Chaz Schilens Signs With Jets

F.Chowds

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it's a cheap deal, it sounds good to me. It might not work out, but definitely has the makings of a low risk / high reward situation as long as the Jets know better than to think this solves all of their questions at WR this offseason. Could still use another proven vet and / or a playmaker in the draft.

Post image for Jets Sign WR Chaz Schilens

A few minutes after signing Stanton the Jets have reached an agreement with FA wide receiver Chaz Schilens who played for the Raiders last season. He has 72 catches for 7 touchdowns in 4 years with the Raiders.

Chaz played under our current WR coach Sanjay Lal while in Oakland. No word on contract details as of now.

di
di

QHzpqW1s3zo

View the full article

With our cap room Schilens is a perfect signing. Highly doubt he cost much. He has skills, just needs to stay on field. as others have posted, not that he will stop us from upgrading at WR but we don't have to jump at one that isn't good value. I see 4 WR's on roster now with Holmes, Turner, Kerley and Schilens. Still have a 5th spot for a draft pick. I would stay arway from a vet and get a young guy to grow with Sanchez.

With our cap room Schilens is a perfect signing. Highly doubt he cost much. He has skills, just needs to stay on field. as others have posted, not that he will stop us from upgrading at WR but we don't have to jump at one that isn't good value. I see 4 WR's on roster now with Holmes, Turner, Kerley and Schilens. Still have a 5th spot for a draft pick. I would stay arway from a vet and get a young guy to grow with Sanchez.

Nice post. Hard to argue with.

This. Lets get some continuity at the wide reciever position and not have to worry about that position for a while.

Archived