Pats release albert Haynesworth

Matt39

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

R O F L R O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F L R O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F L R O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F L R O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F L R O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F L R O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F L R O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F L R O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F L R O F LR O F L R O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F L R O F LR O F L R O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F L R O F LR O F LR O F LR O F L R O F LR O F LR O F L R O F LR O F L R O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F L R O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F L R O F LR O F L R O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F L R O F LR O F LR O F L R O F LR O F LR O F L R O F LR O F L R O F LR O F L R O F LR O F LR O F LR O F L R O F LR O F L R O F LR O F LR O F L R O F LR O F LR O F LR O F L R O F LR O F LR O F LR O F L R O F LR O F L R O F LR O F LR O F L R O F LR O F LR O F L R O F LR O F LR O F L R O F LR O F LR O F L R O F LR O F L R O F LR O F LR O F L R O F L R O F L R O F LR O F LR O F LR O F L

Will Rex make a personal call?

No way. Besides not fitting the scheme...Rex doesnt seem to really target big name DLmen. Mo Wilk is the only 1st round pick out of the entire DL rotation. He loves those chip on the shoulders UDFA types that he can mold and will run through a wall for him. Fat Albert wouldnt even run through a cake for him.

Remember when the media was talking about the Ocho Cinco and Haynesworth moves were "genius"? LOL

Flash back just 2-3 weeks ago, when ESPN Boston was writing reports like THIS about Haynesworth. LOL!

Its comical at this point. The media is a complete and utter joke. Its like they literally have no clue what his happening out there.

No way. Besides not fitting the scheme...Rex doesnt seem to really target big name DLmen. Mo Wilk is the only 1st round pick out of the entire DL rotation. He loves those chip on the shoulders UDFA types that he can mold and will run through a wall for him. Fat Albert wouldnt even run through a cake for him.

I seriously don't think there's a single DL on this team who he'd take Haynesworth over regardless of other circumstances. Rex loves these guys and they've been having a great year from pretty much top to bottom.

ESPN is basically a New England/Boston rag.

Its disgusting.

I seriously don't think there's a single DL on this team who he'd take Haynesworth over regardless of other circumstances. Rex loves these guys and they've been having a great year from pretty much top to bottom.

Oh I agree. He's fat rich and happy. Football is not a concern of his anymore. He's done.

Guys are out of their minds advocating for the Jets to sign Fat Albert. Seriously? Like JiF mentioned, he's made his cash and is done with football.

Every DLineman in the Jets rotation has played better than Fat Albert this year.

This is hilarious!

http://www.patspulpit.com/2011/10/25/2506739/film-study-albert-haynesworth-showing-signs-of-life

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post/_/id/28788/redskins-trade-haynesworth-to-patriots

http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/football/patriots/christopher-price/2011/11/03/measuring-impact-albert-haynesworth-pat

the greatest coach in nfl just did it again....haynesworth will be beast....man do i love belichick,brady, and my PATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It does suck to waste all that money on him get 0 production then ship him off for a 5th in 2 years!

Hate to say it but I feel like Fat Al is going to thrive in that system. They have 0 pass rushers they'll probably line him up at DE and have him strictly rusher the passer and have that LB take on the running responsibilities.

Good to get rid of him though so no more stupid gossip, and the real only positive of the trade is opening up 5 million more of cap room to get some o-line hopefully.

3 fans like this.

Guys are out of their minds advocating for the Jets to sign Fat Albert. Seriously? Like JiF mentioned, he's made his cash and is done with football.

Every DLineman in the Jets rotation has played better than Fat Albert this year.

QFT, Jets should stay away.

Seriously, who the hell would you cut from the Jets for this lump of sh*t?

Just because Haynesworth did nothing with the Patriots, doesn't mean that he wouldn't become a strong addition to the Jets. The Patriots have one of the worst defensive football team around, with some of the worst roster talent I've seen in quite some time. If anyone can motivate and rejuvenate the career of Haynesworth, it's Rex Ryan himself; Rex has always been excellent in regards to getting the most out of his defensive lineman. Surround Haynesworth with true talent such as Revis, Cromartie, Wilson, Pace, Harris, Scott, Wilkerson, Pouha, DeVito etc, etc, and watch this 6'6", 350 pound man in Haynesworth, who's only 30 years of age, Flourish under Rex Ryan's defensive scheme. Would he become the next Kris Jenkins of 2008 for us? Maybe not, but this could become a low risk-high reward type of situation. Only 3 years ago, this man put up 51 tackles, 8.5 sacks and 3 forced fumbles with the Titans. There is no doubt about it, surround Haynesworth with NY Jets type of defensive talent, and watch him improve our run defense in more ways than one.

Lol @ me thinking this was a smart move at the time they made it.

I wonder wtf direction that franchise is headed...Their OL is going to be awesome...and I'm a big fan of Mallett, even if he is somewhat of a plodder...Gronkowski and Hernandez are obviously there to stay...they'll plug and play RBs....WRs too?...They're set at K and P probably...Wilfork might end up a HOF...McCourty and Chung are DBs who can play...after that...

From the linked article:

A. Steve, I have noticed the same with Haynesworth, particularly Sunday against the Cowboys. Here are the results of 28 plays when Haynesworth was on the field:

• Passes -- 9-of-14 for 103 yards, 1 TD, 2 sacks

• Rushes -- 12 for 48 yards, two holding penalties

Overall, I'd say that's solid. You rewatch the game and see him drawing multiple blockers, which had a trickle-down effect to help other defenders. If Haynesworth keeps improving and stays healthy, he could be a difference-maker.

It's just comical. Those passer numbers work out to a 110 passer rating. Four yards a rush is nothing to write home about, either.

Solid? Lol!

Archived