Sign in to follow this  
Joe W. Namath

Scouting the qbs for next year thread

Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
4 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

I find fault in that logic. You don't tell a battered wife that the pathway to healing is to accept that there's no escape.

Well, I am not going to partake in this, even if it is joking around. Domestic abuse is nothing I would ever joke about.

6 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Todd Bowles is the head coach next season. The sooner people start embracing that reality, the sooner the healing can begin.

Wanna bet Max? You determine the prize. I am down for anything you decide. Bowles will not be the Head Coach next year. 

Just now, Fibonacci said:

Wanna bet Max? You determine the prize. I am down for anything you decide. Bowles will not be the Head Coach next year. 

Okay. You give me 5 to 1 odds. We bet $1,000. That is what I decide.

4 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Well, I am not going to partake in this, even if it is joking around. Domestic abuse is nothing I would ever joke about.

Fair enough, I respect that. Leave the dark sense of humor to me. :)

7 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Okay. You give me 5 to 1 odds. We bet $1,000. That is what I decide.

So if I win you give me $200 and if you win I give you $1000. Can it be fair bet? :) $200 each is fine by me. :)

4 minutes ago, Fibonacci said:

So if I win you give me $200 and if you win I give you $1000. Can it be fair bet? :) $200 each is fine by me. :)

Nope, you said I decide. So I want $5,000 from you if I win and I put up $1,000. 

It is such a definite thing that Bowles will be fired. That is what I keep reading. He probably won't make it through the season. I will pay you the $1,000 as soon as he gets fired. You wouldn't have to pay me the $5,000 until the new league year. But that wouldn't happen because he is getting fired. Everyone keeps saying it, so it must be true.

6 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Nope, you said I decide. So I want $5,000 from you if I win and I put up $1,000. 

It is such a definite thing that Bowles will be fired. That is what I keep reading. He probably won't make it through the season. I will pay you the $1,000 as soon as he gets fired. You wouldn't have to pay me the $5,000 until the new league year. But that wouldn't happen because he is getting fired. Everyone keeps saying it, so it must be true.

Well, I didn't mean it to be an unfair bet. $1000 for $1000. Or $200 for $200. You oick. I will mail you a check and I expect the same. Whoever wins will cash the check. Good?

21 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Whoever is playing QB for Florida right now is dreadful

I was just going to post: News flash, the Gators don't have a QB for anyone to watch. 

Just now, CotcheryifyouCan said:

why did they bench franks? zaire is terrible

No logical reason.  Coach Mac is an idiot 

2 minutes ago, CotcheryifyouCan said:

yea im no fan of mac. for being this offensive guru he hasnt put a decent offense out there since being hired

Yep. He's terrible.  3 years in, no QB, no offense, just a joke, year after year.

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Michigan QB throws the ball like its 600 pounds 

I'd take both over what the Gators trot out there. 

39 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Its early, but darnold struggling.  3 of 7 for 22 yards.  USC down 14-7 to western michigan.

Tbf to him, there's at least 3 occasions where his receivers just dropped it. Not had a brilliant game by any stretch (including a pick just there) but he's not been helped by his offence. 

Darnold 11 of 19 for 115 yards.  0 tds and 1 int.  I see a little windup in his throwing  motion.  Doesnt seem to have a quick released.

It is only a half of football and i am no qb expert, by i see nothing special about sam darnold.

Poor sequence there from Darnold. Overthrew an open receiver, then two dangerous throws, the second of which was tipped and intercepted. 11/19 1 Int. 

Darnold just threw a pick. Looked like the receiver was covered, and the DB batted it. Not the strongest showing so far by any means.

3 hours ago, Tinstar said:

Darnold will play against a team he should dominate

You mean the team that finished 13-1 last year, and finished #15 in the final AP Rankings?  A team that would wipe the floor with Iowa, that team?

1 minute ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Darnold 11 of 19 for 115 yards.  0 tds and 1 int.  I see a little windup in his throwing  motion.  Doesnt seem to have a quick released.

It is only a half of football and i am no qb expert, by i see nothing special about sam darnold.

Where are you guys watching this from?  I can't find the game.

2 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Because there is nothing special about him. 

1 minute ago, Lupz27 said:

Where are you guys watching this from?  I can't find the game.

Google myfeed2all, American football section, then find the game. 

Just now, JiF said:

Because there is nothing special about him. 

Lol, what they failed to mention is the 2 TD drives he lead that ended in rushing TD's.

1 minute ago, Lupz27 said:

Lol, what they failed to mention is the 2 TD drives he lead that ended in rushing TD's.

That's fine.  He's still a mediocre prospect.