Chad Pennington Question

TuscanyTile2

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Freemanm said:

Why the disrespect? As far as I'm concerned, Chad was the last true franchise QB this team ever had. We would have made it to at least the AFCCG had it not been for Doug Brien's incompetence one year. Had Chad stayed healthy, who knows how far we would have gone? 

Calling Chad a franchise QB ....    that tells me everything I need to know.???

4 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

Pre-injury chad had enough arm strength. Without injuries he would have been our first true franchise quarterback since Namath. 

Who knows what he could have done with the talent we had 2008-2010, if he never got hurt.

But we don't live in a world of ifs. 

Cause if my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle.

images.jpg

4 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Like a shiny brand new M5 with a lawn mower engine. People are impressed until you stop on the gas. Chad made  his career in neutral going down hill. Failed miserably  as soon as he came to an incline

Exactly.

And forgetting what always becomes the argument, the old "arm strength vs. brains" debate, there was one overriding principle of Chad that few ever talk about:  The guy was not clutch and was terrible late in the year and in the playoffs.  The NYJ equivalent of Mr. May if there ever was one.

Some guys have big guts for big games, some guys don't.  Chad was a waste of time because he lacked the clutch gene.

SAR I

1 hour ago, Savage69 said:

Refresh my memory I thought the ST kicked field goals?? So if the kicker makes it the offense gets credit but if he misses it's on him??:blink:

so O's don't get credit for setting up FGs? how did they get in FG range? the ball was mysteriously placed there?  if the D scores a Td or you get a PR, KR, blocked K return then O isn't credited but a drive that ends in a FG?  come on.

it's so sad that Jet fans cannot appreciate the little good we have had. Just a miserable bunch of people.

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

The Bill Parcells roster never won a thing.  BP put us in cap hell and cost us a combo of Peyton and BB or (even better) Brady and BB.  BP was a great Coach, he was a terrible GM type.  Chad was an outstanding QB whose career was cut short due to injuries. 

The Bill Parcells roster never won a thing BECAUSE OF CHAD PENNINGTON!  Good lord. 

Chad Pennington was the white Geno Smith.

SAR I

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

Exactly.

And forgetting what always becomes the argument, the old "arm strength vs. brains" debate, there was one overriding principle of Chad that few ever talk about:  The guy was not clutch and was terrible late in the year and in the playoffs.  The NYJ equivalent of Mr. May if there ever was one.

Some guys have big guts for big games, some guys don't.  Chad was a waste of time because he lacked the clutch gene.

SAR I

2002 from week 16 through WC round he led our O to 37.6 PPG, threw 10 TDs and ZERO INTs, outplayed Tom Brady on the road(NE wouldn't lose another home game for THREE years), Brett favre and Peyton Manning. 

Oh and he led us in that stretch to only our SECOND EVER AFC East title(the last one we won by the way and the only non Brady div title in Brady era where he has been healthy)

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The Bill Parcells roster never won a thing BECAUSE OF CHAD PENNINGTON!  Good lord. 

SAR I

why didn't the Bill Parcells roster ever win anything anywhere?

Chad Pennington in 3 mostly healthy seasons here: 3 PO apps, 1 div title. He leaves and goes to 1 win Miami and they win 11 games and a div title w/ him but yeah he was just like geno Smith and clearly held back the great Parcells built rosters:lol:

23 minutes ago, thadude said:

Parcells drafted him

Of course.  The point is that the teams that Parcells and his protegee Tannenbaum built between 1997 and 2000, that four-year stretch, became the core that lasted and morphed into the 2009-2010 teams  And for the best part of that span with some very good players young and in their primes, Chad sh*t the bed.

But let's invite him to churn the air raid signal and pretend he is one of the Jets "legends".  Give me a break.

SAR I

Chadwick to this day remains a divisive presence among Jet fans.  Perhaps it is surprising that he still has a rabid, unreasonable  and uninformed base of supporters, but this kind of thing happens in society.    Not all Jet fans are reasonable or know the game that well.  They tend to be Chad Fans.  I'm not going to get into debating an issue that was long ago settled.  Quite simply no matter what he might have accomplished otherwise, once exposed in that Raiders game and then the string of injuries he was hampered by, he was not a good Qb.   

one of the least knowledgeable, worst posters I have seen on any board is calling out those that backed Chad as those that don't know the game well.  You can't make this stuff up.

for that brilliant poster, once he was "exposed" in the Raider game he led us to TWO more playoff apps- one of which to the brink of the title game but he was exposed that day in Oakland(QBs never just have bad games, they get exposed) and never recovered. 

There are great fans on here that I disagree with and that's ok, we have fun but for the biggest buffoon I have ever seen on any board to call out Jet fans- all you can do is laugh.

18 minutes ago, thadude said:

Parcells drafted him

Al Groh drafted him.

8 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Of course.  The point is that the teams that Parcells built between 1997 and 2000, that four-year stretch, became the core that lasted and morphed into the 2009-2010 teams  And for the best part of that span with some very good players young and in their primes, Chad sh*t the bed.

But let's invite him to churn the air raid signal and pretend he is one of the Jets "legends".  Give me a break.

SAR I

Parcells built nothing, he inherited a ton of young talent and then added a few nice pieces while drafting horribly and putting us in cap hell.  Chad was up against the Patriots dynasty when they were at their peak and he still won a div title and led us to 3 postseasons in that span.

30 minutes ago, Pac said:

Pennington was the QB Fitz was supposed to be.  Smart, accurate, gamer.

Fitz couldn't hold Pennys jock.  In fact he's probably the best QB this team has had since Namath.

lol, they aren't remotely the same player or personality type... Fitz went to Harvard. That's where the whole cerebral QB thing ends with him.

As a QB he had Favre's gunslinger mentality and Penny's arm. Horrid combo. 

You guys equating Fitz to Penny because "smart = Harvard" generalize things to a level of stupidity that is mind blowing.

13 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Of course.  The point is that the teams that Parcells built between 1997 and 2000, that four-year stretch, became the core that lasted and morphed into the 2009-2010 teams  And for the best part of that span with some very good players young and in their primes, Chad sh*t the bed.

SAR I

Wait a sec. Now that fat **** made the 2009-2010 teams?  How many players that fat tub of sh*t selected were on those Mangini/Tannenbaum/Rex teams?  Shaun Ellis? You want to credit him with Ellis, then he gets Chaddie too.  Was there anybody else? Give me a ******* break. Core my sweet ass.

8 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Al Groh drafted him.

Parcells built nothing, he inherited a ton of young talent and then added a few nice pieces while drafting horribly and putting us in cap hell.  Chad was up against the Patriots dynasty when they were at their peak and he still won a div title and led us to 3 postseasons in that span.

Bill Parcells drafted him.  Parcells stepped down from coaching but was our GM for 2000.

Give me a break about these ridiculous blanket statements like "Parcells built nothing, he inherited a ton of talent".  It's just as weak as "the defense carried Mark Sanchez".  Yeah, never give credit to the rock star, always he's being "carried" by the backup singers. 

Sometimes I think I'm the only one who knows what's going on.

SAR I

9 minutes ago, OH THE PAIN said:

Chad is a Rhodes scholar ; Geno should be selling pretzels in the parking lot . 

"Rhodes Scholar". 

I'd rather have "numbskull jock" and wind up with Brett Favre or Terry Bradshaw.

SAR I

43 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Hates Chad. Loves Sanchez.

LOLbad.

P.S. Parsells built very little, and the defense and running game absolutely carried Sanchez.

5 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

You guys equating Fitz to Penny because "smart = Harvard" generalize things to a level of stupidity that is mind blowing.

"Ritch Kotite's drafts made Bill Parcells success!"

"The defense carried Ryan Fitzpatrick!"

"The defense carried Mark Sanchez!"

"Chad Pennington carried the defense!"

I swear, the things people say around here.

SAR I

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

Hates Chad. Loves Sanchez.

LOLbad.

Chad = Took quality Parcells roster with HOF running back and ran it into the ground.

Mark = Took skechy rebuilding roster with awful head coach and came within 30 minutes of the Super Bowl.  Twice.

LOLforgettinghistory

SAR I

Just now, SAR I said:

Chad = Took quality Parcells roster with HOF running back and ran it into the ground.

Mark = Took skechy rebuilding roster with awful head coach and came within 30 minutes of the Super Bowl.  Twice.

LOLforgettinghistory

SAR I

Love you SAR, but on Penny v. Sanchez you're just wrong. So wrong it's not even worth debating tbqh. You're entitled to your historical fantasies, same as Geno fans.

Bill Parcells drafted him.  Parcells stepped down from coaching but was our GM for 2000.

Give me a break about these ridiculous blanket statements like "Parcells built nothing, he inherited a ton of talent".  It's just as weak as "the defense carried Mark Sanchez".  Yeah, never give credit to the rock star, always he's being "carried" by the backup singers. 

Sometimes I think I'm the only one who knows what's going on.

SAR I

Al Groh drafted him.

http://www.nytimes.com/2000/01/25/sports/pro-football-parcells-hands-the-coaching-reins-over-to-groh.html

the 58-year-old Parcells said he was ceding the powers of personnel selection to Groh, who has never been a head coach in the National Football League. Parcells said that Groh, 55, who received a four-year contract worth $800,000 annually, will have the last word on trades, the draft and free-agent acquisitions.

''I think all of you know that I have a very strong belief in that a coach must be allowed to shape and form his team the way he wants to,'' Parcells said. ''I've been an advocate of that. I think it's important. I think he has enough experience coaching and has seen enough programs in operation to do that.''

The Jets had a ton of young talent when BP came on board and he inherited the #1 overall pick.  His drafts from 1997-1999 were as bad as could be and he put us in cap hell.  He’s an all time great HC, he’s mediocre at best as personnel guy.

LOLforgettinghistory

SAR I

The “quality Parcells roster” had to be gutted after 2001 thanks to a bloated cap he left us, they retooled and Chad took over w/ the team at 1-3 and led them to only our 2nd EVER div title.

7 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Wait a sec. Now that fat **** made the 2009-2010 teams?  How many players that fat tub of sh*t selected were on those Mangini/Tannenbaum/Rex teams?  Shaun Ellis? You want to credit him with Ellis, then he gets Chaddie too.  Was there anybody else? Give me a ******* break. Core my sweet ass.

Bill Parcells brought Mike Tannenbaum with him, promoted him, groomed him.  The players and picks and cap knowledge accumulated for the 5 years Parcells was here and advising Mr. Johnson plus the smooth GM transition to Mike Tannenbaum provided the Jets a 14 year run where we made the playoffs 6 times, had a winning record 8 times, went at least .500 10 times, and only had a losing season 4 times.

We were a joke doormat before Parcells and Tannenbaum, we are a joke doormat again after Parcells and Tannenbaum.  Enjoy.

SAR I

Archived