Draft Rumors

C Mart

4 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

What you mean is there's no big names that fans can get excited about . There's plenty of talent on the Jets roster, because if there wasn't, we could never have won as many games as we have over the last 2 years .

Name the top talent on offense.

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, JiF said:

I'd personally take the beast TE over a RB.  I wouldnt be upset with either but I wouldnt be thrilled with taking a RB at #6 or  a TE for the matter.  Lesser of two evils I guess. 

There are a handful of guys I really like from the 2nd round and on who I think could be just as good as the 3 big names: Kamara, Foreman, Mack, Hunt, Gallman, Mixon (if you can stomach drafting him).  The same can be said for TE I guess but still, I'd rather that than a RB.

At this point I've really found myself in the Williams, Davis, Howard of my want at 6. 

While I don't like the idea of either position, either, I'd take the 25+ touch a game RB over a TE who's having a monster game if he catches 6 passes. 

28 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

It gets like that when someone picks a player other than the player someone prefers .  When I look at a player this high, I believe that the player must satisfy both the football and advertising part of the football team. There are 2 players who have clean grades as football players in this draft . The TE from Bama has the highest grade and right behind him is mcCaffrey . 

Of those 2 players, who would you say have the potential to sell the most merchandise if they become the player many believe them to be  ?

Well, I don't think like that. But my answer to your question gotta be McCaffrey, white kid, running back and posting 2k plus all purpose yards. The dirty work that Howard does do not sell jerseys.

1 minute ago, JiF said:

But, he does. haha.  I mean, I know at TE at #6 isnt exciting but he might be the safest pick in the entire draft. 

The key is to not view him like a TE. Ran a 4.5 flat and murdered the 3 cone drill. He's a chess piece and #1 weapon

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

I'd personally take the beast TE over a RB.  I wouldnt be upset with either but I wouldnt be thrilled with taking a RB at #6 or  a TE for the matter.  Lesser of two evils I guess. 

There are a handful of guys I really like from the 2nd round and on who I think could be just as good as the 3 big names: Kamara, Foreman, Mack, Hunt, Gallman, Mixon (if you can stomach drafting him).  The same can be said for TE I guess but still, I'd rather that than a RB.

At this point I've really found myself in the Williams, Davis, Howard of my want at 6. 

McCaffery isn't just a RB, hell you can still draft another RB like Foreman the 2 of them would be ridiculous together, McCafferey can play WR, runs better routes then Howard, and is just as big a mismatch out of the backfield vs LB's, and Safties as Howard is, and he returns Punts, and Kicks something the Jets haven't had since Leon Washington.  I don't want a RB, or a TE at 6 either, but MacCafferey is not just a RB, and can add a dimension to any offense that is almost impossible to game plan for if you use him correctly.  So this is more of MacCafferey thing then not liking Howard thing, I'm sorry I'm not taking Greg Olsen 6th overall.

4 minutes ago, slats said:

While I don't like the idea of either position, either, I'd take the 25+ touch a game RB over a TE who's having a monster game if he catches 6 passes. 

There are 5 more of those to be found in the 2nd/3rd/4th round of this draft.  Look at the top 10 RB's this year, 1 was a 1st round pick and he ran behind the best OL in the league. It's poor allocation of a draft pick if you ask me.  And are we confident that McCaffery is a 25+ touch guy in the NFL?  I'm not.  He might be a nice little player but I'm not sure he's the bell cow type.

And I dont see how catching 6 passes in a knock.  That's a good day for just about every WR.  That's 96 receptions on the year.  It's basically what you get out of a #1 WR.

RB's are a dime a dozen.  Game changing TE's you can line up anywhere and ask to do anything are not.

Just now, JiF said:

There are 5 more of those to be found in the 2nd/3rd/4th round of this draft.  Look at the top 10 RB's this year, 1 was a 1st round pick and he ran behind the best OL in the league. It's poor allocation of a draft pick if you ask me.  And are we confident that McCaffery is a 25+ touch guy in the NFL?  I'm not.  He might be a nice little player but I'm not sure he's the bell cow type.

And I dont see how catching 6 passes in a knock.  That's a good day for just about every WR.  That's 96 receptions on the year.  It's basically what you get out of a #1 WR.

RB's are a dime a dozen.  Game changing TE's you can line up anywhere and ask to do anything are not.

3 minutes ago, Mecca said:

The key is to not view him like a TE. Ran a 4.5 flat and murdered the 3 cone drill. He's a chess piece and #1 weapon

Yep.  Just pointed that out.  He's a deploy everywhere type of weapon.  

Just now, JiF said:

plus mccaffrey had a ton of touches in college and he isn't such a big guy.  

1 minute ago, Mecca said:

As a blocker he's + 

not to be undersold. Listen to him speak about blocking and blocking drills at Alabama. Will improve the locker room and compete level too I think.

Also-- much less tread on the tires than mccaffery....

1 minute ago, Vader said:

As a blocker he's + 

not to be undersold. Listen to him speak about blocking and blocking drills at Alabama. Will improve the locker room and compete level too I think.

Also-- much less tread on the tires than mccaffery....

While I am all for taking Fournette/Mccaffery/Cook, when you are rebuilding it's tough to take a RB that will get abused for a year or two until you get things figured out on offense. Taking OJ Howard makes too much sense. Either way, we all know they are going defense because we are the Jets and that's what we do. They may throw us a bone and pass on a DL. 

1 minute ago, JiF said:

Again, I don't like either position. The Howard hype reminds me of Ebron hype. I recognize the devaluation of RBs in the NFL, but I also feel that an all around back who can both run and catch has a greater impact every Sunday. 

Me, I'm reaching for the best pass rusher or Mike Williams if I can't trade down. 

1 minute ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

While I am all for taking Fournette/Mccaffery/Cook, when you are rebuilding it's tough to take a RB that will get abused for a year or two until you get things figured out on offense. Taking OJ Howard makes too much sense. Either way, we all know they are going defense because we are the Jets and that's what we do. They may throw us a bone and pass on a DL. 

If they go defense they should all be fired. You just don't sink the amount of resources they are into defense in today's NFL. 

3 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

McCaffery isn't just a RB, hell you can still draft another RB like Foreman the 2 of them would be ridiculous together, McCafferey can play WR, runs better routes then Howard, and is just as big a mismatch out of the backfield vs LB's, and Safties as Howard is, and he returns Punts, and Kicks something the Jets haven't had since Leon Washington.  I don't want a RB, or a TE at 6 either, but MacCafferey is not just a RB, and can add a dimension to any offense that is almost impossible to game plan for if you use him correctly.  So this is more of MacCafferey thing then not liking Howard thing, I'm sorry I'm not taking Greg Olsen 6th overall.

Powell can do everything you just mentioned and we got him in the 4th round.  Of the top 10 RB's last year, 1 was picked in the 1st round. It's just a poor use of a high pick.  I'm just not sold McCaffery is this bell cow everyone is claiming he is and at #6 overall?  Is he Todd Gurley?  **** no he's not.  And look how useless Gurley was this year.  It's a plug and play position, not a spend the #6 overall position.

I think Howard is a significantly better prospect than Greg Olsen.  Like not close. 

6 minutes ago, slats said:

Again, I don't like either position. The Howard hype reminds me of Ebron hype. I recognize the devaluation of RBs in the NFL, but I also feel that an all around back who can both run and catch has a greater impact every Sunday. 

Me, I'm reaching for the best pass rusher or Mike Williams if I can't trade down. 

Eric Ebron couldn't block. Howard was cfb's best.

He, at minimum, immediately upgrades the OL. Pass catching is a bonus.

Ebron is not even close to this.

17 minutes ago, JiF said:

What if they pick Howard at 6 then use sheldon and 2nd and trade up for Williams then trade rest of their draft to come up and grab Cook?

2 minutes ago, slats said:

I dont understand the Ebron and Howard comparison at all but ok and trust me, TE wouldnt be my first choice but if I'm deciding between the two, it's a no brainer. 

I'm not reaching for anything if I'm the Jets.  I'd love Mike Williams though.

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

Powell can do everything you just mentioned and we got him in the 4th round.  Of the top 10 RB's last year, 1 was picked in the 1st round. It's just a poor use of a high pick.  I'm just not sold McCaffery is this bell cow everyone is claiming he is and at #6 overall?  Is he Todd Gurley?  **** no he's not.  And look how useless Gurley was this year.  It's a plug and play position, not a spend the #6 overall position.

I think Howard is a significantly better prospect than Greg Olsen.  Like not close. 

Howard is Olsen's receiving chops blended with Vernon Davis' athleticism. 

I don't understand people saying that we shouldn't take a running back or tigh end at 6#, its mind boggling to me. Yes we have many holes, yes running back might not be our biggest need, but if you have 3 guys (Fournette, Howard, McCaffrey) that can revamp your whole offense why would you pass on that for another DB or defensive player. How that work so far for the Jets, we need to go offense on the first, period.

1 minute ago, Mecca said:

Reggie Bush's film was to die for. It's the same skillset. 

This is a pretty damn good comparison the more you say it.

1 minute ago, SickJetFan said:

What if they pick Howard at 6 then use sheldon and 2nd and trade up for Williams then trade rest of their draft to come up and grab Cook?

Wow.  That's a wet dream.

Just now, SickJetFan said:

Then you will have to watch Howard, Williams, and Cook all throw their hands in the sky on 3rd down after the Jets QB throws it poorly, or gets sacked.

12 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

You'll take a MacCaffery and Pat Mahomes at 6 but not a TE/weapon of Greg Olsen level (and Howard is a better talent/athlete).  Got it.

Never change JN.

Just now, Lupz27 said:

Then you will have to watch Howard, Williams, and Cook all throw their hands in the sky on 3rd down after the Jets QB throws it poorly, or gets sacked.

McCaffery woudnt ;-)?  He'd somehow make the magical catch? lol

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Is McCaffery really the 6th best player in the draft or is everyone just all of a sudden 48 hours before the draft buying into this insane predraft hype surrounding him.

He might be great but my god, at 6?  No F'ing way.

I don't know about 6, but he can do everything.   He was literally like 40+% of their offense.

Archived