this was an L when they released the schedule

bitonti

on the road, against a Steelers team they only beat once in that city, in the history of the franchise.

I know we are all pissed but, let's be real. this was always gonna be a loss. Revis missing the game only made it more certain. The Steelers losing week 1 and the Jets blowing out the Bills also added to the difficulty.

but make no mistake, it was an expected L all the way. not like the Cards beating the Pats which was a game they should have had easily. There are certain games that are easier to win than others, this was never going to be an easy game.

the Jets can still have a very successful season, without beating the Steelers in their house week 2.

before the season I saw 9, 10 wins for this team, this was not counted among them. the Seattle game will also be a bitch to win. that's the only game the Jets have outside of the Eastern time zone.

There's a difference between losing to the Steelers and being non-competitive with a diminished Steelers team.

10-20 for most of the 2nd half is competitive. and we can call them diminished, I call them desperate. keeping the steelers winless in their building is a huge task. Take away Revis it's damn near impossible. they started hot, they fizzled but all in all we've all seen worse than today.

i don't expect the players and coaches to think like this. But in the smoke filled rooms in Vegas, this was not an ideal situation. Look at it objectively the Jets will have a dozen easier games than this, maybe more.

I'll respond to this point with a T0mShane point.

There's a difference between losing to the Steelers and being non-competitive with a diminished Steelers team.

Steelers OL had all kinds of problems with the Broncos because of injuries; they still have those injuries.Granted Denver is tough, but the Steelers looked pretty ordinary last week. Based on the early going this was a possible win. And it went to crap. Today our defense did very little they really worried about. And while we didn't have Revis if Harrision Polamalu were healhty it would have been way worse.

10-20 for most of the 2nd half is competitive. and we can call them diminished, I call them desperate. keeping the steelers winless in their building is a huge task. Take away Revis it's damn near impossible. they started hot, they fizzled but all in all we've all seen worse than today.

It's the way they lost that is so frustrating. The same problems as always - no consistent offense, missed tackles, lb's can't cover, wr's can't get off the line.....

The cherry on the cake today was Rex turning into Herm at the end of the first half and running out the clock when they only needed about 35 yds with plenty of time and 2 TO's.

That was embarrassing and for all of Rex's bravado and bragging that single decision says everything about how he feels about Sanchez

It's the way they lost that is so frustrating. The same problems as always - no consistent offense, missed tackles, lb's can't cover, wr's can't get off the line.....

i've seen everyone blaming the defense and the offense but let's not forget about Kirley's muff. that was as big a play as any in terms of winning and losing. You can't muff a punt and win this game. Period.

In other words they had to play perfect today to beat this team in this building. I am not saying it was impossible. But it was unlikely.

Steelers OL had all kinds of problems with the Broncos because of injuries; they still have those injuries.Granted Denver is tough, but the Steelers looked pretty ordinary last week. Based on the early going this was a possible win. And it went to crap. Today our defense did very little they really worried about. And while we didn't have Revis if Harrision Polamalu were healhty it would have been way worse.

The problems with the oline against denver didn't seem to be too glaring until the fourth quarter when Pitt was forced to pass every down, because they were behind. Additionally, they had the same exact problems wrapping up big ben until the end of the fourth quarter when they were sending the house. He's one of, if not the best quarterback that I've ever seen at shrugging off rushers and because of that he's able to extend the play, which exacerbates the problems in one's secondary.

Just like we had to temper our expectations after mollywhopping a seemingly decent Bills team, I think we have to moderate our frustrations after this loss. Sanchez didn't throw any picks, didn't seem to make any "what the hell were you thinking" throws, Kerley had that awful muffed punt, we had a few drops and were without Revis. Those aren't excuses as we got beat, but if we bounce back next week, we're still atop the division.

If I thought you were serious I'd say you are as bad as the homers. The reality is that we aren't as good as we looked last week and aren't as bad as we looked this week. I don't see how that's a surprise to anyone

Indeed, if we don't make the playoffs, losing a week 2 game at Heinz field will not be the reason.

It was ugly, but not give up on the season ugly.

I was expecting to come back down to earth. It's the Bad News Bears impression we have to do when the Patriots are begging us to lead the division, even if it's only a week

I was expecting to come back down to earth. It's the Bad News Bears impression we have to do when the Patriots are begging us to lead the division, even if it's only a week

We lose on the road in Pittsburgh, Patriots lose at home to Arizona.. and it's the Jets who are the bad news bears? LOL

on the road, against a Steelers team they only beat once in that city, in the history of the franchise.

I know we are all pissed but, let's be real. this was always gonna be a loss. Revis missing the game only made it more certain. The Steelers losing week 1 and the Jets blowing out the Bills also added to the difficulty.

but make no mistake, it was an expected L all the way. not like the Cards beating the Pats which was a game they should have had easily. There are certain games that are easier to win than others, this was never going to be an easy game.

the Jets can still have a very successful season, without beating the Steelers in their house week 2.

before the season I saw 9, 10 wins for this team, this was not counted among them. the Seattle game will also be a bitch to win. that's the only game the Jets have outside of the Eastern time zone.

WTF dude!

We lose on the road in Pittsburgh, Patriots lose at home to Arizona.. and it's the Jets who are the bad news bears? LOL

Nah that's about right. They lost Hernandez probably for 6 weeks, Welker has been demoted in favor of edelman, they had huge drops all game and Brady was hit/hurried/sacked much more than he's used to, but they've got nothing to worry aboout. Granted, they have earned the right to just assume their offense will click as they have shown it year after year. However, it is still humorous to see the drastic swings here from week to week.

Looking ahead to next week, we have a divisional game, which if we win we'll be 2-0 in and atop the AFCE. We lost to a tough Steelers team coming off a loss, in Pittsburgh for their home opener. Things could be much worse.

You know what, I hate this crap. There should be no auto L's on the schedule.

This was a winnable game.

The Steelers were banged up as well, looked very mediocre last week, and the Jets should have at least been in this game until the very end.

If the Jets are going to be a playoff team, they need to play better than the way they did yesterday.

That was not the 85 Bears they were going up against yesterday.

I don't even think the Steelers are a great team this year.

You know what, I hate this crap. There should be no auto L's on the schedule.

that's not that far from saying you expect the Jets to go 16-0. You can expect in one hand and piss in the other see which fills up faster. No the Steelers are not the 1985 bears but they are a good team with a better QB than ours and it was their home opener. In a stadium that the Jets have only won in once, in all the AFL history. the Jets are 1 and forever in that city. It's just not a likely game for them to win. Calling it winnable is being a homer. Every game is technically winnable, some are more winnable than others.

The cherry on the cake today was Rex turning into Herm at the end of the first half and running out the clock when they only needed about 35 yds with plenty of time and 2 TO's.

That was embarrassing and for all of Rex's bravado and bragging that single decision says everything about how he feels about Sanchez

This X1000

that's not that far from saying you expect the Jets to go 16-0. You can expect in one hand and piss in the other see which fills up faster. No the Steelers are not the 1985 bears but they are a good team with a better QB than ours and it was their home opener. In a stadium that the Jets have only won in once, in all the AFL history. the Jets are 1 and forever in that city. It's just not a likely game for them to win. Calling it winnable is being a homer. Every game is technically winnable, some are more winnable than others.

This pretty much sums it up.

The only unfortunate part was the way the Jets started the game. They let that one slip away. They had several missed opportunities.

To be quite honest, they played better than I expected. What we saw in the 2nd half, I expected all game long. The fact they came out with a fast start is promising. It means they prepared well, just didnt adjust as well as the Steelers did.

Communication is HUGE here. It was obviously a very big problem which can be expected playing on the road in Pitt for their home opener. That was a very loud crowd.

Perhaps the gayest thread in the history of the site, but what a perfect synopsis of why the Jets franchise has been playing its fans for suckers for decades.

Hold on a second? Your knocking someone for predicting a loss prior to the season but you've all offseason predicted utter doom for the Jets with Tebow starting in week 6.

Holy high horse I'm a better fan post from the biggest **** stick on the site.

This is priceless.

Considering the fact the have won once in 42-43 years in the state of Pennsylvania the result was not surprising. The Jets though once again will have an opportunity when they face the Dolphins on Sunday. New England goes to Baltimore to face the Ravens and Buffalo goes to Cleveland.

Hold on a second? Your knocking someone for predicting a loss prior to the season but you've all offseason predicted utter doom for the Jets with Tebow starting in week 6.

Holy high horse I'm a better fan post from the biggest **** stick on the site.

This is priceless.

Jif > Tom Shane

Considering the fact the have won once in 42-43 years in the state of Pennsylvania the result was not surprising.

Agreed. It's not that it was unwinnable. It's just that historically they lose that game. Just like how historically the Jets own the Bills early in the season. These trends exist. Are we supposed to pretend that they don't?

Archived