Brian Schottenheimer is the Rams O\C: MERGED

Jetfan13

Jan 17th 2012

Schottenheimer suddenly not a lock in St. Louis

AUTHOR: Marc A. Greenberg | IN: Jets | COMMENTS: No Comments |

Home » Jets » Schottenheimer suddenly not a lock in St. Louis

lt11-300x210.jpg

Brian Schottenheimer (AP Photo)

Much like the plays he called, Brian Schottenheimer is learning that things can be a little confusing.

On Sunday night, Mike Lombardi of NFL.com reported that the St. Louis Rams offered, and the former New York Jets offensive coordinator accepted, the position of offensive coordinator on Jeff Fisher’s staff.

Now, Chris Mortensen of ESPN is reporting that former Oakland Raiders coach Hue Jackson will interview for the job.

While Schottenheimer is still considered the favorite, Hue will get his chance to impress.

Schottenheimer left his position with the Jets to pursue other opportunities, including a meeting with the University of Alabama for its offensive coordinator vacancy. The Jets didn’t waste time in replacing Schottenheimer, hiring former Dolphins coach Tony Sparano to take over their offense.

That's because they asked him what he would run on a 3rd and 8....he said a 4 yard slant. Then they asked him what he would run a 2nd and 15, he said a 4 yard slant....there you go.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Jets did everything they could to protect this idiot by not firing his a$$ now its becoming very apparent a lot of other organizations know WTF is going on with his offense . He didnt move on for opportunities the Jets asked him to step down lets get real here

That's because they asked him what he would run on a 3rd and 8....he said a 4 yard slant. Then they asked him what he would run a 2nd and 15, he said a 4 yard slant....there you go.

I heard it was a delayed draw, but same idea.Also running 3rd down passing plays with no receiver past the 1st down marker may be innovative, but it's rarely successful. Holding back Brees, Pennington and Favre also isn't much of a resume.

Jan 17th 2012

Schottenheimer suddenly not a lock in St. Louis

AUTHOR: Marc A. Greenberg | IN: Jets | COMMENTS: No Comments |

Home » Jets » Schottenheimer suddenly not a lock in St. Louis

lt11-300x210.jpg

Brian Schottenheimer (AP Photo)

Much like the plays he called, Brian Schottenheimer is learning that things can be a little confusing.

On Sunday night, Mike Lombardi of NFL.com reported that the St. Louis Rams offered, and the former New York Jets offensive coordinator accepted, the position of offensive coordinator on Jeff Fisher’s staff.

Now, Chris Mortensen of ESPN is reporting that former Oakland Raiders coach Hue Jackson will interview for the job.

While Schottenheimer is still considered the favorite, Hue will get his chance to impress.

Schottenheimer left his position with the Jets to pursue other opportunities, including a meeting with the University of Alabama for its offensive coordinator vacancy. The Jets didn’t waste time in replacing Schottenheimer, hiring former Dolphins coach Tony Sparano to take over their offense.

Always amazed he had such a big board of plays, when he only calls varaiations of 3 or 4 plays-draws, slants, and screens. What the hell is all that wrting? "I am good enough, i'm smart enough, and damn people like me, even if Dad is an idiot."

I heard it was a delayed draw, but same idea.Also running 3rd down passing plays with no receiver past the 1st down marker may be innovative, but it's rarely successful. Holding back Brees, Pennington and Favre also isn't much of a resume.

You said it......hopefully we will have a different feel about our team in 2012. I am not ready to give up on Sanchez, lets see what happens....

Archived