Namath "These guys aren't as smart as they think they are"

flgreen

Namath jabs Jets again: “These guys aren’t as smart as they think”

Posted by Michael David Smith on October 14, 2011, 2:04 PM EDT

Joe Namath AP

Joe Namath’s campaign of criticism against the Jets doesn’t appear to be ending any time soon.

Namath, who hasn’t missed any opportunities to go after the Jets during their current three-game losing streak, has blasted the team once again.

“These guys aren’t as smart as they think they are,” Namath said on ESPN 1050 in New York.

“They’re making too many penalties; they’re busting too many assignments. They just haven’t been focused the way you need to focus to win consistently in the league.”

After previously saying coach Rex Ryan has the Jets thinking they’re better than they are, Namath has now added that Ryan is too nice to his players.

“Rex is Mr. Good Guy to these guys. He has been. He’s been talking about how good they are all the time. He’s doing everything to win their favor. He bends over backwards for the guys to be on their side,” Namath said. “It might work in the long run, I don’t know. I just think he’s been too darn nice to this team.”

Namath also said that even when the Jets won in Week One against the Cowboys, it was more a matter of the Cowboys’ mistakes than anything the Jets did.

“We’ve lost three in a row,” Namath said, “and if it wasn’t for Tony Romo it may be a 1-4 record.”

“Rex is Mr. Good Guy to these guys. He has been. He’s been talking about how good they are all the time. He’s doing everything to win their favor. He bends over backwards for the guys to be on their side,” Namath said. “It might work in the long run, I don’t know. I just think he’s been too darn nice to this team.”

Right Joe, thats why they just traded away Mason. :rolleyes:

I seriously think Joe is happy when the Jets struggle, because it makes him and his contribution to the team that much more noticeable.

Namath is full of sh*t. Again, he's just randomly spewing nonsense. He doesn't work with the team. He doesn't prepare, he isn't in the locker room when Rex reams people out. Does he seriously think Rex doesn't care when they lose and doesn't yell at people who make dumb mistakes? Just because Rex won't publicly throw his guys under the bus? Joe's an idiot, and probably drunk when he said it. And some of you agree with this statement? L O ******* L. We've seen Rex get heated several times this season. You really honestly think he doesn't hold people accountable for their mistakes? Look what happened to Mason.

“We’ve lost three in a row,” Namath said, “and if it wasn’t for Tony Romo it may be a 1-4 record.”

Does Namath post on this site? I know I've heard that played out argument back all over the place. If it wasn't for a Cromartie mistake we'd be 3-2. If it wasn't for Plax grabbing someone's facemask during a catch we'd probably be 3-2. If it weren't for drops we'd be 3-2. If Mark didn't throw any picks we'd be 3-2 maybe 4-1. Stop using that stupid a$$ "if it weren't for Romo" argument as if nobody else makes mistakes in the league, including the Jets. No it's all because of Romo, even though he played a very good game overall. It's like how that tool Chris Collinsworth was running his mouth during the Baltimore game bashing the Jets. "See, it's like I said, Baltimore has to make mistakes for the Jets to even get close". What a moron. The Jets made the very same mistakes to give BALTIMORE at least 21 points and the win. People have very limited mental capabilities, and tunnel vision when it comes to the Jets, but on other teams, it's because they gave us the game. That win had nothing to do with Sanchez going 335 yards and 2 TDs. Nothing to do with Devito forcing the fumble. Nothing to do with Pool disguising his coverage to force a tough throw into double coverage. Nothing to do with Dustin Keller's TD and 61 yards, or Burress with 71 yards plus a TD, or certainly not LTs big plays. Let's pretend none of that happened. It was all because Romo threw a pick that led to 3 points. SHUT THE **** UP NAMATH YOU ******* NEGATIVE NANCY PIECE OF sh*t.

And yes, you blind Namath supporters / negative nancies "They aren't as smart as they think they are" IS a jab and an insult. Why not some constructive criticism instead of constant hate?

Namath is full of sh*t. Again, he's just randomly spewing nonsense. He doesn't work with the team. He doesn't prepare, he isn't in the locker room when Rex reams people out. Does he seriously think Rex doesn't care when they lose and doesn't yell at people who make dumb mistakes?

Does Namath post on this site? I know I've heard that played out argument back all over the place. If it wasn't for a Cromartie mistake we'd be 3-2. If it wasn't for Plax grabbing someone's facemask during a catch we'd probably be 3-2. If it weren't for drops we'd be 3-2. If Mark didn't throw any picks we'd be 3-2 maybe 4-1. Stop using that stupid a$$ "if it weren't for Romo" argument as if nobody else makes mistakes in the league, including the Jets. No it's all because of Romo, even though he played a very good game overall. It's like how that tool Chris Collinsworth was running his mouth during the Baltimore game bashing the Jets. "See, it's like I said, Baltimore has to make mistakes for the Jets to even get close". What a moron. The Jets made the very same mistakes to give BALTIMORE at least 21 points and the win. People have very limited mental capabilities, and tunnel vision when it comes to the Jets, but on other teams, it's because they gave us the game. That win had nothing to do with Sanchez going 335 yards and 2 TDs. Nothing to do with Devito forcing the fumble. Nothing to do with Pool disguising his coverage to force a tough throw into double coverage. Nothing to do with Dustin Keller's TD and 61 yards, or Burress with 71 yards plus a TD. Let's pretend none of that happened. It was all because Romo threw a pick that led to 3 points. SHUT THE **** UP NAMATH YOU ******* NEGATIVE NANCY PIECE OF sh*t.

I guess if he posts here, then the last sentence would be a personal attack, no?

I can't tell you how much I appreciate the irony of a completely face-less nobody spending 2-3 paragraphs on an internet message board telling a frail old man to shut up because his opinion is meaningless... hahahaa... what a disgrace.

I guess if he posts here, then the last sentence would be a personal attack, no?

I can't tell you how much I appreciate the irony of a completely face-less nobody spending 2-3 paragraphs on an internet message board telling a frail old man to shut up because his opinion is meaningless... hahahaa... what a disgrace.

I'm a writer. Writing a paragraph for me is probably like writing 1 sentence for you. It ain't no thang. It seems to affect you, however. Interesting.

I'm a writer. Writing a paragraph for me is probably like writing 1 sentence for you. It ain't no thang. It seems to affect you, however. Interesting.

Haha... you'd think a writer would have been able to read my 2 sentence response and take more from it than just "you used a lot of words to make a simple point".

Namath has a weekly radio spot where he is asked about the Jets. He has to say something and when the team is losing it will not be nice stuff. Anyone who questions the 1-4 comment or the penalties one as well has not been watching the games.

It may be time to understand that this team was/is overated based on some brakes to make the last two post seasons.

Namath has a weekly radio spot where he is asked about the Jets. He has to say something and when the team is losing it will not be nice stuff. Anyone who questions the 1-4 comment or the penalties one as well has not been watching the games.

It may be time to understand that this team was/is overated based on some brakes to make the last two post seasons.

And this.

I completely agree. I just don't see the big deal here.

Thanks man. I think mostly the big deal is interwebz tough guys that like to yell STFU via capital letters to an frail old man, who is doing what frail old men do... cutting to the chase, no time to beat around the bush.

Anyone who questions the 1-4 comment or the penalties one as well has not been watching the games.

Anyone who supports the 1-4 comment has not been watching the games. I broke it down in detail above already, even though many people here don't have the attention span to read more than 2 sentences. People act like Romo placed the ball on the ground and let the Jets pick it up. It was a nice strip by Devito when we needed it most. Give credit where credit's due. That's the problem with you negative nancy types. You can't accept the fact that the better team won and only look for excuses. When the Patriots or Lions make a comeback and win it's pure skill, but when the Jets do it, they got lucky as hell and only won because "XXXX gave us the game". Please stop that.

Thanks man. I think mostly the big deal is interwebz tough guys that like to yell STFU via capital letters to an frail old man, who is doing what frail old men do... cutting to the chase, no time to beat around the bush.

Mostly the big deal is interwebz tough guys that like to negatively talk about our team and backup up former players that say the same redundant nonsense.

Pucker up and kiss that booty. I guess you couldn't just let it go. I'll say whatever I please about Namath, I'm sorry that it hurts your feelings enough to bring this up TWICE now LOL. The bulk of my post was addressing the 1-4 Romo claim, which is beyond absurd. But yeah I'll say it again, just to make you mad. Joe Namath can suck a fat ****. He hasn't been relevant since the 60s. He can die in a fire for all I care.

Namath is not just a former player, not just a former Hall of Famer, but also a former sports commentator.

So when he gets on the radio and says his honest opinion about his former team, he's just doing what he was paid to do for many years-giving the listener his honest judgment.

His judgments are relatively mild. I'm having a hard time understanding what everyone is up in arms about.

Archived