Hue Jackson

Ghost

The Raiders' new GM, Reggie McKenzie, might want to hire his own staff. Which will lead the firing of Hue Jackson. At this point, he is being evaluated, and I hope they give him the pink slip.

He probably forgot more football than Brian knows. I would want this guy in immediately.

He also has some ties with USC, and has been part of some successful offenses.

Rai-Duhs are cluless.

They lose their best player in Ashminougha. He has them at 4-2 with Jason Campbell QBing. Loses McFadden for half the season. Actually, gets something out of Heyward-Bey. The FO then gets Palmer and he throws as many passes to the opponent as he does to Raider receivers.

Unlike Cable who was a part of a larger mess, Jackson should find a HC position soon.

shoooot...I thought this was going to be a thread about Wolverine. no xmen here, just the oakland raidahs trying to shoot themselves in the foot again. I guess they were too close to succeeding last year to see what some continuity would produce... they had their one year of almost relevence, back to the bottom if they cut thier HC.

Here's one of the big questions now. The raiders have like zero draft picks now. they have a new GM who will want to do things his way. Which of thier players would possibly be available. If Hue Jackson joined the Jets its possible some might be headed east. Maybe a Jacoby Ford, DMC (though his injury history scares me off for anything higher than a 3) Louis Murphy.

All of those guys could add much needed speed to the Jets offense. Also Jason Campbell might join, either putting the pressure on Sanchez that he needs to holding down the fort on offense long enough to find a long term answer

shoooot...I thought this was going to be a thread about Wolverine. no xmen here, just the oakland raidahs trying to shoot themselves in the foot again. I guess they were too close to succeeding last year to see what some continuity would produce... they had their one year of almost relevence, back to the bottom if they cut thier HC.

8-8 Raiders=close to success/almost relevance

8-8 Jets=clean house

this guy is delusional,. blast his players in media and then demands more say in picking players... His team collapsed down the stretch, he should be begging for job not acting like he has mandate for more power

If we're using the Raiders as our measuring stick for success then we're way more ****ed then I thought

We've been around here for about the same amount of time. I remember when you made Saynoto DMC. So I have a question. If Hue Jackson were brought in as OC and DMC could be had for a 3rd round pick, would you object

We've been around here for about the same amount of time. I remember when you made Saynoto DMC. So I have a question. If Hue Jackson were brought in as OC and DMC could be had for a 3rd round pick, would you object

Hypothetically for a 3rd right now I'd give it a shot but that's just cause I can't watch our offense for another year the way it is now. I never figured his body could hold up as an NFL running back but neither can our "big bruising back". I think he's only got one year on his deal left though and he'll either have a good year and I won't want to see him get payed long term or since he's on the Jets pop his Achilles week one.

If the Draft happened again today I wouldn't be all that upset anymore about going RB with a top 10 pick since they've reigned in the ridiculous rookie contracts but giving a RB big money is almost always a mistake

Hypothetically for a 3rd right now I'd give it a shot but that's just cause I can't watch our offense another for another year the way it is now. I never figured his body could hold up as an NFL running back but neither can our "big bruising back". I think he's only got one year on his deal left though and he'll either have a good year and I won't want to see him get payed long term or since he's on the Jets pop his Achilles week one.

Funny, but I don't believe in that woe is me self loathing Jets fan stuff. Yes he is in his last year, making roughly 8 million. I would think that McKenzie might explore trading him because of his cap number and injury history and definitely trying to recoup some draft picks

The fact that people are bringing him what he gave up for Carson Palmer is completely retarded. He's not going to have the power to do trades here. All we ask is for him to implement the same offense in Cincy and Oakland.

I don't have the stats in front of me now, but someone PLEASE look up what he's done in Oakland. Someone look back to what he did in Cincy. This guy actually fits Rex's criteria of ground and pound, unlike sh*tty who just acts like he does.

Hue Jackson and Rex do have some ties with their days in Baltimore. I'll get this guy immediately. I'll also bring in Michael Bush with him whenever FA starts.

The fact that people are bringing him what he gave up for Carson Palmer is completely retarded. He's not going to have the power to do trades here. All we ask is for him to implement the same offense in Cincy and Oakland.

I don't have the stats in front of me now, but someone PLEASE look up what he's done in Oakland. Someone look back to what he did in Cincy. This guy actually fits Rex's criteria of ground and pound, unlike sh*tty who just acts like he does.

Hue Jackson and Rex do have some ties with their days in Baltimore. I'll get this guy immediately. I'll also bring in Michael Bush with him whenever FA starts.

Basset on TheJetsBlog brought up his numbers. They weren't good, but the caveat was that he didn't have a whole lot of talent on his previous teams.

I like him, he got the most out of the skill position guys in Oakland, and he kept the offense simple.

Basset on TheJetsBlog brought up his numbers. They weren't good, but the caveat was that he didn't have a whole lot of talent on his previous teams.

I like him, he got the most out of the skill position guys in Oakland, and he kept the offense simple.

That guy can blow me. The Raiders, yes the Raiders had the #9 ranked offense this past season with pretty much DMC out for more than half the year and a bunch of hurt receivers.

This guy knows how to call an offense. I don't care what anyone says.

yeah just what this team needs... someone not afraid to open their mouth and tell everyone how good we can be. his qualifications aside, I don't think Woodrow wants another loquacious coach.

POW!

I disagree. Woody loves the loudmouth mentality. It grabs the backpage, and embraces the Jets spirit.

BAM!

Boom.

I like the catchphrase. I'm not sure of the relevance. We aren't talking about success or failure. The majority of posts in the thread were claiming the Raiders were idiots for changing gears after one 8-8 season. The Jets just went 8-8 after two deep playoff runs and people are talking about giving up on the GM, coach and/or OC. Many of the posts/threads included claims that "I love Rex but" with the but being that he should change his attitued, change his treatment of the players, change the kind of players he wants, change his talk, be like Belichick, etc. Change isn't always good,but we keep getting it. We are replacing Schotty which is probably good because I don't think he is a good fit with Rex, but I think the guy is a decent coach and will do a dec

Archived