Antonio Cromartie: I’m the second-best receiver on the Jets

F.Chowds

Posted by Michael David Smith on July 31, 2012, 1:42 PM EDT

cromartieball-e1343756300366.jpg?w=250

AP

Antonio Cromartie is still listed as a cornerback, and not a wide receiver. But Cromartie says that if the Jets go through with plans to give him an extensive role in the offense, he’ll be the second-best receiver on the team.

Cromartie said today on ESPN First Take that if he has to rank himself within the Jets’ receiving corps, he’d say he’s the No. 2 option on the team.

“I think I’d put myself as second,” Cromartie said. “I haven’t really played it in the past four or five years, but I can put myself as the second just with raw ability and talent going out there, I think, me separating and being a more physical guy out there on the outside.”

Santonio Holmes is the Jets’ No. 1 receiver, but Cromartie apparently thinks he’s better than the team’s other receivers, including Chaz Schilens, Jeremy Kerley and Stephen Hill.

“Kerley is a more of a slot receiver, he’s a slot guy,” Cromartie said. “Stephen Hill is a younger guy that can get down the field. I think, for me, I can run every single route in the route tree. I’m not going to take anything away from my ability, so when you ask me that question, I’m going to say, yes, I believe I’m one of the best receivers on the football team, next to Santonio Holmes.”

Jets preseason games will be interesting to watch this year, not just to keep tabs onMark Sanchez and Tim Tebow, but to see whether Cromartie gets some opportunities on offense to back up his high opinion of himself.

This is what we need right? Another distraction.. I was not buying into the 3 ring cirrus line, but this is what this team has become a 3 ring cirrus. Why must they bring this sh*t on themselves? Why don't they just let him play CB? Now this next 24 news cycle is going to be about cro taking shots at this teammates.Let the lockerroom tension, controversy, and division begin. I really though Rex was going to get a handle on this bull sh*t this year but I guess not. I LOVE coach Ryan because he has changed the culture of this football team but recently not for the better.

This is what we need right? Another distraction.. I was not buying into the 3 ring cirrus line, but this is what this team has become a 3 ring cirrus. Why must they bring this sh*t on themselves? Why don't they just let him play CB? Now this next 24 news cycle is going to be about cro taking shots at this teammates.Let the lockerroom tension, controversy, and division begin. I really though Rex was going to get a handle on this bull sh*t this year but I guess not. I LOVE coach Ryan because he has changed the culture of this football team but recently not for the better.

im not annoyed that Cro thinks this...its more annoying that our personnel on offense is awful enough that we have to even consider it.

This is what we need right? Another distraction.. I was not buying into the 3 ring cirrus line, but this is what this team has become a 3 ring cirrus.

The Detroit Lions have had 7 arrests in the past 7 months. The Jets, as far as I know.. 0. Yet no one calls the Lions a "circus."

I don't know why we get trashed more than crime organizations like the Lions and Bengals.

The Detroit Lions have had 7 arrests in the past 7 months. The Jets, as far as I know.. 0. Yet no one calls the Lions a "circus."

I don't know why we get trashed more than crime organizations like the Lions and Bengals.

its stupid the way it works but its because the jets are in the bright lights of new york.. not to mention the way things ended last year and the addition of tebow, add to that the jets are under the microscope and you get dumb non stories like this..

i havent really seen anything wrong with the way the jets handled themselves so far this off season

its stupid the way it works but its because the jets are in the bright lights of new york.. not to mention the way things ended last year and the addition of tebow, add to that the jets are under the microscope and you get dumb non stories like this..

i havent really seen anything wrong with the way the jets handled themselves so far this off season

I'm a little un easy but I pretty much agree with the Giants fan.

I think I’d put myself as second. I haven’t really played it in the past four or five years, but I can put myself as the second just with raw ability and talent going out there, I think, me separating and being a more physical guy out there on the outside.

Yeah, ok.

because of fans that continue to trash the team for whatever reasons. If fans trash the team what makes you think people outside the org are not. People getting getting mad for this are ridiculous. Its another wrinkle in the fabric. Again everyone is up and arms but if Cro scores they all love him. Same with tebow, everyone is hating him but the second he has a great play people will say i knew it all along....

The Lions are most certainly not a circus. A chain-gang, yes. Circus? No.

Our Jets are simply the most entertaining team in the league. They never stop giving and never disappoint. Now, if we could only get Jerry Jones in the fold somehow.

The Lions are most certainly not a circus. A chain-gang, yes. Circus? No.

Our Jets are simply the most entertaining team in the league. They never stop giving and never disappoint. Now, if we could only get Jerry Jones in the fold somehow.

+1....totally entertaining. Haven't laughed this hard since the end of last regular season.

Posted by Michael David Smith on July 31, 2012, 1:42 PM EDT

cromartieball-e1343756300366.jpg?w=250

AP

Antonio Cromartie is still listed as a cornerback, and not a wide receiver. But Cromartie says that if the Jets go through with plans to give him an extensive role in the offense, he’ll be the second-best receiver on the team.

Cromartie said today on ESPN First Take that if he has to rank himself within the Jets’ receiving corps, he’d say he’s the No. 2 option on the team.

“I think I’d put myself as second,” Cromartie said. “I haven’t really played it in the past four or five years, but I can put myself as the second just with raw ability and talent going out there, I think, me separating and being a more physical guy out there on the outside.”

Santonio Holmes is the Jets’ No. 1 receiver, but Cromartie apparently thinks he’s better than the team’s other receivers, including Chaz Schilens, Jeremy Kerley and Stephen Hill.

“Kerley is a more of a slot receiver, he’s a slot guy,” Cromartie said. “Stephen Hill is a younger guy that can get down the field. I think, for me, I can run every single route in the route tree. I’m not going to take anything away from my ability, so when you ask me that question, I’m going to say, yes, I believe I’m one of the best receivers on the football team, next to Santonio Holmes.”

Jets preseason games will be interesting to watch this year, not just to keep tabs onMark Sanchez and Tim Tebow, but to see whether Cromartie gets some opportunities on offense to back up his high opinion of himself.

I must be getting old because I read this and the only words I could must are "oh my".

You should read the stupid sh*t you write. LOL

C'Mon....Rex declaring himself the best defensive coach in the league.....after losing control of his team and going 8-8 last year.

..............Holmes quits on the team and whines to the media saying he's a scapegoat.

..............Your backup QB gets more press and attention than the "Sanchize" and is a wet and topless media whore.

..............Your #2 CB declares himself the #2 WR on the team.

Nothing I could write, or anyone else for that matter, can match this stuff. A laugh a minute. Only the 4th day of camp and the whole world is laughing. Just goes to show that people really do love a circus.

But please, relieve your embarrassment and pain by making fun of me, the Boston accent, the fact that it's been a WHOLE 8 YEARS since the Pats have won the SB.(LOVE that one!) Oh and be sure to try to deflect with a few mentions of spygate and Belichick being a scumbag.

C'Mon....Rex declaring himself the best defensive coach in the league.....after losing control of his team and going 8-8 last year.

..............Holmes quits on the team and whines to the media saying he's a scapegoat.

..............Your backup QB gets more press and attention than the "Sanchize" and is a wet and topless media whore.

Nothing I could write, or anyone else for that matter, can match this stuff. A laugh a minute. Only the 4th day of camp and the whole world is laughing. Just goes to show that people really do love a circus.

But please, relieve your embarrassment and pain by making fun of me, the Boston accent, the fact that it's been a WHOLE 8 YEARS since the Pats have won the SB.(LOVE that one!) Oh and be sure to try to deflect with a few mentions of spygate and Belichick being a scumbag.

I stopped reading around "Duh-der-derp-a-derp-a-duhhhhh."

Yeah, ok.

George Steinbrenner wasn't a very good person.

Jets fans: SERVED.

Archived