If Richardson is there at #16....

Greenseed4

If Richardson (coming off minor knee surgery) is available at the 16th pick...Do we jump on him, let him continue to slide, or try to trade the pick?

scenario 1.) We draft him and have a battering-ram running attack. Greene gets spelled by Richardson (or vice versa) and defenses literally get grounded & pounded. This opens up our passing game, and keeps the defense fresh. But...it literally neglects more pressing needs.

scenario 2.) We let him fall. Drafting a RB in the first-round is a luxury for teams with less needs; and we decide to address one of our many holes by going another direction. But...we miss out on a top-ten talent, who is probably the best RB to come out...since last year.

scenario 3.) We auction him off for draft picks, and gamble with the reward of getting "our guy" later in the round. We would get an extra selection. But... with the adjusted trade-value chart; it would likely be a mid-round pick.

It would depend greatly on how the forst 15 picks had fallen, what kind of trade offers were out there. If we could move back a few spots and pick up a 3rd it might be worth it considering the holes on the roster currently. If we are going play making position on the offensive side lf the ball in round 1 I'd rather it be Michael Floyd or a comparable WR.

It would depend greatly on how the forst 15 picks had fallen, what kind of trade offers were out there. If we could move back a few spots and pick up a 3rd it might be worth it considering the holes on the roster currently. If we are going play making position on the offensive side lf the ball in round 1 I'd rather it be Michael Floyd or a comparable WR.

The trade I would sign-off on would involve the Browns because they have two 1st round picks, and two 4th round picks.

Projection:

They get: We get

#16...#22 (we slide back 8 spots in the first: Mark Barron)

#47...#37 (we swap 2nd rounders and move up 10 spots in the second round: Doug Martin)

...#100 (we get one of their two 4th round picks: OL depth/WR)

In this projection we would be able to get the BPA at a position of need in Barron, and be able to get a very talented RB (my favorite of the draft actually) in Martin...AND get a depth player or WR in the fourth ( Brandon Brooks, Levy Adcock, Marvin McNutt, AJ Jenkins, Nick Toon, etc)

But... we would possibly miss out on the second-tier pass rushers (Massaquoi, Lewis, etc)

scenario 3.) We auction him off for draft picks, and gamble with the reward of getting "our guy" later in the round. We would get an extra selection. But... with the adjusted trade-value chart; it would likely be a mid-round pick.

I'd think with the rookie picks slotted the only picks that have lower value would be lower first rounders due to the inability to sign them for 5 years. But that would work to the Jets' advantage in trade value, not the other way around. Further, teams that trade up in round 1 don't do so with fear of that player then holding out.

Ultimately it depends how far we trade down. It would likely be a 3rd round pick, as you said, but not because of any new charts.

It depends... does he turn out to be Adrian Peterson, or Blair Thomas? This team has so many needs elsewhere, I just cannot see them going RB with the first pick.

Trent is a Stud, may be strongest skill player in NFL. Whoever gets him will be lucky

I don't think he makes it to anywhere near 16, but I did see a mock draft earlier today that had the Jets taking him.

He is a top 3 talent, but RB's are always devalued. He can take it to house and catch the ball, major upgrade.

It depends... does he turn out to be Adrian Peterson, or Blair Thomas? This team has so many needs elsewhere, I just cannot see them going RB with the first pick.

He's definitey not Peterson, but he'll be a good pro...if he's there I wouldnt mind the Jets taking him

You don't get many guys with his size, vision, and cut ability. I take him without a doubt.

I'm trying to figure out who to compare him to that's played in the NFL. He's 5'9" 230lb, runs under a 4.5, has good cuts, speed, can catch, breaks tackles, etc. He has all the tools to be a top back.

In order...3, 1, 2. Or maybe 1, 3, 2.

Yeah, I'm with ya. If we had a suitor, I'd take some extra picks as I dont put a ton of value in the RB position. But dude's a beast and I like the idea of not having to worry about certain positions for a number of years.

I'm trying to figure out who to compare him to that's played in the NFL. He's 5'9" 230lb, runs under a 4.5, has good cuts, speed, can catch, breaks tackles, etc. He has all the tools to be a top back.

I'm in the same boat, someone had compared him to a young Clinton Portis, but somehow that just doesn't sound right.

Steven Jackson from his freshman year?

Maybe jones-drew. What i do know is that if the jets are serious about a running game, they could use a guy who can do moe than just give what the ol gives him and still be a home run threat.

And like u mentioned, the hands to catch the ball since our qbs seem to love throwing the checkdown to the backs.

is he really going to be there at 16?

no

90% chance he's gone by 16

if he's there he'd probably be the clear best available player and that's a draft day decision every team wants to have.

most likely spots are CLE at 4, TB at 5, STL if they trade down to 6, MIA at 8,

the teams after that could all talk themselves into the pick. KC at 11, has Jamaal Charles coming off injury and not pick. SEA at 12 could get rid of Lynch. AZ, at 13 Bernie Wells? Dallas has Murray but is that enough of a reason? even the Eagles at 15 i believe have McCoy in a contract year.

Maybe jones-drew. What i do know is that if the jets are serious about a running game, they could use a guy who can do moe than just give what the ol gives him and still be a home run threat.

And like u mentioned, the hands to catch the ball since our qbs seem to love throwing the checkdown to the backs.

Thats what I'm thinking which is why the more I think about it, I'd prefer to just take him and not trade if he's there.

Whats really going to make me go wacky is if Ingram or Upshaw, Richard and Floyd are all on the board. Shoot me if I had to make that decision.

Thats what I'm thinking which is why the more I think about it, I'd prefer to just take him and not trade if he's there.

Whats really going to make me go wacky is if Ingram or Upshaw, Richard and Floyd are all on the board. Shoot me if I had to make that decision.

Don't think Ingram will be there, but I'd have to take him if he was. Think it's real possible Upshaw, and floyd are both on the board. Upshaw slid a bit at the combine.

That would be a tough one for me. Jets can't swing and miss in this draft.

Don't think Ingram will be there, but I'd have to take him if he was. Think it's real possible Upshaw, and floyd are both on the board. Upshaw slid a bit at the combine.

That would be a tough one for me. Jets can't swing and miss in this draft.

That would be real tough for me too. A month ago I would have said Upshaw, no questions. Now I'd have to think about it cuz I'm pretty high on Floyd.

That would be real tough for me too. A month ago I would have said Upshaw, no questions. Now I'd have to think about it cuz I'm pretty high on Floyd.

Agree

Past experience has told me the player I like after the Senior Bowl week turns out to me the better player, but every year after the combine I latch onto the numbers of a riser.

This year I'm sticking with Upshaw. I think he fits, and like big Mo last year, think he can help right away. This is a pretty deep WR draft. Think there will still be some good prospects in the 2nd, maybe even the 3rd

Still Floyd is tempting

Agree

Past experience has told me the player I like after the Senior Bowl week turns out to me the better player, but every year after the combine I latch onto the numbers of a riser.

This year I'm sticking with Upshaw. I think he fits, and like big Mo last year, think he can help right away. This is a pretty deep WR draft. Think there will still be some good prospects in the 2nd, maybe even the 3rd

Still Floyd is tempting

I'd probably end up taking Upshaw just because I tend to agree with trying to find WR's later in the draft. I think I've just convinced myself that Ingram, Upshaw, Richards, wont be there so Floyd seems like the best choice. I'm still intrigued by Macilius Whitney too.

I got it. Jamal Anderson, falcons

This is a pipe dream, as I doubt Trent Richardson goes outside the top 5, but if he were to fall a bit this is the only player in the first round I would be excited about trading up for. He would be the horse in our new found ground and pound offense, with Shonn Greene slamming away at tired out defenses like the good times in recent Jets history...

If its between Upshaw and Floyd I sprint up with Upshaw's name on the card. Brian Orak-...Sorry, Nick Perry over both.

Screw a first round WR...Jarius Wright in the 4th and a taller guy in the 3rd or 5th.

Count me in on Nick Perry over Upshaw. Perry looks like he can be a more explosive pass rusher and a more fluid athlete to make the conversion to 3-4 OLB to me.

WR looks like one of the deepest position in the draft, I really hope the Jets dip into that pool instead of taking mid-round CBs or some sh*t like that.

If and when they cut Bart Scott, Rex will probably bring in Jarrett Johnson to help police the locker room for him, making the choice of an OLB in Round One less likely. If Rex is serious about fixing the offense, I'd imagine that pick will be spent there. And, with Sparano looking to run the ball 60% of the time, it wouldn't surprise me if they did go OL with DeCastro. When you think about it, he's probably the only player on the board in Round One that guarantees the team gets better the second he walks through the door. I also don't think Tannenbaum has the guts to gamble on a WR, especially with Sanchez throwing at him; if Sanchez sucks, the WR sucks right along with him, giving Tannenbaum two seemingly awful first rounders at the same time.

If and when they cut Bart Scott, Rex will probably bring in Jarrett Johnson to help police the locker room for him, making the choice of an OLB in Round One less likely. If Rex is serious about fixing the offense, I'd imagine that pick will be spent there. And, with Sparano looking to run the ball 60% of the time, it wouldn't surprise me if they did go OL with DeCastro. When you think about it, he's probably the only player on the board in Round One that guarantees the team gets better the second he walks through the door. I also don't think Tannenbaum has the guts to gamble on a WR, especially with Sanchez throwing at him; if Sanchez sucks, the WR sucks right along with him, giving Tannenbaum two seemingly awful first rounders at the same time.

I'd love to have DeCastro if he's available, but all signs point to him being gone before we get to pick him. I agree though that Moore and Slauson shouldn't be reasons as to why we should pass on him if he's available. Moore is up there in mileage and Slauson is cheap value, but he's not exactly amazing at the position.

I don't necessarily agree that Jarrett Johnson precludes them from drafting an OLB. At least I hope it doesn't. There's probably going to be some good value prospect from that position to fall to us.

I hate how this team operates in the offseason at times. Trading away guys like Lowery and Rhodes when there value is dirt cheap, then not even bothering to find replacements. Or cutting veterans and then drafting their replacement the same draft, just expecting there not to be a huge drop-off. Even if they are better fits that's such a ******* lateral move with high-risk implications. So dumb.

Outside of LT and C the Jets should just take the best player that falls to them. Anyone can be replaced on this roster, honestly, except for those two positions.

I'd love to have DeCastro if he's available, but all signs point to him being gone before we get to pick him. I agree though that Moore and Slauson shouldn't be reasons as to why we should pass on him if he's available. Moore is up there in mileage and Slauson is cheap value, but he's not exactly amazing at the position.

I don't necessarily agree that Jarrett Johnson precludes them from drafting an OLB. At least I hope it doesn't. There's probably going to be some good value prospect from that position to fall to us.

I hate how this team operates in the offseason at times. Trading away guys like Lowery and Rhodes when there value is dirt cheap, then not even bothering to find replacements. Or cutting veterans and then drafting their replacement the same draft, just expecting there not to be a huge drop-off. Even if they are better fits that's such a ******* lateral move with high-risk implications. So dumb.

Outside of LT and C the Jets should just take the best player that falls to them. Anyone can be replaced on this roster, honestly, except for those two positions.

Agreed with everything you wrote except that signing Johnson doesn't preclude the drafting of an OLB. Pace will play, Johnson will play, and then Maybin has to get snaps. It'd be hard to get time for an Upshaw, I'd think, unless they went with more 4-man fronts.

Archived