Holmes trade from MMQB

CTM

Never followed up on this , but wow

Factoid of the Week That May Interest Only Me

Thanks to Mike Florio for sending me scurrying to the 2010 draft, and the incredible tributaries from a single late-round trade. It just shows how smart Pittsburgh director of football operations Kevin Colbert is.

In 2009, the Jets traded fourth- and fifth-round picks to the Eagles for cornerback Lito Sheppard and a fifth-round pick in the 2010 draft, the 155th overall pick.

In 2010, the Steelers traded wide receiver Santonio Holmes to the Jets for that fifth-round pick, the 155th in the draft.

The Steelers took that 155th selection on draft weekend and traded it to Arizona for cornerback Bryant McFadden and a sixth-round pick -- the 195th overall. With the 195th pick, Pittsburgh chose wide receiver/kick returner Antonio Brown.

In 2010, McFadden started all 16 regular-season games at left cornerback for Pittsburgh's Super Bowl team.

In 2011, Brown started at wide receiver for the Steelers, finishing 15th in the league with 1,108 receiving yards, while being one of the best punt- and kick-returners in the league -- 10.8 yards per punt return, 27.3 yards per kick return. He's the first player in the history of the NFL to have more than 1,000 yards receiving and returning in the same year.

Colbert turned a late fifth-round pick into one Super Bowl starter and one long-term explosive receiver and returner. That's a valuable personnel man.

YOU SUCK! I thought you were gonna tell us of an impending trade to dump the punk a$$.

Lol.. didn't think of that. I just thought it was interesting that 2 years ago we all thoght we fleeced the Steelers, and now it looks like they got the better of it by far

Never followed up on this , but wow

Factoid of the Week That May Interest Only Me

Thanks to Mike Florio for sending me scurrying to the 2010 draft, and the incredible tributaries from a single late-round trade. It just shows how smart Pittsburgh director of football operations Kevin Colbert is.

In 2009, the Jets traded fourth- and fifth-round picks to the Eagles for cornerback Lito Sheppard and a fifth-round pick in the 2010 draft, the 155th overall pick.

In 2010, the Steelers traded wide receiver Santonio Holmes to the Jets for that fifth-round pick, the 155th in the draft.

The Steelers took that 155th selection on draft weekend and traded it to Arizona for cornerback Bryant McFadden and a sixth-round pick -- the 195th overall. With the 195th pick, Pittsburgh chose wide receiver/kick returner Antonio Brown.

In 2010, McFadden started all 16 regular-season games at left cornerback for Pittsburgh's Super Bowl team.

In 2011, Brown started at wide receiver for the Steelers, finishing 15th in the league with 1,108 receiving yards, while being one of the best punt- and kick-returners in the league -- 10.8 yards per punt return, 27.3 yards per kick return. He's the first player in the history of the NFL to have more than 1,000 yards receiving and returning in the same year.

Colbert turned a late fifth-round pick into one Super Bowl starter and one long-term explosive receiver and returner. That's a valuable personnel man.

Chan Im very dissapointed in you for this thread title

Archived