Very Random Jets Question But...

TuscanyTile2

funny you ask, because i kind of miss the razzle dazzle plays we used to run. I know most of the board hates any kind of trick plays, but I think they're fun and add excitement. Apparently, we've been traumatized by Schotty and afterward attempts at the wild cat. But I miss those Brad Smith gadget plays. It gets kind of boring when our most exciting play is a slant to Decker or Marshall.  Let's mix it up a little, fellas!  Oh, and the answer to your question: didn't Kerley throw a pass last year to someone?

You mean you don't like our new trick plays?  Say it's 4th and 4. Only conventional wisdom says to move the ball forward.  We flip that sh!t on its head and throw it negative two yards.  If that's not tricky, I dunno what is.  In fact, it's magic.  Fitz-magic.

When was the last time a team that was solid and feared ran flea flickers???

Don't know, but I'll tell you the first team: K.C. Chiefs of the AFL,running end around to Frank Pitts. They beat the boring Vikings in the Superbowl cause of that innovative stuff. OK, today may be different, but just sayin, would be cool to see a little motion, an occasional end around... It's all Ivory and slant patterns, Ivory and slant patterns. Not complaining about this offense, it's the crispest one we've had in years... but ya know, let's throw in a razzle dazzle once in a while. Does our O.C. have a history of ever doing this?

Don't know, but I'll tell you the first team: K.C. Chiefs of the AFL,running end around to Frank Pitts. They beat the boring Vikings in the Superbowl cause of that innovative stuff. OK, today may be different, but just sayin, would be cool to see a little motion, an occasional end around... It's all Ivory and slant patterns, Ivory and slant patterns. Not complaining about this offense, it's the crispest one we've had in years... but ya know, let's throw in a razzle dazzle once in a while. Does our O.C. have a history of ever doing this?

Like the wildcat???  Lets bring back Tebow while we are at it.:D

What we're doing on offense is very Parcells like, running the same sh*t over & over & over until they can do it in their sleep! Then you add some wrinkles to the play book. We had a bit of a tough stretch because everyone was hurt.

i know a lot of you guys don't like Bilal Powell but at least we know the reason he looked so bad as his ankle has almost ruined his entire season. We could have used him on a lot of those 3rd & 4th and 2s because he does have good hands & he's excellent at picking up blitzes. Decker has been slowed by the knee never seeming to practice a full week, Ivory we know was tweaked on the 1st play in New England, now Marshall is banged up with the toe & shoulder. Enunwa was suspended for 4 games & was a big part of our scheme of running & blocking.

lets hope we can string some wins together & get healthier at the same time. We haven't seen 60 minutes from this team on offense & defense yet. We've seemed a bit disjointed. But, we've had some really, really dominating 2nd halfs when we were heathy that gives me hope we haven't seen the best of this team yet. It takes time when you throw a bunch of people together.

The trick is to win while your learning & I think the injuries have set that progress back. Like others have said, our losses other than Oakland could have easily been wins, our wins have been dominant enough, a big change from past 8-8 teams where our wins were by the skin of our teeth.

Pacells did it in the Super Bowl.  Cowher called the end around pass from Randle-El to HInes Ward against the Seahawks. It's just a wrinkle, not a staple.

Yes...these are two teams with SOLID offenses and it came as a surprise, especially in the SB.  We are not in that category and when we get to a SB, Ill go along with your point. :P

we aren't NE but we have a damn good offense.  the best we have had I think since 2002 when we got on that roll w/ Chad.

We are 12th in scoring and 9th in points allowed.. We were 9th in scoring in 2008 with Favre and 5th with Vinny in 1998.. Chad in 02 was 15th in scoring..

We are 12th in scoring and 9th in points allowed.. We were 9th in scoring in 2008 with Favre and 5th with Vinny in 1998.. Chad in 02 was 15th in scoring..

remember Chad took over a few games in and we really didn't get rolling until midseason, from that point on we were much better than a 15th rank scoring O.

2008 is skewed b/c of 2 games against NFC West opponents, most of that season we struggled to score.

remember Chad took over a few games in and we really didn't get rolling until midseason, from that point on we were much better than a 15th rank scoring O.

2008 is skewed b/c of 2 games against NFC West opponents, most of that season we struggled to score.

<_<  called out and your back peddling is quite expected.

Does this have anything to do with the anniversary of Theisman's injury?

Actually I think it might.  I was reading that ESPN article about it yesterday (something like "30 things you didn't know about that play/game") and I read it was on a flea flicker.  I think that's what got me to thinking about the last time the Jets ran one. 

Actually I think it might.  I was reading that ESPN article about it yesterday (something like "30 things you didn't know about that play/game") and I read it was on a flea flicker.  I think that's what got me to thinking about the last time the Jets ran one. 

yeah I didn't remember that play being on a flea flicker either

Archived