Dolphins trade for Thigpen

Bleedin Green

We did not trade up. The pick used on White was the one we got for trading Taylor. It was a wash.

Thanks, corrected it.

Still a horrible pick. The Fins needed legitimate playmakers on offense and on their 1st 3 picks they select 2 CBs and a gimmick player. Ridiculous.

Nicks or Britt would really help the Fins right now.

So they got the 3rd best QB on the Chiefs. Awesome.

My sister went to school with him/new him from parties and such and said he was the biggest A-Hole she ever met. He will fit in perfectly with Miami.

I think they may've gotten the Chiefs' best QB, your sister notwithstanding.

I think they may've gotten the Chiefs' best QB, your sister notwithstanding.

Agreed. I said it this offseason, I would absolutely take Thigpen over Cassel, which is why I was baffled that they would even want to trade for that complete nobody to begin with. And that's not even considering the excessively high amount of money that Cassel is getting over Thigpen. Say what you want, but as far as I'm concerned, last year Thigpen played better than Cassel and he wasn't the one throwing to Randy Moss or the one surrounded by a team coming off of an 18-1 season. Oh yeah, and he was coached by Herman freakin' Edwards.

Son of a bitch.

Dolphins trade for Tyler Thigpen for an undisclosed draft pick per ESPN Alerts. I'll look for a link to a story.

Damnit... he's a hell of a lot better than the other losers they have.

I think that the Dolphins are really going to benefit from this. Congrats Phins. I've always like Thigpen but thought he was in a bad situation. This one is much better. Lets see what he can do.

I think this new regime really F'd up down there and set this team way back. They brought in a very limited veteran that forced them to create a gimmick offense that caught teams by surprise. Make no mistake about it, the Wildcat was not the reason for their success last year, their D beat up an terrible schedule. Teams were having a really hard time scoring on them and their Wildcat was doing just enough to win games by eating clock and giving them a couple of TD/FG opps a game.

I think the Pennington move was great, from a Dolphins standpoint. Henne was no surprise pick at round 2 like Clemens was for us-there was even talk Henne might get taken in the first round. When Henne got to his rookie training camp he impressed, and the Dolphins seemed to decide they were lucky enough to get a first round quality pick in the second round, (whether this is true or not remains to be seen). So when a genuine starter near the end of his career became suddenly available, the Dolphins shipped out the meatball they had in camp and signed the veterean for a year with an option. If Pennington worked out well, he played two years while Henne got ready. If Pennington didn't play well, Henne starts right away. Really, it was a perfect match.

The one thing that doesn't make much sense is picking up Thigpen. He's a young QB like Henne, and two young QB's in camp is not a good idea. If Henne slumps, there will be pressure to put in Thigpen, and if Thigpen does at all well you have a QB controversy-just what you don't need.

If the Dolphins really believed in Henne as much as they seemed to, they should have picked up a veteran near the end of his career who would be no long term threat to Henne. Thigpen definitely might be.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RutgersJetFan

But crashingjet told me Henne would be the future when Chad was done.

Could he have possibly been wrong ? Nah.

did Sparano announce Thigpen as the starter? Didn't think so. The future is now, henne was drafted by the current regime, he is the "heir apparent" in Miami. Any dumbass can understand that. Now, if henne sucks, which he may or may not, then we have a solid backup other than a small rookie still learning to deal with the pros. Jesus, I can't believe I had to explain that to you.

Brady Quinn is a better pick than Pat White and Henne. They ****ed with his head in Cleveland and now he is with the QB killa, Mangini.

If he had gone to the Dolphins... different story.

Sometimes, the FANS are right.

BZ

But they got TED QUINN !!! Did you forget that ? :biggrin:

did Sparano announce Thigpen as the starter? Didn't think so. The future is now, henne was drafted by the current regime, he is the "heir apparent" in Miami. Any dumbass can understand that. Now, if henne sucks, which he may or may not, then we have a solid backup other than a small rookie still learning to deal with the pros. Jesus, I can't believe I had to explain that to you.

Looks pretty bleak from here. :Nuts:

The days are gone when we should be concerned about the Tyler Thigpen's of the world.

Glad to see the Coastal Carolina kid will get a shot to start somewhere. How long will it take for him to take the job from Henne?

+1.....the dolphins aren't a team we have to worry about in the near future.

Thanks, corrected it.

Still a horrible pick. The Fins needed legitimate playmakers on offense and on their 1st 3 picks they select 2 CBs and a gimmick player. Ridiculous.

Nicks or Britt would really help the Fins right now.

Both would be great on the Phins but neither was available with the 2nd round pick Miami used on White.

Look, if we're gonna beat up on their drafts (and it IS fun) you do have to recognize they picked up two good defensive players last year in Merling and Langford. Those guys look like players (and maybe the only 2 on that defense) and make last year's draft look decent even if Henne bombs.

Thigpen will start at one point this season, either because of Henne being inefficient or him being hurt. Mark it down. This was a fantastic move by Miami because they obviously realized the hard way White is an athelete not a pro QB

Agreed, it's just a case of when, not if. Henne sucks rod.

Archived