Coughlin vs. Schiano

Jetsfan80

42 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you agree with?

• Coughlin
    • Schiano

It was a ghey move. If Schiano wanted to win the game, he should have had his defensive backs, you know, cover somebody at some point.

Schiano following protocol when he gets to the big boy league isn't exactly something you can count on. You're talking about a guy that caused real financial consequences at Rutgers so he could ride around in a golf cart and get car allowances while he was fully aware of what he was costing the institution. One of the best history departments in the world was gutted at the expense of sh*t like forgiving his mortgage. He was fully aware of it, and demanded more. Housing went through the roof to satisfy him, (and Stringer). But hey, nothing like bailing after you've essentially bankrupted a few departments and been a primary factor in one of the largest regular tuition increases in the country. **** him. Unethical trash. Oh, and he still owes us money.

It's a total bush move. Perhaps the Bucs should've been more involved playing defense in the early 4th quarter rather than at the end, seeing how they manged to blow a 2 TD lead and give up 25 unanswered points. Blitzing Manning and leaving single coverage all 4th quarter was ...Schiano's decision?

Schiano following protocol when he gets to the big boy league isn't exactly something you can count on. You're talking about a guy that caused real financial consequences at Rutgers so he could ride around in a golf cart and get car allowances while he was fully aware of what he was costing the institution. One of the best history departments in the world was gutted at the expense of sh*t like forgiving his mortgage. He was fully aware of it, and demanded more. Housing went through the roof to satisfy him, (and Stringer). But hey, nothing like bailing after you've essentially bankrupted a few departments and been a primary factor in one of the largest regular tuition increases in the country. **** him. Unethical trash. Oh, and he still owes us money.

Yeah, but can you really put a price tag on beating Brian Brohm once?

Coughlin 100%. Schiano plays that college crap, and he's likely to end up back in college anyway.

That "play to the final whistle" stuff is overblown nonsense. The victory formation is NFL protocol that every NFL HC follows until Schiano. You play to the final whistle when both sides are actually playing. The Giants weren't going to run an offensive play. There is no way the Bucs couldve caused a fumble there.

Wasn't Schiano the highest paid government employee in NJ in the history of the state or something?

Coughlin 100%. Schiano plays that college crap, and he's likely to end up back in college anyway.

That "play to the final whistle" stuff is overblown nonsense. The victory formation is NFL protocol that every NFL HC follows until Schiano. You play to the final whistle when both sides are actually playing. The Giants weren't going to run an offensive play. There is no way the Bucs couldve caused a fumble there.

I think the whole point was there was at least a slight chance considering the Giants obviously didn't see that coming. I'd imagine they'll never even bother trying it again, not so much for the backlash, but they'll never again catch a team off-guard. The truth of the matter is you can debate how dirty of a move it was or wasn't, but if it had actually worked, Schiano would be getting praised for his genius.

+1

Schiano's the guido Jim Calhoun.

What I really can't get over is the ongoing crybabying. They didn't lose, nobody got hurt, shut up about it already. Like I said in the thread about the helmet-to-helmet hit on Sanchez - nobody gives a sh*t and Sanchez could actually be injured. Eli gets bumped a little too hard and OMG the world is ending in Giant land and everyone is JUST SO MEAN.

I'd hate to be Josh Freeman the next time he goes to take a knee. Even if it's at the half, I hope somebody jumps on his head.

Yep. Schiano's a moron.

Cant remember what show I was watching last night but they showed a replay of their first game. 6 point lead with time left on the clock taking a knee 3 times and Carolina didnt do that bush league sh*t.

+1

Schiano's the guido Jim Calhoun.

Probably worse considering the Huskies never accounted for $3 million in net loss per year.

And I love him coming out and saying that if people had watched RU they'd know that's how he coaches. First, RU never did that sh*t. Second, the whole 110% all the time narrative he's creating isn't remotely true considering the team came out flat half the time.

And I love him coming out and saying that if people had watched RU they'd know that's how he coaches. First, RU never did that sh*t. Second, the whole 110% all the time narrative he's creating isn't remotely true considering the team came out flat half the time.

3rd, I like Rutgers yet have trouble watching them.

Archived