Here's The Roster, Who Do You Want To Keep?

SoFlaJets

42 Alexander, Gerald S 6-2 209 27 5 Boise State 45 Baker, Josh FB/TE 6-3 244 25 R Northwest Missouri State 54 Bellore, Nick LB 6-1 250 22 R Central Michigan 8 Brunell, Mark QB 6-1 215 41 19 Washington 17 Burress, Plaxico WR 6-5 232 34 10 Michigan State 34 Cole, Marquice CB 5-10 192 28 3 Northwestern 4 Conley, T.J. P 6-3 220 26 1 Idaho 38 Conner, John FB 5-11 245 24 2 Kentucky 31 Cromartie, Antonio CB 6-2 210 27 6 Florida State 70 DeVito, Mike DE 6-3 305 27 5 Maine 94 Dixon, Marcus DT 6-4 295 27 2 Hampton 62 Ducasse, Vladimir OL 6-5 325 24 2 Massachusetts 93 Ellis, Kenrick DT 6-5 330 24 R Hampton 60 Ferguson, D'Brickashaw T 6-6 310 28 6 Virginia 2 Folk, Nick K 6-1 222 27 5 Arizona 23 Greene, Shonn RB 5-11 226 26 3 Iowa 52 Harris, David LB 6-2 250 27 5 Michigan 10 Holmes, Santonio WR 5-11 192 27 6 Ohio State 77 Howard, Austin T 6-7 333 24 2 Northern Iowa 78 Hunter, Wayne T 6-5 318 30 8 Hawaii 81 Keller, Dustin TE 6-2 250 27 4 Purdue 11 Kerley, Jeremy WR 5-9 188 23 R Texas Christian 26 Lankster, Ellis CB 5-9 190 24 2 West Virginia 74 Mangold, Nick C 6-4 307 27 6 Ohio State 53 Mauga, Josh LB 6-1 245 24 2 Nevada 51 Maybin, Aaron LB 6-4 240 23 3 Penn State 50 McIntyre, Garrett LB 6-3 255 27 1 Fresno State 25 McKnight, Joe RB 5-11 205 23 2 Southern California 65 Moore, Brandon G 6-3 305 31 9 Illinois 82 Mulligan, Matthew TE 6-4 265 26 3 Maine 7 O'Connell, Kevin QB 6-5 225 26 4 San Diego State 97 Pace, Calvin LB 6-4 265 31 9 Wake Forest 79 Pitoitua, Ropati DE 6-8 315 26 3 Washington State 22 Pool, Brodney S 6-2 214 27 6 Oklahoma 91 Pouha, Sione DT 6-3 325 32 7 Utah 29 Powell, Bilal RB 5-10 204 23 R Louisville 46 Purdum, Tanner LS 6-3 270 27 2 Baker 24 Revis, Darrelle CB 5-11 198 26 5 Pittsburgh 19 Riley, Eron WR 6-3 207 24 1 Duke 6 Sanchez, Mark QB 6-2 225 25 3 Southern California 72 Schlauderaff, Caleb G 6-4 302 24 R Utah 57 Scott, Bart LB 6-2 242 31 10 Southern Illinois 68 Slauson, Matt G 6-5 315 25 3 Nebraska 33 Smith, Eric S 6-1 207 28 6 Michigan State 30 Strickland, Donald CB 5-10 185 31 8 Colorado 95 Tevaseu, Martin DT 6-2 325 24 1 Nevada-Las Vegas 21 Tomlinson, LaDainian RB 5-10 215 32 11 Texas Christian 35 Trufant, Isaiah CB 5-8 170 29 1 Eastern Washington 88 Turner, Patrick WR 6-5 220 24 3 Southern California 55 Westerman, Jamaal LB 6-3 255 26 3 Rutgers 96 Wilkerson, Muhammad DL 6-4 315 22 R Temple 20 Wilson, Kyle CB 5-10 190 24 2 Boise State 37 Wilson, Tracy S 6-2 203 22 R Northern Illinois

Practice Squad

# Name Pos. Ht. Wt. Age Exp. College 84 Campbell, Michael WR 6-2 205 22 R Temple 71 Gilbert, Jarron DT 6-5 285 25 3 San Jose State 89 Jackson, Dexter WR 5-9 182 25 2 Appalachian State 66 Kroul, Matt OL 6-3 300 25 2 Iowa 76 Landolt, Dennis T 6-4 306 25 1 Penn State 43 LeGree, Mark DB 6-0 211 22 R Appalachian State 32 Posey, Julian CB 5-11 187 23 R Ohio 92 Sapp, Ricky LB 6-4 252 25 2 Clemson

Injured Reserve

# Name Pos. Ht. Wt. Age Exp. College 64 Boggs, Taylor C 6-3 285 24 R Humboldt State 86 Cumberland, Jeff TE 6-4 260 24 2 Illinois 36 Leonhard, Jim S 5-8 188 29 7 Wisconsin 14 McElroy, Greg QB 6-2 220 23 R Alabama 18 Payne, Logan WR 6-2 205 26 2 Minnesota 58 Thomas, Bryan OLB 6-4 260 32 10 Alabama-Birmingham 75 Turner, Robert OL 6-4 308 27 4 New Mexico

Practice Squad/Injured

# Name Pos. Ht. Wt. Age Exp. College 15 McKnight, Scotty WR 5-11 182 23 R Colorado 85 Simmons, Jamarko TE 6-2 240 25 1 Western Michigan

Like T0mbot, I think the roster is fine. These guys execute their asses off on Thursday/Saturday/Sunday. Their problem is that their coaches ask and teach them to execute the wrong thing (and often in the wrong way). For instances, our WRs are experts at not getting super wide open, and it's because that's what they've been coached to do since they became Jets (which has to be close to the beginning of their football lives). Our QB likes to throw into double and triple coverage inaccurately because the coaches let him take too many risks. At the same time, they are too conservative, and do not open it up. Until these problems are fixed, the last thing they should be worried about is bringing in more talent for the coaches to ruin.

I wish just about everyone but Revis and Mangold would get "We are Marshalled" right now but if we don't have a new Right Tackle and Safety's next year I'm not even sure what the point is. Oh and I honestly won't waist my time/emotion another season if we still have Schotty on board. I have 2 wrists and a box full of razors which sounds like a more productive use of my time then rooting for the Jets with him in charge of the offense

I wish just about everyone but Revis and Mangold would get "We are Marshalled" right now but if we don't have a new Right Tackle and Safety's next year I'm not even sure what the point is. Oh and I honestly won't waist my time/emotion another season if we still have Schotty on board. I have 2 wrists and a box full of razors which sounds like a more productive use of my time then rooting for the Jets with him in charge of the offense

I already told my wife that we're not wasting the $300 on the DTV NFL package-I pay all that money to make myself miserable. I already sent an email to the Jets telling them that unless big changes are made THAT i will not waste one red penny on this team-and I'm serious-i won't do it to myself again....

Like T0mbot, I think the roster is fine. These guys execute their asses off on Thursday/Saturday/Sunday. Their problem is that their coaches ask and teach them to execute the wrong thing (and often in the wrong way). For instances, our WRs are experts at not getting super wide open, and it's because that's what they've been coached to do since they became Jets (which has to be close to the beginning of their football lives). Our QB likes to throw into double and triple coverage inaccurately because the coaches let him take too many risks. At the same time, they are too conservative, and do not open it up. Until these problems are fixed, the last thing they should be worried about is bringing in more talent for the coaches to ruin.

This is getting old, in my humble opinion of course.

No place for that here man. No place at all. You have every right to be upset, I would never blame you for that. But to suggest that you want people to die, even as a joke -- just not cool.

We couldn't have let better guys get away last year. What will our genuises do this year? For me..you can start with Cromartie, as I think he personally cost us the most losses.

Cromartie was really exposed this year. It seems like last year the Jets put him one on one and let him cover people deep down the field. This year he needed to make more tackles and for whatever reason just can't tackle. His kickoff returns yesterday were terrible...

Looking at that roster, we're actually not all that talented. Really.

Gerald Alexander

Josh Baker

NIck Bellore

Mark Brunnell

MArquice Cole

TJ Conley

Vlad Ducasse

Nick Folk

Howard Austin

Ellis Lankster

Josh Mauga

Garrett McIntyre

Matt Mulligan

Erron Riley

C. Schladerraff

M. Teveasu

I. Trufant

Patrick Turner

Tracy Wilson.

Holy JAGfest. This team has no middle. And that's giving guys like Wayne Hunter and Bilal Powell and J. Westerman the benefit of the doubt. And it also doesn't inluce IR or Practice squadders like Scotty McKnight.

As with any roster moves the cap hits, or saving are a major consideration. Not only do you have to eat the cap money, but you have to pay another player, hopefully a good one, to replace. Lets look at the cap situation

Sanchez---- Saves about 9.2 Million to cut. IMO he will stay, but this will be a consideration. Don't think they are dumb enough to get involved in the Manning thing. Entire teams future will be tied into an aging QB who has had 3 neck operations, plus a lot of draft picks. If he is injured again Jets are shafted for years to come. Don't think he would have survived the hits Sanchez took this year. If another promising QB in his late 20's comes available (not likely) He will be considered

Holmes--- Cap hit of about 3.5 million. Think the guy is way over paid, but it doesn't make much sense to release him now. In 13 saves them about 8.8 million. He'll be fired then.

Pace---Had a productive year. Cost about 1.8 to dump. He stays. In 13 saves about 8.6. He'll be gone then

Cromartie----Costs about 2.3 million to dump. he stays at least one more year. IN 13 saves 8.3

Scott--- IMO play was way off this year, but it still cost them 1.3 million to unload him. In 13 they save over 7 million. Think he's back this year and gone in 13

Hunter---Saves 2.5 million to cut. Bye

Eric Smith----Saves about 2 million to cut. Bye

There will be the usual bottom of the roster changes, but according to the cap situation in 12 IMO the team will be fundamentally the same.

In 13 though it will be house cleaning time.

We'll see what cap magic Mike T can perform, but I think a lot of the past tricks have caught up.

We couldn't have let better guys get away last year. What will our genuises do this year? For me..you can start with Cromartie, as I think he personally cost us the most losses.

Just who are these great guys that got away last year, other than Edwards? You could even make a case against Edwards as well considering his performance this season. But he is the only one I was pissed about. It was about who they didn't get, not who they let go?

As with any roster moves the cap hits, or saving are a major consideration. Not only do you have to eat the cap money, but you have to pay another player, hopefully a good one, to replace. Lets look at the cap situation

Sanchez---- Saves about 9.2 Million to cut. IMO he will stay, but this will be a consideration. Don't think they are dumb enough to get involved in the Manning thing. Entire teams future will be tied into an aging QB who has had 3 neck operations, plus a lot of draft picks. If he is injured again Jets are shafted for years to come. Don't think he would have survived the hits Sanchez took this year. If another promising QB in his late 20's comes available (not likely) He will be considered

Holmes--- Cap hit of about 3.5 million. Think the guy is way over paid, but it doesn't make much sense to release him now. In 13 saves them about 8.8 million. He'll be fired then.

Pace---Had a productive year. Cost about 1.8 to dump. He stays. In 13 saves about 8.6. He'll be gone then

Cromartie----Costs about 2.3 million to dump. he stays at least one more year. IN 13 saves 8.3

Scott--- IMO play was way off this year, but it still cost them 1.3 million to unload him. In 13 they save over 7 million. Think he's back this year and gone in 13

There will be the usual bottom of the roster changes, but according to the cap situation in 12 IMO the team will be fundamentally the same.

We'll see what cap magic Mike T can perform, but I think a lot of the past tricks have caught up.

i think smith stays.does a few things well.just keep him out of coverage,please

scott-i know alot of people say that they dont understand scott's overlooked job and responsibilities on defense,does the dirty work,blah,blah,blah. dude played as a shell of his former self this year. on the fence on this one, but i think he is gone

hunter-cut and resigned as a backup.doesnt have ANY argument for a starters position

Starting D-

DL- Wilkerson, Pouha, Devito---Dixon, Ellis, Ripoti heavy in the mix. Only one I can think of that has to go is MTV.

LB- Pace, Harris, Ilb, Olb-----hate to say it but I think Scott may be cap casualty. Just can't have 2 ilb who have zero coverage skills. Had enough of B. Thomas who only shows up during contract seasons. Muaga looks like he can play a little. Sign solid free agent or spend 1st rounder on the open OLB spot depending on what we do with Maybin. Keep Westerman. Everybody else can go.

DBs- Revis, Cro, Leonhard, 2nd rd FS-----Wilson-nickle, Pool, All others can go Trufant and Lankster are good on specials. Maybe spend a 3rd or a 4th rounder here for a 4th corner. We didn't get the same Strickland back. We can keep Smith, if Rex gets creative with him like he did at the end of last year. He can't be a starting Safety. Safety/Lb hybrid he can be very useful.

Starting O

Oline- Ferguson(needs to have nice off season, took a huge step back), Slauson, Mangold, Moore(if he's fully healthy), RT-------Spend 1st rounder here, if we don't use it on OLB, or sign quality veteran. Hunter, keep Ducasse, Schlauderaff for potential don't care about the rest.

WR- Holmes(stuck with him), Plax(thought he was getting better as season went along), Kerley, Turner

TE- Keller, Baker, Mulligan

RB-Greene, McKnight, Powell, Conner. Let Tomlinson go, give Powell another year, but try another 5th or 6th on a back.

QB-Sanchez, McElroy

ST- Get new Kicker, Punter. For as great of a ST coach that Westhoff is, he isn't so great at finding hidden gems. Some of these teams find free agents all over the place to do a great job. For some reason we can't.

Need to target: RT, S (only one safety, preferably Leonhard returns and we just replace Smith), OLB. Optional: WR, TE.

I think we're set up better than many think, at least as far as starters go. We need those 3 positions desperately. Main consideration beyond that is just depth.

i think smith stays.does a few things well.just keep him out of coverage,please

scott-i know alot of people say that they dont understand scott's overlooked job and responsibilities on defense,does the dirty work,blah,blah,blah. dude played as a shell of his former self this year. on the fence on this one, but i think he is gone

hunter-cut and resigned as a backup.doesnt have ANY argument for a starters position

All good points

Smith could be back, but not at 2.5 million.

Everything I posted is based on the Jets current cap situation. A lot of players will be given the "Clements option". " Sign the new contract or clean out your locker"

IMO Jim Leonard will be back.

At Vets min.

By the way all of my #'s were plagiarized off Jason's site. I'd post the link, but I'm not sure what Max's policy on link posting is.

Ah screw it. Who cares http://www.nyjetscap.com/

I strongly advise anyone who is going to start a thread about cutting, or signing a player to check it out first.

All good points

Smith could be back, but not at 2.5 million.

Everything I posted is based on the Jets current cap situation. A lot of players will be given the "Clements option". " Sign the new contract or clean out your locker"

IMO Jim Leonard will be back.

At Vets min.

By the way all of my #'s were plagiarized off Jason's site. I'd post the link, but I'm not sure what Max's policy on link posting is.

Ah screw it. Who cares http://www.nyjetscap.com/

I strongly advise anyone who is going to start a thread about cutting, or signing a player to check it out first.

jim is cut,imo.but why the hell did they trade lowery for a ham sandwich?he could have been the cover safety

jim is cut,imo.but why the hell did they trade lowery for a ham sandwich?he could have been the cover safety

I agree

It was one of the few off season cuts the Jets made that I thought WTF?

Be nice to have him now.

Have to think there was something going on between Lowery and Rex. Just a guess

If this is true, we should be looking good in terms of cap space in 2013. Correct?

Free Agents in 2013:

Matt Schaub

Calvin Johnson

Greg Jennings

Patrick Willis

Kenny Philips

Kerry Rhodes :winking0001:

Archived