Movies We've Seen Thread

42 was good!

I really enjoyed it, but it left me wanting more, I wish they could have gone from '47-'55. :)

I would have watched it again as soon as it ended, they did a good job IMO, and I can't wait to own it.

It's hard to believe that hate ruled in so many hearts in this country for so long, sad really.

For me Hollywood is still good for recreating real events from the past, I especially enjoy the sports moments, they are my favorite films.

And yes Gato, I shed some tears, but I'm easy.

God Bless Jackie Robinson, Branch Rickey, and The Brooklyn Dodgers!!!

• Upvote 1

42 was good!

I really enjoyed it, but it left me wanting more, I wish they could have gone from '47-'55. :)

I would have watched it again as soon as it ended, they did a good job IMO, and I can't wait to own it.

It's hard to believe that hate ruled in so many hearts in this country for so long, sad really.

For me Hollywood is still good for recreating real events from the past, I especially enjoy the sports moments, they are my favorite films.

And yes Gato, I shed some tears, but I'm easy.

God Bless Jackie Robinson, Branch Rickey, and The Brooklyn Dodgers!!!

I can't wait to see this movie.

I hate serious JadedGreen.

There's no sports part of a sports movie that sucks.

Serious JadedGreen loves you.

My favorite sports movies are my favorites for the life's as well as the sports.

Miracle

The Rocket (Maurice Richard)

Eight Men Out

Raging Bull

Secretariat

Less serious me puts Slap Shot in there as well. :)

I'm gonna wait to see 42 on DVD, so I can fast forward it to the part where all of Jackie's once-racist teammates are high-fiving him after he makes The Big Play in The Big Game as coach Denzel Washington looks on in smug, knowing satisfaction, while the still-racist opponents look all mad and defeated.

I'm gonna wait to see 42 on DVD, so I can fast forward it to the part where all of Jackie's once-racist teammates are high-fiving him after he makes The Big Play in The Big Game as coach Denzel Washington looks on in smug, knowing satisfaction, while the still-racist opponents look all mad and defeated.

And when the Islanders come to Brooklyn...

Will you taint them too?

I think I'm the last dad in the country to take his kids to see the croods.  pretty funny.  good family flick.

and I just caught prometheus on HBO.  holy crap what a horrible movie.  total money grab.  they rushed the set up so badly you barely knew what was going on unless you read up on it, the acting was putrid except for shaw, the old dude makeup was community college quality and the logic gaps epic.    the geologist with the mapping thingys gets lost ?  really ? 

Edited by Larz

Saw Iron Man 3. Loved it. Might be the best of the trilogy. Shane Black threw away all the stupidity of IM2 and brought the franchise back to life, though he should give half his check to Joss Whedon for showing everyone how to make a comic book movie.

There is a 2013 docudrama on the Hallmark channel right now.

Mr. Hockey: The Gordie Howe Story, about when he came back to play in WHA with his 2 sons.

They formed the first Father son team ever.

It's pretty good so far, and will be added to the DVR collection. :)

It's on again tomorrow at 1:00 and 9:00 PM if anybody is interested.

It was great, I really enjoyed it.

Edited by JADEDGREEN

There is a 2013 docudrama on the Hallmark channel right now.

Mr. Hockey: The Gordie Howe Story, about when he came back to play in WHA with his 2 sons.

They formed the first Father son team ever.

It's pretty good so far, and will be added to the DVR collection. :)

It's on again tomorrow at 1:00 and 9:00 PM if anybody is interested.

It was great, I really enjoyed it.

By the time of the merger when Howe was with the Whalers, Howe was really, really old. Basically he was allowed to slash, hold and trip because he couldn't keep up and he was Gordie Howe. The reality is a little less than a Hallmark movie. Picture Willie Mays with the Mets.

I think I'm the last dad in the country to take his kids to see the croods.  pretty funny.  good family flick.

and I just caught prometheus on HBO.  holy crap what a horrible movie.  total money grab.  they rushed the set up so badly you barely knew what was going on unless you read up on it, the acting was putrid except for shaw, the old dude makeup was community college quality and the logic gaps epic.    the geologist with the mapping thingys gets lost ?  really ? 

I wish RJF was here to explain to you that blah blah it set up Alien and blah blah blah.  Personally it reminded of the knock off movies the Wayans brothers make.  Every Alien movie gimick packed into a crap movie. 

By the time of the merger when Howe was with the Whalers, Howe was really, really old. Basically he was allowed to slash, hold and trip because he couldn't keep up and he was Gordie Howe. The reality is a little less than a Hallmark movie. Picture Willie Mays with the Mets.

This was basically about his first year with the Aeros, he lead the league in points that year up till the last week, when he was hurt and someone passed him.

Bobby Hull was on the Jets, and he was 33. Gordie was 45, and 46 by the end of that year, and they won the championship.

I know what you are saying Bugg, but this was nicely done, for a docudrama.

• 3 weeks later...

I wish RJF was here to explain to you that blah blah it set up Alien and blah blah blah.  Personally it reminded of the knock off movies the Wayans brothers make.  Every Alien movie gimick packed into a crap movie. 

I miss RJF too 

just saw star trek, totally loved it.  good laughs, great action, lots of eye candy and some great references to the tv show

they open up a can of worms with a couple things, but it is set up for at least 3 more movies

star wars 7 will be nerdgastic if this movie is an indication of abrams' ability

I miss RJF too 

just saw star trek, totally loved it.  good laughs, great action, lots of eye candy and some great references to the tv show

they open up a can of worms with a couple things, but it is set up for at least 3 more movies

star wars 7 will be nerdgastic if this movie is an indication of abrams' ability

Hear nothing but good things. The boys went and they thought it was "epic."

• 3 weeks later...

Just saw This Is The End, expecting to hate it because I thought it'd be just like that horrendous Grown-Ups abortion, but I loved it. Nobody takes themselves too seriously, and they all work to sell each joke, unlike Grown-Ups (wherein they expected you to laugh just because it was Sandler and Rock, etc). The central plot line gets irritating and forced, but it's just a vehicle to get from gag to gag. I highly recommend this. It'll make you like James Franco and Seth Rogen again. Some great cameos, too.

Saw Iron Man 3. Loved it. Might be the best of the trilogy. Shane Black threw away all the stupidity of IM2 and brought the franchise back to life, though he should give half his check to Joss Whedon for showing everyone how to make a comic book movie.

I saw this when it came out too.  I thought your post was sarcastic at first. I wasn't a big fan.  Nothing wrong with it in the sense that it was an Iron Man movie and entertaining, but I know I liked the first one better. A few things that I think were a bad idea to add that sort of reduce the point of Iron Man IMO. 

I saw this when it came out too. I thought your post was sarcastic at first. I wasn't a big fan. Nothing wrong with it in the sense that it was an Iron Man movie and entertaining, but I know I liked the first one better. A few things that I think were a bad idea to add that sort of reduce the point of Iron Man IMO.

A lot of people familiar with the Iron Man comic really hated IM3. I guess I liked it because it was more accessible to the non-IM people (like myself).

A lot of people familiar with the Iron Man comic really hated IM3. I guess I liked it because it was more accessible to the non-IM people (like myself).

I have not read or seen an Iron Man comic since 1979.  You're welcome to like it.  It was still a big action movie and entertaining.  Robert Downey Jr seems fun.  I found some of the suit stuff detracted from Iron MAN being any big deal.  Just a personal opinion, but I know a few people that said the same.