Braylon Edwards Released

leonwash29

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was the offense better with Braylon or Plaxico? At least with Braylon, the safeties had to go into a backpedal every once in a while.

I don't know why we don't throw deep more often. Everything we normally try to do on offense would be easier if we threw a deep pass a few times a game even if they are incompletions.

Sanchez passing yards

2010: 3,291 (16th)

2011: 3,267 (15th)

Sanchez Y/A

2010: 6.5 (T - 26th)

2011: 6.4 (T - 28th)

Sanchez DVOA

2010: 1.6% (28th)

2011: -2.9% (27th)

PPG

2010: 22.9 (T - 13th)

2011: 24 (9th)

3rd down

2010: 40% (T - 11th)

2011: 35% (T - 22nd)

Jets Passing DVOA

2010: 10.3% (20th)

2011: 12.9% (16th)

Jets total offense weighted DVOA

2010: 1.0% (20th)

2011: -1.0% (19th)

Dude if you're going to give Plax credit for the red zone then you'll have to say Sanchez has gotten better to...I think that CLEARLY isnt the case. He looked better as a passer last season, especially down the field.

Braylon could run the fly route and safeties would have to respect it. Even before Santonio came over he had one against Atlanta and Indy.

No I really dont. I believe that one player can impact the Red Zone by that much. FTR, I think Sanchez has improved slightly but still sucks really bad.

Was the offense better with Braylon or Plaxico? At least with Braylon, the safeties had to go into a backpedal every once in a while.

Well, the team has scored more TD's this season than in 09/10 and being that the Jets have the best RZ effeciency in the league and are up there is scoring...I'd say this season eventhough there really isnt much improvement overall.

Braylon was a good deep threat, I'll give him that - but the offense is so bad it really didnt matter.

What did you have your damn eyes closed during the entire pennington era?

Yeah, but at least there was a large contingency that knew he sucked.

Sanchez passing yards

2010: 3,291 (16th)

2011: 3,267 (15th)

Sanchez Y/A

2010: 6.5 (T - 26th)

2011: 6.4 (T - 28th)

Sanchez DVOA

2010: 1.6% (28th)

2011: -2.9% (27th)

PPG

2010: 22.9 (T - 13th)

2011: 24 (9th)

3rd down

2010: 40% (T - 11th)

2011: 35% (T - 22nd)

Jets Passing DVOA

2010: 10.3% (20th)

2011: 12.9% (16th)

Jets total offense weighted DVOA

2010: 1.0% (20th)

2011: -1.0% (19th)

If it weren't for those meddling kids and their stupid dog and all those statistics, I would have gotten away with it.

If it weren't for those meddling kids and their stupid dog and all those statistics, I would have gotten away with it.

I could be wrong, but it did seem like last year at least Sanchez could take advantage of weak secondaries. This year, we cant even complete a 7 yard pass.

I could be wrong, but it did seem like last year at least Sanchez could take advantage of weak secondaries. This year, we cant even complete a 7 yard pass.

I really can't figure out what "the plan" was for this year's offense. What did they hope to accomplish by signing Plaxico and throwing every pass at 8 yards?

I really can't figure out what "the plan" was for this year's offense. What did they hope to accomplish by signing Plaxico and throwing every pass at 8 yards?

The personnel got worse and Sanchez didnt get any better. I think they were hoping for the opposite.

I've rarely seen anyone open. I'm sure Sanchez has been consistently missing them, but on the other hand, when watching the Jets in person, Plax looked beyond slow and unable to get any separation.

I agree...

For whatever reason it has seemed to me that that alot of balls thrown by Sanchez this year there have been at least one if not two or more defenders in the area. Very rarely this season have I seen ANY reciever beating his defender or finding the soft spot in a zone defense where all he has to do is sit and wait for the ball to be delivered.

http://nyjetscap.com/salary.html I believe this is accurate. If we don't have talent on offense it isn't because we aren't paying supposedly playmakers like Sanchez, Holmes and Burress serious cash. They are among the highest-paid players at their positions. And if The Plan was to make a serious run this year doens't make any sense to have $8 million+ in open cap space, unless the stylings of Wayner Hunter and Eric Smith get you excited. And if The Plan was Ground and Pound and throw 7 yard passes there was no need to overpay Burress and Holmes when you could've had Cotchery, Kerley and Truner catch that weak stuff, and may be kept Brad Smith. And gotten some OL help, a real backup RB and a real backup QB rather than Brunnell earning Bankruptcy Court payments to have lunch. Point is this is a front office problem , or may be there's a serious disconnect between what the HC wants and what the GM expected.

Always wondered why the Jets basically dumped him for Burress. Made no sense. Some people here made points about the Jets perhaps knowing more about some of Edwards off field problems than the public and perhaps there's something more to it than meets the eye. Now he's been randomly released by the 49ers?

Sam Hurd anyone?

Always wondered why the Jets basically dumped him for Burress. Made no sense. Some people here made points about the Jets perhaps knowing more about some of Edwards off field problems than the public and perhaps there's something more to it than meets the eye. Now he's been randomly released by the 49ers?

Sam Hurd anyone?

There's most likely something that we dont know...unless he's total damaged goods with his knee.

My favorite Jet-please sign him Tannenbaum

Hes not a Jet. He's a hired gun who, as it turns out, sucks as much as most thought he did.

I'm being a little mean, but even healthy Edwards is basically Donte Stallworth, who is a 3rd WR on a bad team and a one trick pony 4th WR on a Decent team.

There's nothing to be gained by bringing him in this year. I guess it's OK if he's an option next year, but hopefully that's late in the season.

Also to solve the great mystery of why PLAXICO over Edwards:

Plaxico catches the ball when it's thrown to him.

I've changed my stance on both of these guys...Plaxico can be a man amongst boys...There's been a couple of catches...which for Plax are really just snatches....that show the guy can be a man amongst boys even with 2 years of prison time for a self inflicted gunshot wound to the leg.

Also to solve the great mystery of why PLAXICO over Edwards:

Plaxico catches the ball when it's thrown to him.

I've changed my stance on both of these guys...Plaxico can be a man amongst boys...There's been a couple of catches...which for Plax are really just snatches....that show the guy can be a man amongst boys even with 2 years of prison time for a self inflicted gunshot wound to the leg.

To be fair, so did Braylon last year. I remember a thread showing how BE was among the tops in the league on the entire season.

That being said, a knee injury and possible other off the field issues, PLUS his injured pride from being "snubbed" by the front office...he'll never be back in New York. I wish the dude the best and all, but he just doesn't fit here now. I liked him as much as anyone else (he was my favorite while here), but let's move on folks. He was no Al Toon in the first place and now he's a shell of what he even was....and he's not a Jet.

Archived