Movies We've Seen Thread

I have been a big fan of the Fast and the Furious movies. Watched most of the movies multiple time. Just appeals to me. Even the 2nd and 3rd installment of the movie. Which did not gain as much traction commercially.

But the latest one was the worst movie of all time. I thought the ending of the 6th started the decline and this just took that decline to whole new depth. Coincidentally it was the most commercially successful one. Go figure!

If you are a genuine fan of science fiction you should go see Ex Machina in the theater. It's important that movies like this get box office support rather than waiting for them to hit Netflix or HBO. It's a film that does a whole lot right and it's Alex Garland's first venture in the director's chair despite being one of the most underrated players in Hollywood for a while. He's the guy that's responsible for Dredd being so awesome, he wrote 28 Days Later and Sunshine...and now this. One hell of a track record of making very ambitious science fiction that asks big questions, which is exactly what the genre is supposed to do.

tl;dr go see Ex Machina.

Watched Don Jon. I can't believe that JGL got to feel ScarJo's boobs. Lucky ****er.

It's kept under wraps but the movie is basically a biographical doc based on myself. Funny thing is that Johansson was the actual girl, they made her change the name for the documentary. I figure it's a security thing.

Leaked trailer for Batman v Superman  below, can't embedd cause I can't find on youtube.

In any event, how could a film be about Superman and Batman fighting? Wouldn't Superman kill him easily? Is there a comic book mechanic I'm missing somewhere?

http://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/full-batman-superman-dawn-justice-trailer-leaks-absolutely-epic/

I'm gonna skip this one.  just dumb

Leaked trailer for Batman v Superman below, can't embedd cause I can't find on youtube.

In any event, how could a film be about Superman and Batman fighting? Wouldn't Superman kill him easily? Is there a comic book mechanic I'm missing somewhere?

http://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/full-batman-superman-dawn-justice-trailer-leaks-absolutely-epic/

They've fought in the comics multiple times. That fight scene is straight out of Dark Knight Returns and is one of the most famous comic sequences ever.

Batman never loses to anyone with super powers. When the Justice League eventually gets together he keeps files on all of them on how to beat each one in the event that they get out of line. Kind of why he's always stayed on the outside of it all. He tries not to get too close but has a ton of respect for Superman. But that takes a long time to develop between the two.

Saw "Top Five" last night.  I'm shocked it got any positive reviews.  

Yeah, there were a couple of funny scenes/lines.  But overall, I thought it was a POS.

Rock's script was amateurish at best (lots of long, trite, wordy, meandering scenes), and desperately in need of a re-write/editing.  His direction was clumsy and Rosario Dawson phoned in the role.  Either that, or she forgot how to act.

Saw "Top Five" last night. I'm shocked it got any positive reviews.

Yeah, there were a couple of funny scenes/lines. But overall, I thought it was a POS.

Rock's script was amateurish at best (lots of long, trite, wordy, meandering scenes), and desperately in need of a re-write/editing. His direction was clumsy and Rosario Dawson phoned in the role. Either that, or she forgot how to act.

I thought it was ok. It's an indie comedy

I get that. Just the praise heaped on the flick, and Chris Rock, had me expecting a lot more. I'm a huge fan of Rock's standup, so maybe I wanted the movie to be up to that high standard.

Yeah if you're expecting groundhogs day or caddy shack level of comedy your not going to get it. Top 5 has it's moments but it's just an indie flick about Rock's life

• Upvote 1

Let the chick pick a movie last night.  She chose Cut Bank because Bill Bob and Malkovich were in it.  I was interested at the way they set up the movie in the first 10 minutes.  And then it just went to pure sh*t.  Literally one of those movies you're laughing at half way through it.

So yeah, check it out.