Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Joe W. Namath

Scouting the qbs for next year thread

Recommended Posts

Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
4 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

I find fault in that logic. You don't tell a battered wife that the pathway to healing is to accept that there's no escape.

Well, I am not going to partake in this, even if it is joking around. Domestic abuse is nothing I would ever joke about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Todd Bowles is the head coach next season. The sooner people start embracing that reality, the sooner the healing can begin.

Wanna bet Max? You determine the prize. I am down for anything you decide. Bowles will not be the Head Coach next year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Fibonacci said:

Wanna bet Max? You determine the prize. I am down for anything you decide. Bowles will not be the Head Coach next year. 

Okay. You give me 5 to 1 odds. We bet $1,000. That is what I decide.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Well, I am not going to partake in this, even if it is joking around. Domestic abuse is nothing I would ever joke about.

Fair enough, I respect that. Leave the dark sense of humor to me. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Okay. You give me 5 to 1 odds. We bet $1,000. That is what I decide.

So if I win you give me $200 and if you win I give you $1000. Can it be fair bet? :) $200 each is fine by me. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Fibonacci said:

So if I win you give me $200 and if you win I give you $1000. Can it be fair bet? :) $200 each is fine by me. :)

Nope, you said I decide. So I want $5,000 from you if I win and I put up $1,000. 

It is such a definite thing that Bowles will be fired. That is what I keep reading. He probably won't make it through the season. I will pay you the $1,000 as soon as he gets fired. You wouldn't have to pay me the $5,000 until the new league year. But that wouldn't happen because he is getting fired. Everyone keeps saying it, so it must be true.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Nope, you said I decide. So I want $5,000 from you if I win and I put up $1,000. 

It is such a definite thing that Bowles will be fired. That is what I keep reading. He probably won't make it through the season. I will pay you the $1,000 as soon as he gets fired. You wouldn't have to pay me the $5,000 until the new league year. But that wouldn't happen because he is getting fired. Everyone keeps saying it, so it must be true.

Well, I didn't mean it to be an unfair bet. $1000 for $1000. Or $200 for $200. You oick. I will mail you a check and I expect the same. Whoever wins will cash the check. Good?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Whoever is playing QB for Florida right now is dreadful

I was just going to post: News flash, the Gators don't have a QB for anyone to watch. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CotcheryifyouCan said:

why did they bench franks? zaire is terrible

No logical reason.  Coach Mac is an idiot 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CotcheryifyouCan said:

yea im no fan of mac. for being this offensive guru he hasnt put a decent offense out there since being hired

Yep. He's terrible.  3 years in, no QB, no offense, just a joke, year after year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Michigan QB throws the ball like its 600 pounds 

I'd take both over what the Gators trot out there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Its early, but darnold struggling.  3 of 7 for 22 yards.  USC down 14-7 to western michigan.

Tbf to him, there's at least 3 occasions where his receivers just dropped it. Not had a brilliant game by any stretch (including a pick just there) but he's not been helped by his offence. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Darnold 11 of 19 for 115 yards.  0 tds and 1 int.  I see a little windup in his throwing  motion.  Doesnt seem to have a quick released.

It is only a half of football and i am no qb expert, by i see nothing special about sam darnold.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Poor sequence there from Darnold. Overthrew an open receiver, then two dangerous throws, the second of which was tipped and intercepted. 11/19 1 Int. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Darnold just threw a pick. Looked like the receiver was covered, and the DB batted it. Not the strongest showing so far by any means.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tinstar said:

Darnold will play against a team he should dominate

You mean the team that finished 13-1 last year, and finished #15 in the final AP Rankings?  A team that would wipe the floor with Iowa, that team?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Darnold 11 of 19 for 115 yards.  0 tds and 1 int.  I see a little windup in his throwing  motion.  Doesnt seem to have a quick released.

It is only a half of football and i am no qb expert, by i see nothing special about sam darnold.

Where are you guys watching this from?  I can't find the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Darnold 11 of 19 for 115 yards.  0 tds and 1 int.  I see a little windup in his throwing  motion.  Doesnt seem to have a quick released.

It is only a half of football and i am no qb expert, by i see nothing special about sam darnold.

Because there is nothing special about him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lupz27 said:

Where are you guys watching this from?  I can't find the game.

Google myfeed2all, American football section, then find the game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JiF said:

Because there is nothing special about him. 

Lol, what they failed to mention is the 2 TD drives he lead that ended in rushing TD's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lupz27 said:

Lol, what they failed to mention is the 2 TD drives he lead that ended in rushing TD's.

That's fine.  He's still a mediocre prospect. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×