In theory there should be a market for Sheldon Richardson..

Beerfish

I think we all agree that we are not getting super value if we trade him but looking at teams rosters and the draft there should be teams that have interest.  Too bad he has had the suspension issues. 

Teams like Washington and Dallas that figure they are close need help on he dline, some teams are switching  to 3-4 from 4-3's.  This draft has a fair number of edge rushers but it looks much thinner as far as all around Dline goes and 3-4 DE types. 

In the NFL, guys on the trading block frequently end up getting released at some point.....especially when they are due to earn $8.1 million in the upcoming season. I can't imagine anyone going too crazy with any type of compensation in a deal for him.  If that is the case, I would expect we will keep him.

1 minute ago, Stonehands said:

In the NFL, guys on the trading block frequently end up getting released at some point.....especially when they are due to earn $8.1 million in the upcoming season. I can't imagine anyone going too crazy with any type of compensation in a deal for him.  If that is the case, I would expect we will keep him.

I don;t know hes a pretty good player if you just look at the player the old wait till released means he can end up with your div rival.  (see my Dallas Wash comments)

Also he pats were able to trade  a few of their guys who were about to get paid.

I do agree though that we will keep him if the offers are just too low but i am dreading the whole round peg in square hole thing we went through last year.

14 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I think we all agree that we are not getting super value if we trade him but looking at teams rosters and the draft there should be teams that have interest.  Too bad he has had the suspension issues. 

Teams like Washington and Dallas that figure they are close need help on he dline, some teams are switching  to 3-4 from 4-3's.  This draft has a fair number of edge rushers but it looks much thinner as far as all around Dline goes and 3-4 DE types. 

I think the issue is more about what Big Mac thinks he should get in return for Sheldon.  

I wonder what the benefit is for either side to making a trade before the draft, aside from the fact it's locked up. If you agree in principle and do it on draft day it allows the Jets to jump up to a spot where they're not expected and the other team to hold back the fact that they have their DL need cleaned up.

Still don't expect anything to happen at this point.

Also the issue with assuming you're going to get a comp pick for him is that if you sign more qualifying FA's than you lose you might not actually get a pick. 

15 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

One of the guys, I think it was one of the former GMs on Sirius said he heard the Jets will trade Sheldumb to Dallas on day 3. So maybe a third and sixth something like that.

Wouldn't Day 3 mean a fourth would be the highest we'd get?

Hopefully move him for a conditional pick next year.  No lower than a 4th with value increasing with his performance.

I'd hate to see him get dealt for a 4th and then put up a double-digit sack season and make the pro-bowl.

Just now, AFJF said:

Hopefully move him for a conditional pick next year.  No lower than a 4th with value increasing with his performance.

I'd hate to see him get dealt for a 4th and then put up a double-digit sack season and make the pro-bowl.

maybe a 6th this year and a conditional next.

Just now, Augustiniak said:

although, they really could use a 4th rounder since they don't have one this year.  i could see mccags taking it, they could take a rb there.

Wouldn't be the end of the world, but hate to give up a guy with as much talent as Sheldon for a 4th.

37 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Im thinking either Raiders or KC....KC needs DE

but I would not be too upset they keep him in contract year and even franchise him next year with approx 80million in cap space.

8 minutes ago, AFJF said:

This is going to happen no matte what we do.  He has learned from mowilkl and he will have a huge year with us or with another team.  The jets are in a no win situation with this guy.

2 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Wouldn't be the end of the world, but hate to give up a guy with as much talent as Sheldon for a 4th.

What about this scenario:

We don't go QB at #6. Dallas is on the clock, and Watson or Mahomes is available. Do you package our second round pick with Sheldon to move up? 

5 minutes ago, AFJF said:

he's gone anyway, so they may as well get what they can get now.  plus he wasn't helpful in the lockerroom, which only adds incentive to get him out.

2 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

We don't go QB at #6. Dallas is on the clock, and Watson or Mahomes is available. Do you package our second round pick with Sheldon to move up? 

For Mahomes, I'd have to think about it.

Watson?  Nah.

Just now, sourceworx said:

if the jets traded back into the first round, i'd hope it's not for one of these fringe qbs. 

This is the subject of another thread, but if the rumor that the Jets turned down a second round pick for him last year is true, that is very troubling.

I think the Jets should consider a half Osweiler here.  Offer to absorb half his salary to take him in return for a decent pick.

A third round pick in this draft could get the Jets a starting S, CB, TE or C for the next 4 years.

1 minute ago, sourceworx said:

I think long and hard if it's Watson. If it's Mahomes, I'm speed-dialing Jerry Jones' number.

Honeslty don't expect either one of them to be on the board at that point.  

Peterman in the 3rd.

6 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Honeslty don't expect either one of them to be on the board at that point.  

Peterman in the 3rd.

If they don't take a QB at #6, then it sure as f*ck better not be for a motherf*cking safety. I can accept Mike Williams, Fournette, or a pass rusher.

Peterman would be an OK consolation prize. 

If they don't take a QB at #6, then sure as f*ck better not be for a motherf*cking safety. I can accept Mike Williams, Fournette, or a pass rusher. 

I'd be fine with Hooker bc they need a ball hawk back there.  As far as pass rusher, I originally had Haason Riddick in rd. 1 but not crazy about two undersized LB's as consecutive first round picks.  Wouldn't be shocked if he's the pick.

Just now, AFJF said:

I'd be fine with Hooker bc they need a ball hawk back there.  As far as pass rusher, I originally had Haason Riddick in rd. 1 but not crazy about two undersized LB's as consecutive first round picks.  Wouldn't be shocked if he's the pick.

If they take Hooker or Adams, I'm going to be foaming at the mouth. Just what we don't need, another injury-prone DB.

At 6, you take players at premier positions. That's QB, WR, LT, or pass rusher. Maybe a CB or RB if they're truly a special player. Taking a safety there is pissing away a top draft pick. Complete waste. I don't give a f*ck how good they looked in college. It does NOTHING for this team.

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Ask yourself this  how many teams can fit Sheldon Richardson salary into their cap.  ( right there severely limits the teams he can be traded to).   The Chiefs might have been a team interested, but they are going to have to make some moves to be able to sign their draft choices.

2 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

If they take Hooker or Adams, I'm going to be foaming at the mouth. Just what we don't need, another injury-prone DB.

At 6, you take players at premier positions. That's QB, WR, LT, or pass rusher. Maybe a CB or RB if they're truly a special player. Taking a safety there is pissing away a top draft pick. Complete waste. I don't give a f*ck how good they looked in college. It does NOTHING for this team.

I'd say we'd have to wait for them to play a few seasons before we know if it's a wasted pick or not.  If he goes on to make a bunch of pro-bowls, it's a good pick.

I generally agree that first round picks need to be a premium position and thinking it's less and less likely that they trade down b/c it sounds like Cleveland wants to move ahead of the Jets to get the players they want.

CB, WR or pass rusher at 6, I suppose.

1 minute ago, Raideraholic said:

Ask yourself this  how many teams can fit Sheldon Richardson salary into their cap.  ( right there severely limits the teams he can be traded to).   The Chiefs might have been a team interested, but they are going to have to make some moves to be able to sign their draft choices.

19 teams have $13 million or more in cap space.

15 teams have $16 million or more in cap space.

They could trade Sheldon to Jacksonville for a early 4th (110).  Coughlin loves to build through the trenches and they could concentrate on offense early.  Fournett in the first, an OL in the early second.  Could play inside and replace Sheldon Day or on the edge to replace Fowler as they continue to develop him.  A Dante Fowler, Malik Jackson, Sheldon Richardson, Calais Campbell would be a solid line.  They also have the cap space to take on his contract: $52M according to overthecap.com

3 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

There are still cuts to be made, june 1st cuts.  If teams want a player they will make room.

1 minute ago, AFJF said:

I'd say we'd have to wait for them to play a few seasons before we know if it's a wasted pick or not.  If he goes on to make a bunch of pro-bowls, it's a good pick.

Great. So we lose by 14 points every game instead of 24. 

We have nothing on offense. A safety is a waste. He can be Ronnie Lott, Ed Reed, and Sean Taylor all wrapped into one. Still a waste.

Great. So we lose by 14 points every game instead of 24. 

We have nothing on offense. A safety is a waste. He can be Ronnie Lott, Ed Reed, and Sean Taylor all wrapped into one. Still a waste.

Okay.

41 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

Im thinking either Raiders or KC....KC needs DE

but I would not be too upset they keep him in contract year and even franchise him next year with approx 80million in cap space.

Kc can't even sign their drafted picks they make this week, and they are going to find 8 plus million , and give up picks for Sheldon Richardson.

Raiders for a one year rental are only giving up a fifth rounder.  The Raiders re-sign him they get a third rounder in 2018.( never see that third rounder as theywill never Give him a longterm deal.

The Jets have to do what's in their best interest- take the best offer they can get.

Archived