The "Dream Team" loses again.

Jetsfan80

The Eagles are just not that good at all and just as I've been saying since the preseason, people bought WAAAAY too much into a half a season of Vick looking like a QB for the first time in his career last year. He's still the same player he always was, will give you some nice highlights and will be able to take advantage of certain defenses, but is completely incapable of standing in the pocket and playing the QB position. The best part is that in the football pool I'm in, I was the only person in the entire league who picked the Bears over the Eagles, and it got me the win for this week.

While I still think the Giants are seriously overrated (although at least they finally faced a legit opponent this week, and even actually won), the NFCE is so awful this year that they'd have to lose just about every game from here on out not to take that division.

I wish we drafted him.

I was a big fan of him as a prospect too, but D'Brick was the wise pick. Plus there were like 5-6 players in that draft that would have been a good pick if the Jets had a ready built roster back then.

Joe Haden as the #2 CB in football? I'm intrigued. He was pretty nasty last year, but yeah I haven't paid much attention to football this year.

I was a big fan of him as a prospect too, but D'Brick was the wise pick. Plus there were like 5-6 players in that draft that would have been a good pick if the Jets had a ready built roster back then.

Joe Haden as the #2 CB in football? I'm intrigued. He was pretty nasty last year, but yeah I haven't paid much attention to football this year.

He has missed a few games this year I think, but from what I have seen he is one tough SOB to beat in man to man coverage when healthy, to bad he is stuck in that sh*t hole Cleveland.

While I still think the Giants are seriously overrated (although at least they finally faced a legit opponent this week, and even actually won), the NFCE is so awful this year that they'd have to lose just about every game from here on out not to take that division.

With the exception of a late Dec Redskins matchup - they have tough games here on out - they could lose 5-6 out of their last 8

He has missed a few games this year I think, but from what I have seen he is one tough SOB to beat in man to man coverage when healthy, to bad he is stuck in that sh*t hole Cleveland.

Haden looked great in the limited time I saw him, but I am always reluctant to annoint guys playing pass D on a sh*tty team. The Browns suck they are usually getting smacked around and even when they aren't they are in these 6-3 shootouts that mean that teams aren't looking to light them up through the air. I think that is a big problem with Belichick's new D. They can't stop people because everybody is throwing it up there and they have no aura of invincibility. The Jets are the opposite and that's why I think they run and play close to the vest on O.

Haden looked great in the limited time I saw him, but I am always reluctant to annoint guys playing pass D on a sh*tty team. The Browns suck they are usually getting smacked around and even when they aren't they are in these 6-3 shootouts that mean that teams aren't looking to light them up through the air. I think that is a big problem with Belichick's new D. They can't stop people because everybody is throwing it up there and they have no aura of invincibility. The Jets are the opposite and that's why I think they run and play close to the vest on O.

This is one of the big reasons I was wary of Nnamdi in the first place.

With the exception of a late Dec Redskins matchup - they have tough games here on out - they could lose 5-6 out of their last 8

Interesting, while the Skins' do not look good. I am trying to remember the last time the Jets beat the Skins. I am thinking, it must have been in the 1990's. They have not beat them since I moved to DC and I moved to DC in 2000. So I do not want that game to be a let down game for the Jets and they lose to an inferior team.

Interesting, while the Skins' do not look good. I am trying to remember the last time the Jets beat the Skins. I am thinking, it must have been in the 1990's. They have not beat them since I moved to DC and I moved to DC in 2000. So I do not want that game to be a let down game for the Jets and they lose to an inferior team.

Surprisingly I don't even remember this scintillating matchup.

http://scores.espn.g...ameId=230904028

Edit- Nm, this was the Thursday night opener. We sucked.

ok - the Gints won't lose to them and and neither will the Jets.

Well when was the last time the Jets were even somewhat decent when playing the Skins? 2003 and 2007 were the only times they've played them since 2000, and the Jets were awful both years and starting a backup QB in both games as well. I still actually remember that 2007 game because I actually thought Clemens had a real future for this team after that, easily his best game as a pro. He would've won it too if not for like drops galore on the final drive and in OT, and a horridly awful run D. Their offense will be able to do nothing against this D this year, they're one of the least of my concerns for the remainder of this season.

Giants are good. Probably the best pass rush in the league and Eli is having a fantastic season.

While I'll admit Eli is having a good season, he's also pretty much just a rich man's Mark Sanchez at this point. That offense does NOTHING early in games, despite playing mostly god awfully bad defenses all year long. And while the pass rush is certainly impressive, beyond those two things it's an extremely JAGy team. Again, just look at the teams they've played, up until this past Sunday it was pretty much just a list of every one of the worst teams in the NFL. I'm far from convinced. Like I said, I still think they take their division, but I don't think they stand a chance against any other NFC playoff team not from the NFC West (and I'm not even sure how they'll fare against San Fran).

While I'll admit Eli is having a good season, he's also pretty much just a rich man's Mark Sanchez at this point. That offense does NOTHING early in games, despite playing mostly god awfully bad defenses all year long. And while the pass rush is certainly impressive, beyond those two things it's an extremely JAGy team. Again, just look at the teams they've played, up until this past Sunday it was pretty much just a list of every one of the worst teams in the NFL. I'm far from convinced. Like I said, I still think they take their division, but I don't think they stand a chance against any other NFC playoff team not from the NFC West (and I'm not even sure how they'll fare against San Fran).

Eli will get some MVP votes this season if he continues like this. Calling him a rich mans Sanchez is a bit of a slap. Eli is a great QB and has entered the top 5.

Eli will get some MVP votes this season if he continues like this. Calling him a rich mans Sanchez is a bit of a slap. Eli is a great QB and has entered the top 5.

I get what you're saying, but my point is that on the Giant's schedule for the season to date, they've played the Redskins, Rams, Eagles, Cardinals, Seahawks, Bills, Dolphins and Pats.

They've lost to two awful teams in the Redskins and Seahawks. They've beat four awful teams in the Rams, Eagles, Cardinals, and Dolphins. The Rams were without their best player (Jackson), the Eagles only lost after Vick was knocked out of the game and the officials handed the Giants the victory over the Cards. Beyond that they beat one decent team in the Bills and one pretty good team in the Pats. While I'll give them plenty of credit for beating the Pats on the road, there's little else to be impressed about in this, and the Jets would be crucified if they lost to just one of the Redskins or Seahawks, nevermind both. Not to mention, their early failures in games constantly put them behind in not only their losses, but games they barely managed to scramble to win (Eagles, Cardinals, Pats and even the freakin' Dolphins). That's exactly the point of the comparison, he's had a lot of great play down the stretch in games this season, but let's not pretend that isn't at least in part due to a failure to get the job done earlier on. I'm a little more convinced about them after Sunday than I was before it, but it's going to take more than just one game to make me think they're anything but the best in a bad division picking on the bottom-feeders of the NFL.

Eli is having a great year, but I agree with BG on the schedule thing. Plus, the Giants ALWAYS start at least 5-2 under Coughlin. You can't take them seriously in the first half of the year because there is always a 2nd half collapse. They even had it in their 2007 championship year.

The way things are shaking out, 9-7 will likely win the division. I think the Giants end up 9-7 and win the division.

I actually think a healthy Joe Haden is the #2 CB in the league.

The kids is a baller. He was one of the few college players that truly took out the opposing teams best WR. Knew this kid would be truth in the NFL.

Nmadi might be the most overrated player I've ever seen. The Eagles have been on prime time enough to watch and really gauage this guys talent level - and its not all that. He's an above average corner who's not even the best corner on this own team.

Archived