Brian Schottenheimer is the Rams O\C: MERGED

Jetfan13

Jeff Fisher is meeting Sunday with Brian Schottenheimer to see whether the two sides can make a deal that would give the former New York Jets offensive coordinator the same job in St. Louis, league sources told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

Fisher and Schottenheimer both have homes in Tennessee, so the meeting was convenient enough.

Schottenheimer interviewed on Friday with Alabama coach Nick Saban regarding the Crimson Tide's offensive coordinator position.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are these teams aware that Brian Schottenheimer isn't black?

The thing I find so hilarious is that you have some of these Schotty apologists (as few as them as their still may be) using these interviews as some sort of evidence that he isn't awful, as he continues to get beat out for these jobs by the likes of Mike Mularkey and Dirk Koetter.

The thing I find so hilarious is that you have some of these Schotty apologists (as few as them as their still may be) using these interviews as some sort of evidence that he isn't awful, as he continues to get beat out for these jobs by the likes of Mike Mularkey and Dirk Koetter.

IF MANGINI WAS A BAD COACH THE BROWNS WOULDN'T HAVE HIRED HIM SO QUICKLY.

Lol so Saban and Fisher might make him their OC but th REAL barometer is that he missed out on the Jaguars or Matt Ryan? Mucho lawlz as usual.

Nobody gives two sh*ts about the Jaguars. Matt Ryan should be called Meh Ryan if that was funny. Atlanta went and hired the guy who's offense just produced the leading rusher in the NFL....Atlantas real big thing on offense is Turner...why would a coach with way more years left than either Koetter or Mularkey want to SSDD himself with those two franchises?

I know it's inconceivable to you, but you really should consider that Schittenhimer JUST MIGHT b holding out for a job he actually wants to take....obviously if we're seeing Fisher and Saban he wants to work with some big guns and great teaching coaches.

I know it's inconceivable to you, but you really should consider that Schittenhimer JUST MIGHT b holding out for a job he actually wants to take....obviously if we're seeing Fisher and Saban he wants to work with some big guns and great teaching coaches.

Exactly, and it's also the reason I haven't been given an NFL job yet, either. I'm not just gonna coach any old team.

Watch.......where ever he goes he'll succeed. ...just proves how sh*tty our QB is even more.....

Really dude??? Schotty was Drew Brees QB coach, and Brees amounted to a release in San Diego. I believe its safe to say that Brees got better after getting away from this clown. Rivers had Schotty as well, same result. Favre goes from looking like a mediocre Favre under a Schotty ran offense to an MVP Favre the very next season in Minn.

Go look at Schotty's resume and you tell me one QB or offense for that matter that Schotty's a core reason for its success. I wont wait for that answer because I know it aint there.

Mark Sanchez has become exactly what he should have become....a product of Brian Schottenheimer. Now this kid will have a chance to be an NFL QB.

There's probably going to be a few more "supposed" meetings before things go totally quiet for the smartest little dunce boy. Then mid Feb we'll hear he landed the job as QB coach at Pacific Lutheran. Teams and great football minds are sure ringing his phone off the hook.

Really dude??? Schotty was Drew Brees QB coach, and Brees amounted to a release in San Diego. I believe its safe to say that Brees got better after getting away from this clown. Rivers had Schotty as well, same result.

This is as far as I got before I fell off my chair laughing.

As long as it SOUNDS true and the majority buy it...#history

Jeff Fisher is meeting Sunday with Brian Schottenheimer to see whether the two sides can make a deal that would give the former New York Jets offensive coordinator the same job in St. Louis, league sources told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

Fisher and Schottenheimer both have homes in Tennessee, so the meeting was convenient enough.

Schottenheimer interviewed on Friday with Alabama coach Nick Saban regarding the Crimson Tide's offensive coordinator position.

What? I live in Knoxville and knew nothing of this? Where? I could've been rolling his house with TP all this time :sign0151:

Really dude??? Schotty was Drew Brees QB coach, and Brees amounted to a release in San Diego. I believe its safe to say that Brees got better after getting away from this clown. Rivers had Schotty as well, same result. Favre goes from looking like a mediocre Favre under a Schotty ran offense to an MVP Favre the very next season in Minn.

Go look at Schotty's resume and you tell me one QB or offense for that matter that Schotty's a core reason for its success. I wont wait for that answer because I know it aint there.

Mark Sanchez has become exactly what he should have become....a product of Brian Schottenheimer. Now this kid will have a chance to be an NFL QB.

BACK2BACK AFC CHAMPIONSHIPS

It's a process mother****er

Schotty 4 life

Brian Schottenheimer has been offered the St. Louis Rams' offensive coordinator job and will accept the position on new coach Jeff Fisher's staff, a league source said Sunday night.

All that's left to make it official is for the contract to be completed, according to the source.

Fisher and Schottenheimer, the New York Jets' former offensive coordinator, spent Sunday night at dinner discussing the position.

NFL Network insider Jason La Canfora reported that Schottenheimer's interview with the Rams began Sunday morning, two days after he talked with the University of Alabama about its offensive coordinator vacancy.

Schottenheimer told the Jets on Tuesday that he wouldn't return next season after six years of running an offense that often failed to live up to expectations. The Jets quickly hired former Miami Dolphins coach Tony Sparano to replace Schottenheimer.

The Rams agreed to terms with Fisher to be their coach Friday, and the team later confirmed it is finalizing the details of the contract.

Post image for Brian Schottenheimer Hired By Rams

Michael Lombardi says that Brian Schottenheimer is set to join the Rams as their new offensive coordinator.

Brian Schottenheimer has been offered the St. Louis Rams’ offensive coordinator job and will accept the position on new coach Jeff Fisher’s staff, a league source said Sunday night.

All that’s left to make it official is for the contract to be completed, according to the source.

Fisher and Schottenheimer, the New York Jets’ former offensive coordinator, spent Sunday night at dinner discussing the position.

NFL Network insider Jason La Canfora reported that Schottenheimer’s interview with the Rams began Sunday morning, two days after he talked with the University of Alabama about its offensive coordinator vacancy.

Schottenheimer told the Jets on Tuesday that he wouldn’t return next season after six years of running an offense that often failed to live up to expectations. The Jets quickly hired former Miami Dolphins coach Tony Sparano to replace Schottenheimer.

The Rams agreed to terms with Fisher to be their coach Friday, and the team later confirmed it is finalizing the details of the contract.

Good luck with the Rams Brian.  Sam Bradford’s development will become a key barometer in trying to forecast what the future holds for Mark Sanchez.  The debate will wage on for years, was it Brian’s fault or is Mark Sanchez not up to to task?

Tell us what you think in our New York Jets Message Board.

di
di

8jIdWFLR9Y8

View the full article

Let it be noted, right now, that Sam Bradford is considered a great and promising prospect who appears to no one to be a bust.

I feel it's important to establish this so that, in two years, when everyone is sitting around talking about how bad Sam Bradford is playing we know whose fault it is.

He'll mask their lack of offensive weapons with a lot of motions and different formations. Bradford seems smarter and much more emotionally and mentally tougher than sanchez: combine that with a great pass catching back in Jackson and I actually expect them to have a very successful offensive season.

Let it be noted, right now, that Sam Bradford is considered a great and promising prospect who appears to no one to be a bust.

I feel it's important to establish this so that, in two years, when everyone is sitting around talking about how bad Sam Bradford is playing we know whose fault it is.

The only way Bradford is done is if his glass body breaks, but the Rams have been pretty careful with that I think.

Let's not all be shocked when a highly touted young QB who knows wtf he's doing on an NFL football field out performs the likes of Chad Pennington/Kellen Clemens/Mark Sanchez/Geriatric Favre.

Maybe we could trade Bradford for Sanchez straight up.

Archived