How much of Belichick's success is because of Brady ? ? ?

kelly

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, PFSIKH said:

I forgot.  Everything operates in a vacuum with you.  Everything is equal.

Ignoring the fact he took over a horrible team in Cleveland.  The Cleveland team he took over had less wins (3 < 4), gave up more points and scored less than the Jets team Coslett took over.  And Coslett backed into the playoffs with an 8-8 record.   That was the high water mark and never won a playoff game.   Yeah, his job was easier.  Did the Jets hang a Wildcard banner?

"Rumblings about job security", according to who?  The interwebz?  Is this the same media that said he lost the team after cutting MIlloy?  Again, if you actually paid attention to the "Cleveland 1995", there was a plan.  It is in the show, but whatever. 

a team so horrible they made 3 AFC Championship games in 5 years before he got there.  he got there w/ plan B FA in effect then full FA 2 years later.  The 1990 NY Jets were a MILLION times worse than the 1991 Cleveland Browns, by year 2 the immortal Bruce Coslet had us in the playoffs but it took the genius 4 years to get the Browns to the playoffs.  Cle 1990 was 3-13, the 1989 NY jets were 4-12 but Clevland still had winning players and a winning culture.  we did not, we were a complete mess.  In 1989 the Browns were playing for the right to go to the Super Bowl.  how does one "back in" to the playoffs by winning a win and in game on the road?  In 1994 the browns lost 3 of thier last 6 and made it, I guess that is backing in too?

BB was on the hot seat in 2001 especially after the 0-2 start.  

again, what was this plan? a 10 year plan? he was there FIVE years, year 1 he was 6-10 and his last year 5-11.  the plan wasn't working. the show was heavily slanted toward BB, made him look much better than he was in Cle b/c we now know what he has done in NE.  NE fans didn't want him in 2000, NYJ fans didn't care he left, NE fans wanted him gone early in 2001 then magically everything changed the moment #12 stepped on the field.

Obviously it's not one or the other. It's the whole, you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours.

Belichick is a football encyclopedia with a masterful control on the x's and o's and in game strategies. He's also a cheat. He needed a leader; preferably a QB, who was willing to do anything to win and make a mark on the game. He couldn't find that in Cleveland. He couldn't find it in Bledsoe. That's where Brady comes in. Scrawny kid with no experience but an unbelievable drive and competitive spirit with no ethical bounds.

Give him the opposing teams playbooks, ask him to deflate some balls to limit turnovers from his RBs and WRs, ask him to take money under the table so that the Beli can allocate that cap space to other players to help build up the team around Brady (just to name the stories we've heard about; who knows what else there may be). And of course, Brady still had to succeed in all of this, while still toeing the Belichick line and doing anything it takes to keep Beli's secrets. He's done it all. He's literally a perfect match for Belichick.

So I'd say, if Brady hadn't come along, Beli would probably be a top notch D-coordinator like Wade Phillips right now, but at the same time, if it weren't for Beli, Brady would probably have floated around the league as a third stringer for a couple of years like Greg McElroy, before calling it quits and thinking about what could have been...

5 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Obviously it's not one or the other. It's the whole, you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours.

Belichick is a football encyclopedia with a masterful control on the x's and o's and in game strategies. He's also a cheat. He needed a leader; preferably a QB, who was willing to do anything to win and make a mark on the game. He couldn't find that in Cleveland. He couldn't find it in Bledsoe. That's where Brady comes in. Scrawny kid with no experience but an unbelievable drive and competitive spirit with no ethical bounds.

Give him the opposing teams playbooks, ask him to deflate some balls to limit turnovers from his RBs and WRs, ask him to take money under the table so that the Beli can allocate that cap space to other players to help build up the team around Brady (just to name the stories we've heard about; who knows what else there may be). And of course, Brady still had to succeed in all of this, while still toeing the Belichick line and doing anything it takes to keep Beli's secrets. He's done it all. He's literally a perfect match for Belichick.

So I'd say, if Brady hadn't come along, Beli would probably be a top notch D-coordinator like Wade Phillips right now, but at the same time, if it weren't for Beli, Brady would probably have floated around the league as a third stringer for a couple of years like Greg McElroy, before calling it quits and thinking about what could have been...

I agree with every word of this

Wow, did you post that sitting on the grassy knoll?

1 hour ago, PatsFanTX said:

Another clueless fan posting something he has no clue about.

Mo Lewis?

Laughed my ass off on that one.

At least you are consistent.

There was talk up until Lewis turned your teams future around by almost killing Bledsoe that Kraft was disappointed and close to firing him.  

Laugh all you want.  Facts can be funny.  

9 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

Gotta love a Jets fan, who has never seen his team even play in a Super Bowl in his life, knows exactly how the Pats dynasty has won 4 Super Bowl titles in 15 years.

May be your dumbest statement yet.  Ever.  

Your team has to win a SB for you to know why a team won a SB?  On what level does that make sense? As if you learned the game when you jumped off the Jets bandwagon for the Pats bandwagon?  Because your posts don't actually prove that to be the case

43 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

Gotta love a Jets fan, who has never seen his team even play in a Super Bowl in his life, knows exactly how the Pats dynasty has won 4 Super Bowl titles in 15 years.

I remember when the TXbot was a real, clever person posting on JI back in '05 & '06. 

54 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

Really dumb post. I've learned thru the years of reading your drivel,  that when you get frustrated by facts you know to be true, you resort to illogical posts like the one above in defense.

1. I did  see the Jets win a Superbowl, so I guess your little tantrum above doesn't apply to me. 2. I firmly believe that Belichock would have been fired either after that season (the one where Brady filled in for Bledsoe) or the next due to  poor results without Brady. 3. Without brady, Belochick wouldn't have won jack sh*t as a HC. 

Have a nice day you cheater lover.

2 hours ago, PatsFanTX said:

Another clueless fan posting something he has no clue about.

Mo Lewis?

Laughed my ass off on that one.

At least you are consistent.

He's 100% correct and you know it. To say otherwise would be fibbing.

Really dumb post. I've learned thru the years of reading your drivel,  that when you get frustrated by facts you know to be true, you resort to illogical posts like the one above in defense.

1. I did  see the Jets win a Superbowl, so I guess your little tantrum above doesn't apply to me. 2. I firmly believe that Belichock would have been fired either after that season (the one where Brady filled in for Bledsoe) or the next due to  poor results without Brady. 3. Without brady, Belochick wouldn't have won jack sh*t as a HC. 

Have a nice day you cheater lover.

I know you are one of the 1% of posters on the board who enjoyed a Jets Championship. Congrats!

The Pats have had the greatest 15-year run in the history of the NFL.

You are a very good poster, please don't sink to the level of those posters that don't have a clue.

10 hours ago, nyjunc said:

a team so horrible they made 3 AFC Championship games in 5 years before he got there.  he got there w/ plan B FA in effect then full FA 2 years later.  The 1990 NY Jets were a MILLION times worse than the 1991 Cleveland Browns, by year 2 the immortal Bruce Coslet had us in the playoffs but it took the genius 4 years to get the Browns to the playoffs.  Cle 1990 was 3-13, the 1989 NY jets were 4-12 but Clevland still had winning players and a winning culture.  we did not, we were a complete mess.  In 1989 the Browns were playing for the right to go to the Super Bowl.  how does one "back in" to the playoffs by winning a win and in game on the road?  In 1994 the browns lost 3 of thier last 6 and made it, I guess that is backing in too?

again, what was this plan? a 10 year plan? he was there FIVE years, year 1 he was 6-10 and his last year 5-11.  the plan wasn't working. the show was heavily slanted toward BB, made him look much better than he was in Cle b/c we now know what he has done in NE.  NE fans didn't want him in 2000, NYJ fans didn't care he left, NE fans wanted him gone early in 2001 then magically everything changed the moment #12 stepped on the field.

It's tough to win with an idiot like Ernie Accorsi running things.

I think maybe Kosar refused to cheat. Probably Bledsoe too

11 hours ago, nyjunc said:

DId they make the AFC Championship the year before Belichick took over?  No.  They were 3-13.   They were outscored 462-228.  The lost by an average of two touchdowns a game.  The team had grown old and Belichick cleaned house.

The Jets were bad, but they were more mediocre than a team that bottomed out.

Belichick was not on the hot seat.  That is all media speculation.  Kraft helped push Par$ells out of town.  He knew the team was a in a cap mess and needed to cut players.  You cannot purge your team expect it to be more than 5-11.  He was not on a hot seat.

They both need each other.

Theyre both great and will go down as one of the greatest of all time.

But like someone said earlier, Beli was on his way to being a permanent great D coordinator and Brady would've ended up a journey man.

The Pats and themselves hit the lottery, good for them.

4 hours ago, ghost_in_pads02 said:

Well that could be said about every coach who has ever coached in the NFL *insert great coach name here*

Uhhmmm ... Shula, Walsh, Mike McCarthy ... Off the top of my head 

15 hours ago, PatsFanTX said:

Wow, did you post that sitting on the grassy knoll?

They were convicted of all of those things. The only theory here is that they probably didn't get caught for everything they did which seems reasonable. Do you really think they were caught every time they did something unethical? 

Brady lies far to well, and is too smug, and sassy to be his first time. Bill just says nothing intelligible so as to never having to be caught in a lie. 

Krafty made it clear when he paid off the NFL then expected Brady's culpability to go away. The shock and defiance when it didn't just shows that it must have always worked in the past. 

Archived