Playoff Predictions (Wild Card Weekend)

JustInFudge

I've got to say, this is by far the toughest year to predict the playoffs.  There is no dominate team in either conference.  The AFC field is pure sh*t (thanks Jets) and anyone can beat anyone. The NFC seems to have the better field but again, it's wide-open.  I'll update the thread as the playoffs advance but for now, lets look at the Wild Card Weekend: 

AFC

KC vs. Houston - KC is clearly the hottest team in Football and I just dont think that Houston has the fire power to beat that KC defense with them getting back a healthy Justin Houston. Whereas I think KC, has just enough offense to beat that hot Houston D.  Interestingly enough, this was an opening day match up and KC won.  Then lost their next 5.  But then proceed to go on a 10 game winning streak.  I like KC in this match.

Pitts vs. Cinci - an AFCN rivalry game. The 2 teams split this year but the Steelers smoked them when AJ McCarron had to enter the game.  Can you trust Cinci to finally win a playoff game? No.  You cant.  I like the Steelers passing attack to make plays down field.  Antonio Brown is the best in the biz and you have to like the Steelers riding Big Ben and his experience in the playoffs.  Steelers win convincingly. 

NFC

Seattle vs. Minn - Seattle has been playing great ball lately.  Wilson is balling.  The D is starting to look good.  Beast Mode is back.  However, they're facing a solid Minn. D with the best RB in the game and the Vikings do a great job of controlling the clock.  Still Teddy Bridgewater in his first playoff game vs. a team that went to back to back Super Bowls?  I like Seattle.

GB vs. Washington - The Redskins are riding high on a 4 game winning streak where Kirk Cousins has been on absolute fire.  Whereas the Packers are limping in, losing their last 2 games.  Aaron Rodgers hasnt looked like Aaron Rodgers and the Redskins have a sneaky good D.  First home team I'm taking?  Yep.  I like the Skins in this match up.  

Can't say I disagree with any of these picks. Was Jordy Nelson that important to Rodgers?

Yes.  Even the best QB's seem to need that one guy they feel confident just throwing the ball up to from time to time.  A guy mostly comfortable in the slot like Cobb just doesn't fit the bill.  Couple that with Davante Adams having a disastrous season, Richard Rodgers mostly playing at a JAG level, and mixed results out of Eddie Lacy and this is what you get out of the Packer offense.

Can't say I disagree with any of these picks. Was Jordy Nelson that important to Rodgers? I think whomever comes out of the NFC bloodbath is going to annihilate the AFC this year. Just not as good, or complete teams, in the AFC.

Yeah dude, I think so.  Cobb isnt a guy who's going to beat double coverage and be a guy to line up consistently outside.  Jordy gives him those one on one looks that he doesnt get now.  Plus, their OL has been terrible and have no consistency in the run game.

And I agree.  The NFC will most likely destroy the AFC.  The AFC playoff field is the worst I've ever seen.

Yeah dude, I think so.  Cobb isnt a guy who's going to beat double coverage and be a guy to line up consistently outside.  Jordy gives him those one on one looks that he doesnt get now.  Plus, their OL has been terrible and have no consistency in the run game.

And I agree.  The NFC will most likely destroy the AFC.  The AFC playoff field is the worst I've ever seen.

If nelson was In and Cobb was out, packers in same shape, OL is awful

If we had gone to Cincy, I think we would have lost. They had the speed to kill us on both sides of the ball. 

Steelers can beat them, and I think they will.

Seahawks went into Minny and crushed them. I think they will do it again.

Chiefs will beat the Texans

Redskins will "upset" Green Bay. Packers on full tilt right now

It's strange because I feel all the away teams are just so much better with the exception of GB, and even then I think WAS should win that matchup.  Don't underestimate how good WAS has been playing of late, and they're home.  WAS is equally as good as MIN and GB couldn't beat MIN in their own house. 

If nelson was In and Cobb was out, packers in same shape, OL is awful

It starts up front, no doubt.  But Jordy makes that offense click.  Cobb doesnt make you game plan for him the way Jordy does.  Cobb aint sh*t without Jordy.  Cobb has missed time before and the offense didnt skip a beat. 

There is always and upset.

KC over Houston - KC has not won a playoff game since 1994.

Pitt over Cinci - Crimson tide QBs make good bench warmers and nothing more.

Minn over Seattle - Its going to be cold and the Vikes are good.

GB over Washington - Packers should at least win this one and then they will be done.

GB over Washington - Packers should at least win this one and then they will be done.

OK with any of that.  I live in DC and hate to admit it but i think Skins win this one.  Packers are a mess and Skins are playing very well

ya Bart Starr  JWN and Ken Stabler were awesome bench warmers

Archived