Braylon Edwards

brian101193

Does anybody else feel like we kind of screwed him over? I mean when he was with us he was a legit threat and we just threw him to the curb for Santonio. He had a real bad year with San Fran and would probably come cheap, would you guys welcome him back?

Pretty much.

Yeah, I would welcome him back if cheap..... definitely.

We could then draft a WR and have the two of them compete to start. So our WR corps would be: Santonio (1A), Braylon/Rookie (1B), Kerley (Slot), Braylon/Rookie (4), Turner (5).

I want Braylon back badly. This way we fill our hole at WR#2 with a guy we know can do it, thereby allowing us to wait one more year to trade WR high in the draft. I would much prefer to spend our early picks on defense.

^^ That. He'd be welcome as more depth, because he's someone that should not be counted on to start next year all year. I'm a little weirded out by how legendary this guy has become amongst some Jets fans. He's more Donte Stallworth than Randy Moss people...

I want Braylon back badly. This way we fill our hole at WR#2 with a guy we know can do it, thereby allowing us to wait one more year to trade WR high in the draft. I would much prefer to spend our early picks on defense.

I feel the exact same way. I feel like he was very happy to be here and WANTED to play hard. We miss his blocking as well. He was a great addition. I can;t imagine what he did to get on the bad side of Rex/Tanny

^^ That. He'd be welcome as more depth, because he's someone that should not be counted on to start next year all year. I'm a little weirded out by how legendary this guy has become amongst some Jets fans. He's more Donte Stallworth than Randy Moss people...

Braylon was already very liked by this teams fans, for the most part, but when you combine that with the fact that he was sent off in favor of the massive overpayment of a player who turned out to be extremely overrated and an enormous douchebag, this is what happens.

I agree that bringing him back doesn't solve all the Jets problems though, but I think it is a nice way to help continue the trend the Jets seem to be trying to go with this year, which is filling their holes with inexpensive, solid players, allowing them to avoid drafting for need or forcing young players into the starting lineup before they are ready. The positive part is, if those young players / draft picks are capable of taking on the starting role, then having guys like this on cheaper, short team contracts gives you the flexibility to move them out of the starting job without too much of an issue.

Does anybody else feel like we kind of screwed him over? I mean when he was with us he was a legit threat and we just threw him to the curb for Santonio. He had a real bad year with San Fran and would probably come cheap, would you guys welcome him back?

BE screwed himself. Clearly the dude has issues. Nobody in the league wanted him including the team he performed well for, he signed sh*tty contract with the 49ers, couldnt get healthy, sucked when he was and was cut right before the playoffs.

Where there is smoke there is fire. Why this board cant come to that realization is beyond me.

Braylon was already very liked by this teams fans, for the most part, but when you combine that with the fact that he was sent off in favor of the massive overpayment of a player who turned out to be extremely overrated and an enormous douchebag, this is what happens.

And when you combine that with the fact that Edwards played in 9 games and caught 15 passes last year, you realize most of this team's fans probably have trouble dressing themselves in the morning.

And when you combine that with the fact that Edwards played in 9 games and caught 15 passes last year, you realize most of this team's fans probably have trouble dressing themselves in the morning.

Great point, because we all know he would have the exact same injury if he was on the JETS team last year and would have only played 9 games and caught 15 passes!

I hope Braylon comes back. There is a lot to the right player playing on the right team. Sometimes, in a given situation, a player that produces for one team will not duplicate the same production when placed on another team. I think, I don't know for sure, that Braylon liked playing for the Jets. i think it would be a good move for him and the Jets, if he came back.

I, for one, always wanted the Jets to keep Braylon over Santonio. I think Santonio didn't buy into the team like Braylon appeared to. It's all speculation on my part, but I would be very happy if the "Flight Boys" got back together. Throw Kerley into the mix, plus what we feel Sparano's offense is going to look like, and I think we have something to work with.

I like the moves the Jets seem to be making this year. i like what I'm hearing out of Florham Park this off-season. It's almost like our little Jets front office is growing up before our very eyes.

I hope Braylon comes back. There is a lot to the right player playing on the right team. Sometimes, in a given situation, a player that produces for one team will not duplicate the same production when placed on another team. I think, I don't know for sure, that Braylon liked playing for the Jets.

I felt the same way.

Archived