Praise for Maccagnan

UnitedWhofans

Despite the crappiness of the loss, one thing stood out. We have young talent on this team. Anderson and J. Marshall both had great games. Jenkins had a solid game. 

You can question the Fitz deal ( pressure from owner) and the Mo deal ( MMQB at its finest) but you can't question his talent evaluation. I just hope that Woody can back off a bit and give him time

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Despite the crappiness of the loss, one thing stood out. We have young talent on this team. Anderson and J. Marshall both had great games. Jenkins had a solid game. 

You can question the Fitz deal ( pressure from owner) and the Mo deal ( MMQB at its finest) but you can't question his talent evaluation. I just hope that Woody can back off a bit and give him time

What good is WR talent if you dont have a decent QB to throw them the ball. 

How about NO as well.

1 minute ago, kevinc855 said:

agreed, the good news for Jet fans is there is a lot of young talent. The receiving corps, D line, half of the LB corps are all relatively young. Once we address QB, O Line is next to be built up.

We have 7 games left to begin to address the QB situation.  O Line is for the draft and FA.

1 minute ago, section314 said:

We have 7 games left to begin to address the QB situation.  O Line is for the draft and FA.

We should have addressed the QB situation prior to the start of the 2016 season we had 4 QB's in place and basically as we speak they all suck because we keep trotting out the worst QB in the NFL week after week. 

COME ON MAN

Just now, joewilly12 said:

We should have addressed the QB situation prior to the start of the 2016 season we had 4 QB's in place and basically as we speak they all suck because we keep trotting the worst QB in the NFL week after week. 

COME ON MAN

Joe...can't change that now. We can and should play Petty rest of the way and see if there is anything there. That's what I mean.

Just now, section314 said:

Joe...can't change that now. We can and should play Petty rest of the way and see if there is anything there. That's what I mean.

Agree 110% Petty should have finished the game yesterday and led us to the comeback win instead our moron of a head coach sticks with the loser. 

It ceaselessly amazes me how you guys make up these owner interferences and pass them off you like know for certain Woody is making player personnel decisions. It's better not to make statements about what goes on privately in the FO when you have no idea.

Just now, Jets_Win said:

It ceaselessly amazes me how you guys make up these owner interferences and pass them off you like know for certain Woody is making player personnel decisions. It's better not to make statements about what goes on privately in the FO when you have no idea.

Fair point. Fitz resigning was a necessity otherwise he would have been roasted. It was up to Macc to limit the damage

The Fitz resigning made a lot of sense at the time,  the Jets never folded and find themselves in a good situation not being tied to him after this year.  And yes, I agree Macc has greatly improved the talent on this team.  It's not an excuse but you do have to remember what Macc really inherited here, just look back at our past 5 years of drafts the team has absolutely no talent and that doesn't get fixed overnight.  Ultimately Macc and Bowles for that matter will be judged on whether we're able to find a QB but I think we're off to a good start. Unfortunately, while last year was fun, I think it fooled Jets fans into believing we had a sustainable winner.  The talent on this team is old and the goal last year was to spend the money Idzik left on the table to create an exciting team and make Woody happy by selling some tickets.  If you asked Macc truthfully he'd tell you this team is probably still a few years away from really competing.  

1 minute ago, drsamuel84 said:

The Fitz resigning made a lot of sense at the time,  the Jets never folded and find themselves in a good situation not being tied to him after this year.  And yes, I agree Macc has greatly improved the talent on this team.  It's not an excuse but you do have to remember what Macc really inherited here, just look back at our past 5 years of drafts the team has absolutely no talent and that doesn't get fixed overnight.  Ultimately Macc and Bowles for that matter will be judged on whether we're able to find a QB but I think we're off to a good start. Unfortunately, while last year was fun, I think it fooled Jets fans into believing we had a sustainable winner.  The talent on this team is old and the goal last year was to spend the money Idzik left on the table to create an exciting team and make Woody happy by selling some tickets.  If you asked Macc truthfully he'd tell you this team is probably still a few years away from really competing.  

THANK YOU

13 minutes ago, drsamuel84 said:

The overall talent is on an upswing.   I have a problem with the 3 team leaders not showing up in shape, or not showing up to meetings, and not playing hard.   But that's more on the coach than the GM. 

46 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

What Woody needs to do is put someone who knows WTF he is doing between him and his HC and GM. When either one goes to Woody and gives his weekly report does any Jets fan have faith that Woody can understand what he has been told and can give a smart suggestion of how to fix it? I didn't think so.

I like mac and like some of the udfa guys he has come up with but he is as much to blame for this team as anyone else.  His high priced fa's have fallen on their ass this year.  He signed some guys this past year that have done squat (Jenkins) and his past years draft has really provide no help to this team at all this year.

Just now, Beerfish said:

I like mac and like some of the udfa guys he has come up with but he is as much to blame for this team as anyone else.  His high priced fa's have fallen on their ass this year.  He signed some guys this past year that have done squat (Jenkins) and his past years draft has really provide no help to this team at all this year.

He drafted Leonard Williams!!! 

40 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Next man up 

Doesn't Woody Johnson watch the same games we do on Sundays. 

I cant totally  blame Bowles for  Fitz still playing, as any competent GM could see its time to move on. Either they don't want to because of the money they paid Fitz or they feel Petty wont do any better. Something has to change.

Archived