Favre: Please come back.

RoadFan

Since every single thread starter is ripping him, I will defend him. The man injured his shoulder in week 6 or 7. He gave EVERYTHING he had to help this team win down the stretch. Did he make some poor decisions and some lousy throws? Of course he did. However, he gives this team the best chance to win and his teammates play hard when he is in the huddle. He also threw some fabulous bullets that few others could complete. If any of you expect a better result with Ratliff or Clemens...you are out of your fn' mind. As for you Chad lovers, I have the utmost respect for #10. He was a great leader, an above average QB, and an underappreciated football player (similar to Jake Plummer, Jay Fielder, and Jeff Garcia). However, Chad will never win a championship. We all knew this and many of you have either forgotten or blocked it out. He threw a sure pick six, which was dropped by Eric Barton, just like he used to do in virtually every big game he played for our beloved Jets. Favre had no impact whatsoever on the defense when Jenkins hurt his hip and started to wear down. He also had nothing to do with the disappearance of Calvin Pace and company with regards to a pass rush. As for the "Penguin", well I have given up on him completely. I really hope Favre gives us another year with a healthy shoulder and a competent coaching staff.

F**k Favre. 22 picks in a year is an embarrassment and a disgrace. You can't play anymore, Brett Fraud. Go fish in Mississippi and count all the money you stole from Woody Johnson. That performance today was abysmal and, most especially, totally pathetic. A college QB doesn't make those horrendous--game killing--decisions and throws. Just awful, dude.

Farve cant win a SB. No reason to bring back the old man.

You're entitled to your opinion that he is washed up. My points are these: 1)IMO, he is not washed up but rather played 2/3 of the season with what appeared to be a really banged up shoulder. Which by the way was a result of the ridiculous shotgun empty-backfield offense the Jets were running which got him killed back there. 2) Those who prefer Clemens or Ratliff are most likely headed for a Browning Nagle type result.

You're entitled to your opinion that he is washed up. My points are these: 1)IMO, he is not washed up but rather played 2/3 of the season with what appeared to be a really banged up shoulder. Which by the way was a result of the ridiculous shotgun empty-backfield offense the Jets were running which got him killed back there. 2) Those who prefer Clemens or Ratliff are most likely headed for a Browning Nagle type result.

Diana Favre??? Is that you??

Despite the pain, no hard feelings for Brett. Thanks for the effort, buddy. It wasn't enough but then again, maybe if we had drafted you 20 years earlier...like we should have.

It is nice to see a Jet fan that can acknowledge someting positive even if his opinion is primarily negative. A truly rare occurrence.

I want Favre to come back, and let me explain why.

This situation was no different than Favre 2006. He was set to retire, and he changed his mind real late. He did not work out. He was out of shape, and he played terribly.

After the 2006 season, in 2007, the Pack sent down a trainer to Mississippi to work with Favre. They told him to work out, and make up his mind quick. He did, and he came back and played well.

2008 was 2006 all over again, even taken 1 step further.

I want Favre back, but he has until Feb 15 to tell me. After that, byebye. Gives me plenty of time to decide on FA QBs, or to draft one.

This situation was no different than Favre 2006. He was set to retire, and he changed his mind real late. He did not work out. He was out of shape, and he played terribly.

After the 2006 season, in 2007, the Pack sent down a trainer to Mississippi to work with Favre. They told him to work out, and make up his mind quick. He did, and he came back and played well.

I want Favre back, but he has until Feb 15 to tell me. After that, byebye. Gives me plenty of time to decide on FA QBs, or to draft one.

I agree with some of what you said... but more importantly... IMO, you are no longer the starter of the "infamous semi-pro" thread after this comment. I will no longer participate in the antagonisitic nature of that thread.

I agree with some of what you said... but more importantly... IMO, you are no longer the starter of the "infamous semi-pro" thread after this comment. I will no longer participate in the antagonisitic nature of that thread.

Your call. It doesn't upset me that people say stuff in that thread. :)

I agree 100%.

No arguement here.

Favre can still play, no question. Get a real coaching staff in here and bring him back.

No arguement here.

Favre can still play, no question. Get a real coaching staff in here and bring him back.

I am in agreement with a new coaching staff, but unless we bring the Big Show (Mike Holmgren) in here.. why would he want to learn another new offense?

I am in agreement with a new coaching staff, but unless we bring the Big Show (Mike Holmgren) in here.. why would he want to learn another new offense?

Unfortunately, that is true. He might want to play for Cowher, though.

Favre has zero respect for Mangini and Co., that's just beyond obvious. And really, why should he? No way he comes back if Mangini is still our coach.

Actually, I have no doubt that Favre has played for awhile either with a hurt shoulder, a tired arm, ... something. Nobody ages like that in the middle of a season. Those five weeks up to and including the Titans game, he was about as good as he ever was. You don't "lose it" in the middle of a given week in the season.

That being said, he should retire. He is not coming back any better at 40 years old. And the stupidity of his picks have been beyond belief. He either didn't care anymore or is even dumber than his rep.

I am not worried about QB. I think Ratliff will surprise. Coaching staff has to go.

Since every single thread starter is ripping him, I will defend him. The man injured his shoulder in week 6 or 7. He gave EVERYTHING he had to help this team win down the stretch. Did he make some poor decisions and some lousy throws? Of course he did. However, he gives this team the best chance to win and his teammates play hard when he is in the huddle. He also threw some fabulous bullets that few others could complete. If any of you expect a better result with Ratliff or Clemens...you are out of your fn' mind. As for you Chad lovers, I have the utmost respect for #10. He was a great leader, an above average QB, and an underappreciated football player (similar to Jake Plummer, Jay Fielder, and Jeff Garcia). However, Chad will never win a championship. We all knew this and many of you have either forgotten or blocked it out. He threw a sure pick six, which was dropped by Eric Barton, just like he used to do in virtually every big game he played for our beloved Jets. Favre had no impact whatsoever on the defense when Jenkins hurt his hip and started to wear down. He also had nothing to do with the disappearance of Calvin Pace and company with regards to a pass rush. As for the "Penguin", well I have given up on him completely. I really hope Favre gives us another year with a healthy shoulder and a competent coaching staff.

and i'm the town idiot. lol are you on glue?

I've seen great QB's legs go. I've seen their mobility reduced to nothing, but never have I seen a a "so called" legend. (INT king) revert to a rookie midway through a season.

Iblamed this retarded CS for everything, but what I have seen out of Favre the last five weeks cannot be blamed on coaching or any type of injury, I have seen a veteren "legend", turn into a bumbling rookie-like fool!

The last five weeks Brett Favre has been as bad as any QB I have ever seen play in this league in a five game stretch, including Ryan Leaf. He has flat out SUCKED!!!!!!!

I want him and the Mangini retard committee out of town by noon tomorrow and that includes Westhoff. Specials has been pathetic.

No arguement here.

Favre can still play??? are you nuts. I could put a highlight reel from the last five weks that will rival anything Ryan Leaf can put together!! He has been God awful! Horrid. Have you seen those 8 picks in the last five.

21 INT's. He can still play??? come on, man. Favre is absolutely finished. I've seen legs go, shoulders, but never a mind! Favre is a phenomenon, he needs a cat scan!!!!!

Favre can still play??? are you nuts. I could put a highlight reel from the last five weks that will rival anything Ryan Leaf can put together!! He has been God awful! Horrid. Have you seen those 8 picks in the last five.

21 INT's. He can still play??? come on, man. Favre is absolutely finished. I've seen legs go, shoulders, but never a mind! Favre is a phenomenon, he needs a cat scan!!!!!

Make that 22 INT's, maybe we can just get Bubby back...:bag:

No way. He is an INT machine and he was a bigger problem than the defense for the most part down the stretch. He is just over the hill now, and at his age injury problems aren't going to be less frequent they are going to be more frequent.

It's time to see what Clemens or Ratliff can do, or just draft another QB if there is one worth taking. Favre will not be a Jet again.

Archived