Josh Gordon to Be Released by Browns

SR24

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

A person with a drug or alcohol problem isn't necessarily a loser. 

Agree. I have known some very good kind people that were troubled by alcohol and drugs. Some recovered, some didnt, some even died. There is always hope for recovery. I wouldnt call him a loser. He is surely paying a price though.

Go sign him.  

He's entering rehab, new kid on the way, and we have a team with vets to help keep him in line.

Very low risk.  The "risk" in question is monetarily.  And we should be able to get him at a bargain.  If he messes up again, no big deal.  But this is a guy, even more so than Marshall and Decker, that can make any QB look good.  Which is obviously good for Fitz, and more importantly, awesome for the young guys.

This is absurd.  You STB guys are denser than Istanbul traffic.  The Jets are a workplace. A professional sports franchise.  Ya know, the Cheats' motto is "do your job." 

ASJ and Josh Gordon are employees whose resumes should be thrown in the trash by the HR department. 

9 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Fitz can't even manage throwing to two very good receivers.. 3 would be way too many for him to think about

With Marshall, Decker, Gordon, Enunwa, Forte and maybe Jenkins, Fitz really could close his eyes and throw the ball anywhere on the field and have at least a 50% completion rate.

If Fitz was smart, he'd be offering up a decent portion of his salary to sign Gordon.  Fitz could have the stats again this season to allow him and his agent to trick another GM into a decent pay-day in 2017.

5 minutes ago, Larz said:

a guy who used while being suspended for using ?  what could go wrong ?

this guy is self destructive and needs help before he kills himself or innocent people

Change of scenery surround him with supportive people and teammates worth a chance, doubt he got much support in Cleveland. 

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Change of scenery surround him with supportive people and teammates worth a chance, doubt he got much support in Cleveland. 

yeah, in cleveland they don't even have phones yet and everyone is a jerk.  its a miracle this poor victim survived at all

8 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

They took him in the supplemental draft due to off the field concerns, and only stood by him through multiple suspensions for about 3 years.  But yeah....  not much support.

Seriously man... pull your head out. NFL teams are not a nanny service.

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Cleveland Browns football organization is a disaster. 

josh browns mental state, maturity and attitude are worse.  he is a big spoiled baby. just like the huge sh*t, giving him another chance is actually selfish and bad for the kid.  he too needs a year off to prove he is stable and reliable 

fans like you and paradis would happily see these kids go down the drain for a few TD's

spare me the superbowl in your lifetime speech, its disgusting

2 minutes ago, Larz said:

josh browns mental state, maturity and attitude are worse.  he is a big spoiled baby. just like the huge sh*t, giving him another chance is actually selfish and bad for the kid.  he too needs a year off to prove he is stable and reliable 

fans like you and paradis would happily see these kids go down the drain for a few TD's

spare me the superbowl in your lifetime speech, its disgusting

Players with talent like Josh gordon has are worth trying to salvage we are obviously banged up at WR 

We seem to have a supportive staff and dedicated players on this team 

Fans like me always hope for the best 

Its fact 

3 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

All this complaining about "wasting" a roster spot on a 4th QB, but people are going to want to tie up at least 2 roster spots with ASJ and Gordon.

Our fans.

Almost gave you a like for this. I believe Gordon is a waste of a roster space with the young talented receivers vs the whole Gordon baggage thing. I don't love that we picked ASJ up due to his off the field problems but i can atleast understand it from a risk/reward standpoint seeing as we have no viable TE on our roster (unless you consider Enunwa one) and ASJ has huge upside if he can get his off the field problems taken care of.

6 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Players with talent like Josh gordon has are worth trying to salvage we are obviously banged up at WR 

Its fact 

the only reason his isn't in jail is he has talent, that's the fact.  

erin henderson is a good example of what I am talking about.  He got 2 DUI's and then was out of football for a year.  Then he came back.  That is a sane approach to it. These young guys deserve a 2nd chance, but when they make it obvious they are out of control, they need to take care of it and suffer some consequences

letting this dummy get away with using while suspended would just send the wrong message he would get high after signing

17 hours ago, Larz said:

the only reason his isn't in jail is he has talent, that's the fact.  

erin henderson is a good example of what I am talking about.  He got 2 DUI's and then was out of football for a year.  Then he came back.  That is a sane approach to it. These young guys deserve a 2nd chance, but when they make it obvious they are out of control, they need to take care of it and suffer some consequences

letting this dummy get away with using while suspended would just send the wrong message he would get high after signing

Ok we disagree I get it how do you guys feel about Josh Browns 1 game suspension for domestic violence. 

16 hours ago, Beerfish said:

He is going to rehab and then the other shoe may drop.  Don;t touch the guy until after he has done his rehab, in fairness to the jets and him.

Exactly.  According to reports, he is planning to enter an in-patient rehab facility.  Assuming he finishes his rehab, if they want to take a flyer on him and see if he has straightened himself out, I have no problem with it,  Gordon's statement earlier this week:

“After careful thought and deep consideration I’ve decided that I need to step away from pursuing my return to the Browns and my football career to enter an in-patient rehabilitation facility. This is the right decision for me and one that I hope will enable me to gain full control of my life and continue on a path to reach my full potential as a person. I appreciate the support of the NFL, NFLPA, the Browns, my teammates, my agent and the community through this extremely challenging process.”

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/article-5/Statements-from-Browns-WR-Josh-Gordon-and-EVP-of-football-operations-Sashi-Brown/02f14b0c-3889-434f-96b7-bcb573b9ae7c

14 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Its fact 

Agree, Players with talent like Josh Gordon are worth trying to salvage. I believe the Browns tried for years to salvage him and held onto him until it became blatantly obvious that he is salvageable. I don't believe at this point we are in dire need of a WR Enunwa and Marshall are healthy enough to play right now and we have three young guys who looked pretty good in the offseason that can see some extended playtime. (Also using Deckers injury as an excuse to sign Gordon would imply that you believe Gordon will even see a snap this season which he may not).

13 hours ago, BRONX DUDE said:

What's wrong with a little marijuana? Puff puff.

Its still illegal federally and the NFL makes its money selling TV commercials, so anything that could lose sponsors is a big deal.  They have to protect the networks investment.

I also doubt he went into in-patient rehab for weed

1 hour ago, Larz said:

Its still illegal federally and the NFL makes its money selling TV commercials, so anything that could lose sponsors is a big deal.  They have to protect the networks investment.

I also doubt he went into in-patient rehab for weed

He certainly didnt enter rehab because he was able to put his off the field problems behind him.

21 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Financial risk is the stupidest context of risk for fans to worry about. It's not our money. In the history of the sport, how many teams really ruin their season by adding an extra rookie contract... the risk ASJ represents is taking a roster spot away from someone more immediately deserving. The risk Gordon represents is spending assets (trading picks) for a player who never plays a game for us.

If people are complaining about using a roster spot on the rookie QB we drafted in round 2, but advocating dedicating assets and further roster spots to sh*theads who can't play right now... it is contradictory logic.

Typical of our fans. 

Financial risk is something fans should worry about not in the sense that it's our money but in the salary cap world a bargain player allows you to spend on other assets.

5 hours ago, adb280z said:

Financial risk is something fans should worry about not in the sense that it's our money but in the salary cap world a bargain player allows you to spend on other assets.

Paying a guy who is notoriously benched or suspended represents zero value, even if you are paying peanuts.

Archived