games - and the same goes for the Giants. The Seahawks lost two tough games but have the pedigree and players to rebound and only the cards to really worry about in the division.

Baltimore is in trouble. They've lost two conference games, including one they should have won, and are looking up at two legitimate teams in Cincy and Pittsburgh.

Saints, Texans, and Bears should all be worried, too ... but they aren't good teams to begin with

Is Chip Kelly still a genius?  The Jets should be able to absolutely manhandle that OL.  

For me the 2 scary winless teams are the Ravens and Seahawks.  Both are capable of reeling of 3-4 straight wins and get back into the thick of things.

I was watching the RedZone channel yesterday and they said; teams that start 0-2 under the current playoffs system have a 12% shot at making the playoffs.  Teams that start 2-0 have a 63% of making the playoffs. 

Chicago and Houston, since neither has a QB.  Bears don't have a defense either, as they've lost their 2 games by a combined 33 points (both games at home too).  Bears only used 1 of their first 4 draft picks on defense.  Perhaps this was a bad call.

yeah but everyone knew they'd be bad.  Philly and Baltimore have to be the most worried

Is Chip Kelly still a genius?  The Jets should be able to absolutely manhandle that OL.  

For me the 2 scary winless teams are the Ravens and Seahawks.  Both are capable of reeling of 3-4 straight wins and get back into the thick of things.

I was watching the RedZone channel yesterday and they said; teams that start 0-2 under the current playoffs system have a 12% shot at making the playoffs.  Teams that start 2-0 have a 63% of making the playoffs. 

Just heard a stat that Demarco Murray had six carries that went for negative yards yesterday.

Murray has been terrible.  amazingly terrible

Murray has been terrible.  amazingly terrible

You have to look at that line though....Murray has had zero room to run.  Like I said in the stat above, six times yesterday he was wrapped up in the backfield.  There were times you could literally see Philly's whole O-line being pushed into the backfield. 

You have to look at that line though....Murray has had zero room to run.  Like I said in the stat above, six times yesterday he was wrapped up in the backfield.  There were times you could literally see Philly's whole O-line being pushed into the backfield. 

i agree with your point.  shows you how much the line matters.  dallas was smart in that regard.

i agree with your point.  shows you how much the line matters.  dallas was smart in that regard.

The way the Murray signing transpired was so odd too, and the first signal to me that Chip might be in over his head.  Here was a RB coming off a 400-touch season with his old team showing very little interest in bringing him back.  Then Murray calls Chip and asks him to bring him in for a visit, and has a deal a few days later.  The guy went from not being on their radar one day, to a huge contract a few days later after the player called the team and asked him to sign him?  Crazy.

Does anyone really not think Bradford gets hurt in opening drive next week then Sanchez throws for 500 yards against us?? 

You know it's going to happen. 

Including his time with Philly, Sanchez has never reached the 400 mark in his career, and has only had 12 games of 300+ yards in his career (77 games).  Considering how easy it is to throw for 300 yards these days (Joe Flacco has done it 24 times), that's pathetic.

Right now it is the Eagles by a long way but if the Colts lose at home to the Jets tonight I would think that the Colts would be a co-winner of the prize.

Honorable mention to the Giants who had two games pretty close to being wrapped up and found a way to lose both of them.  I have to think that ownership and Giants fans are pretty sick of them digging a hole for themselves out of the gate every year.

Worst Eagles rushing performance since 1961.

Murray is first RB since 1930's to lead the league in rushing one season and have only 11 yards through first two games of the following season.

the whole 11 yards thing is pretty specific so i doubt this is a big deal.  :-)

now if they said "less than 11 yards" that would be big...

The lions and ravens are the two teams who should fear they are setting the tone for a bad season. The lions always have the packers as a thorn in their side much like with do with the pats but if they are struggling in their own division then they are going to feel that wildcard spot slipping away. That's even more true for the ravens who face a still competitive steelers team and the bengals who might run away with that division. If the ravens are losing to teams like the raiders that isn't setting the tone that they will be a team to bounce back and overcome the rest of the schedule.

Seattle overcomes their current record, no problem.

the whole 11 yards thing is pretty specific so i doubt this is a big deal.  :-)

now if they said "less than 11 yards" that would be big...

They said that because the other guy ran for the exact same number.  He led the league the previous season, ran for 11 yards in the first two games the following season, and never played again.  I believe they said he played for the Chicago Cardinals.

Expected:

There are a few teams that I expected to be bad (Bears and Texans) so I'm not sure they should be worried because this is essentially a rebuilding year for them.  Cutler would've been gone if it wasn't for his contract and the Texans just don't have the QB to do anything major.  The Saints are in limbo.  They have a horrible defense, and had a horrible cap situation, forcing them to rebuild.  They should be worried about the start, but they also had to expect a bad season because that whole defense needs to be rebuilt on the fly with an aging offense.  

Not Worried:

Seahawks, not worried about them.  They'll bounce back, faced two tough opponents and played them tough.  

Giants:  Surprisingly, I'm not that worried about the Giants, mainly because they don't really have to worry about this division.  The Eagles have fallen flat so far, Dallas just lost two of their most important players for an extended period of time, and Washington is Washington.  While their inability to hold leads is worrisome if you are a Giants fan, their division is so easy this year that there is no need to panic right now.  

Worry Your Heart Out:

Eagles-  Should be very worried, because that offense needed to be top notch with the horrible defense they've put together.  Maxwell was a horrible signing to begin with because he's not a No. 1 CB who's getting paid like an elite No. 1 CB.  The offensive line is also a major problem, because that's the biggest need in a spread read option system.  They need guys to hold the blocks just a bit longer, because the QB's first read is the edge rusher instead of downfield most often.  Murray looks horrible.  I love Chip Kelly the head coach.  I think his offensive system is innovative for the NFL, and I do like some of the initiatives he took with conditioning in the NFL.  Chip Kelly is the GM is an idiot.  

Lions-  This is not a rebuilding year for them, and with a healthy Calvin Johnson and Golden Tate, this was the year they were supposed to really take off.  I don't quite understand how they have fallen off, when their WRs are healthy, they have a good RB combination, a healthy Stafford, and even an ok weapon at TE.  This should be a dynamic offense, yet it hasn't been the same the last two years.  

Ravens:  They lost two late games, and I do think they'll bounce back, but competition is stiff in the AFC and I'm not sure they are talented enough to pull off a decent winning streak.  They also play the NFC West, which seem to look as tough as usual, so not many easy wins on their schedule either.  

Chicago and Houston, since neither has a QB.  Bears don't have a defense either, as they've lost their 2 games by a combined 33 points (both games at home too).  Bears only used 1 of their first 4 draft picks on defense.  Perhaps this was a bad call.

nobody expected the Bears to do anything this year ditto for the Texans.

Eagles were predicted to either win the Nfc East or get a wildcard and make a run.  Their season is quickly turning into an abomination.

I barely watched but every time I saw him get the ball, the Cowboys had a defender 3 yards past the LOS making a tackle in the backfield.  

The way the Murray signing transpired was so odd too, and the first signal to me that Chip might be in over his head.  Here was a RB coming off a 400-touch season with his old team showing very little interest in bringing him back.  Then Murray calls Chip and asks him to bring him in for a visit, and has a deal a few days later.  The guy went from not being on their radar one day, to a huge contract a few days later after the player called the team and asked him to sign him?  Crazy.

is that really how that went down? Lol geez I didn't see that...yea that is strange to say the least.

Archived