Manish Mehta and Gary Myers can F off with this kind of "reporting"

Lego My Lageman

Whats the big deal?

I dont see anything wrong with this piece.

I'll disagree with Myer though, I dont think Tebow forces his way out. Thats not his style. And he's probably better off just hanging out and hitting FA the following year anyway. That way he has control of his own destiny.

Whats the big deal?

I dont see anything wrong with this piece.

I'll disagree with Myer though, I dont think Tebow forces his way out. Thats not his style. And he's probably better off just hanging out and hitting FA the following year anyway. That way he has control of his own destiny.

Not only that, I'm not sure what it would even accomplish as assuming the Jets are actually happy with Tebow after this year, I'm not sure the Jets would be in any particular rush to make a move after one year. If anything, they'd probably tell his agent to go find them a team willing to give no less than a 4th for Tebow and then they'll talk (which I don't see happening).

Cut these JETS beat guys some slack.

Its the first week of the season and its been exhausting for JETS beat "reporters". Most of them had already completed their homework before the game with pieces of how the clowns SUCK and same ole JETS and what the JETS need to do to be competitive next season. And then they had to re do all their homework all over again after the game.

Tebow can want to be a QB in the NFL all he wants, but no one is likely to make a deal to acquire him to be anything more than a backup. He's in a good situation with the Jets, so I think Myers is wrong on this one. Tebow requesting a deal would make little sense.

I also disagree with the premise that he's not going to be on the field enough. He ran the ball 5 times (and handed it off a couple as well), and was in on special teams. I thought he was on the field plenty for his first appearance as a Jet, and I expect that we'll get increasingly creative with how we use them as the season goes on. Does anyone seriously think that he'd see the field MORE with any other team? This beats the hell out of carrying a clipboard.

Haha! This is awesome. Five days ago, the story was how long until Tebow takes over the starting job? One good game from Sanchez later, and Tebow is now looking to force his way out of town.

New York is the greatest city in the universe.

Haha! This is awesome. Five days ago, the story was how long until Tebow takes over the starting job? One good game from Sanchez later, and Tebow is now looking to force his way out of town.

yes it is...

The story is dumb without names. Just basing his desire to be traded on the belief he wants to play more than anything is stupid. He has done everything you could expect to be the perfect teammate and accepting of his role and even embracing it. I have to take that at face value. Plus, as stated above, he will be a free agent in two years and able to go wherever he wants.

It's really just a giant assumption based on his competitiveness. It's not that far-fetched as he has openly state he wants to be a starting quarterback, but forcing his way out of NY just doesn't seem like him. Collect the money, work on your release, play the good soldier and hit free agency in a year where you can decide where you want to go.

http://www.nydailyne...ticle-1.1158125

Anything to sell a paper. Someone with photoshop skills should do a piece with the media dressed as clowns.

I have a habit of getting all worked up over certain articles. This one didn't raise my blood pressure in the least. I do not agree with the article, but still does not bother me. I am with stonehands on this one. If he does want out he will most likely wait the additional year.

http://newyork.cbslo...-the-offseason/

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) - Will Tim Tebow be a New York Jet in 2013?

The backup quarterback will be under contract, but that doesn’t necessarily mean he’ll be wearing green and white once next season is under way.

The former first-round pick is currently the backup behind Mark Sanchez, and he’s repeatedly said that he’s perfectly fine with his role despite leading the Broncos to the playoffs last season.

But is he really OK not having his hands on the ball every play?

Not everybody thinks so. For someone who works as hard as Tebow does — and has had the success that Tebow has experienced — playing second fiddle and riding the bench may eventually be too much for him to handle.

“I think he will be a good soldier,” one NFL source told the New York Daily News on Wednesday. “At the end of the year, I think he will express those concerns to the Jets. He will want to move on. The one thing about Tebow is he is the quintessential team player. He would never do anything that is going to undermine the team. But he’s a ‘football-aholic.’ It’s in his blood.”

The source surmised that if Tebow’s role remains limited throughout the season, he will have a conversation with Jets executives and ask to be traded.

“Absolutely he will talk to the Jets, or we will have misevaluated his competitive nature,” the source added. “There comes a point where they get it and realize, ‘This is who I am,’ and just accept that role. Tebow is not there yet.”

In his Jets debut on Sunday, the 25-year-old didn’t throw a pass. He carried the ball five times and gained 11 yards.

The source goes on to say that the world will end in 2012, as foreseen by the Mayans. This reporter notes that these 2 opinion have an equal amount of evidence to support them.

Pretty amazing isnt it?

Thats why I dont get wrapped up in the media storms. They are all full of sh*t, like TomShane.

Tebow is going to surprise everyone. He will stay a Jet for the next two years as an "action" player. He will get some tatooes, drop the virginity angle and develop a hard edge to his personality. The jets will win the Super Bowl using the Sanchez-Tebow mix. In 2014 he will ride off on a Harley to become the Raiders starting QB where he will lead them to four or five Superbowls and be the ring leader of multiple on field fights! Rock em Tebow!

Archived