Revis took in Steelers game from the bar

Matt39

Injured players don't travel with the team. He went to the bar to watch and have a drink. Whats the issue?

As RJF mentioned, it's not really advised to take in alcohol post-concussion. Even though there's virtually no evidence showing a correlation between food and drink intake to recovery time in the post-concussion period, it's still not advised. The theory is that you want to limit fat and alcohol intake, because the combined effect of fat and alcohol is a decreased delivery/concentration of oxygen in the brain, which could slow recovery time. Is it true? who knows, but it's best not to f*ck with it when all you have to do is not drink for a couple weeks.

As RJF mentioned, it's not really advised to take in alcohol post-concussion. Even though there's virtually no evidence showing a correlation between food and drink intake to recovery time in the post-concussion period, it's still not advised. The theory is that you want to limit fat and alcohol intake, because the combined effect of fat and alcohol is a decreased delivery/concentration of oxygen in the brain, which could slow recovery time. Is it true? who knows, but it's best not to f*ck with it when all you have to do is not drink for a couple weeks.

I'm with you though, so long as he's not doing anything against his doctor's orders, I think it's pretty cool to see him at a bar watching the game. I'd have to imagine he has a better TV and living area to watch the game in though.

This clarifies just so very much for me, personally.

The 17 sundays during the fall/winter have to take a collective two years off my life every season.

Sidenote: We had a giant conference recently on antioxidants and the "french paradox," which basically recommends one to four glasses of red wine or dark beer (including IPAs) a night. The polyphenols they have in them have pretty much every positive effect on your body you could want. I was waiting on the edge of my seat for them to mention fried, battered or smothered foods in the reports...but why would life be that awesome.

They blame alcohol for everything...meh

Well, heavy consumption of alcohol yea. Most reports actually show amazing effects of moderate ethanol use on cardiovascular conditions, cholesterol and brain function etc. And for what it's worth, most of these studies have moderate alcohol consumption at something around 1-4 glasses a day. The only stipulation is that red wine and the darker beers (stouts, lagers, IPAs etc.) are the ones who offer the most benefits, as they have more natural antioxidants in them then the light beers that have just regular ethanol. Sooo for all you dogfish head fans out there, :cheers:

What exactly do the trainers do for a concussion test and how much control do the players have?

They make you do things like repeat the months backwards, and other crap. If the guy has a few Patrons no wonder he can't pass it..

In all honesty, who cares. The team just doesn't want him getting hit in the head just yet. Unless his lady breaks a bottle over his head who cares

I've had my fair share of my brain rattling off its cage.. and usually RIGHT after it happens, alcohol is no bueno. But his timeframe.. I don't think it would be an issue. He is practicing, just no contact.

Speaking of which, Stone's Arrogant Bastard IPA that they just dropped is quite the awesome if you can find it on tap.

I'll have to check that out, it's hard to find it on tap anywhere, but my cousin's husband works for a beverage distributor and gets some bottles from some place down in Brooklyn. I've only been able to have their cali-belgique, self-righteous and ruination, all which were awesome. The Ruination was a bit bitter for me, but still pretty damned good. A bar up here in Troy is having a tap-takeover by Dogfish head and bringing something around 20ish beers. I was at their brewery down in deleware this summer and it was phenomenal, so I'm pretty stoked for that.

I'll have to check that out, it's hard to find it on tap anywhere, but my cousin's husband works for a beverage distributor and gets some bottles from some place down in Brooklyn. I've only been able to have their cali-belgique, self-righteous and ruination, all which were awesome. The Ruination was a bit bitter for me, but still pretty damned good. A bar up here in Troy is having a tap-takeover by Dogfish head and bringing something around 20ish beers. I was at their brewery down in deleware this summer and it was phenomenal, so I'm pretty stoked for that.

Dogfish Head is great. Going to South Jersey alot Ive been able to get that for some time and usually stop at their restaurant the few times I go to Lewis on the ferry. Really I think the only things I have tried from them that I wasnt crazy about was the Festina Peche and the World Wide Stout, though Id like to try the stout again. I grabbed a bottle of it by mistake and my tastes were headed in a different direction when I tried it. Everyone else I know raves about it.

Which bar in Troy? The Ruck? I likes Brown's beers in that city. Though the Adirondack brewery in Lake George is good stuff too.

And as faras Revis goes, well who cares. It just makes me feel good that I'm not the only person who has to drink to watch these games.

Which bar in Troy? The Ruck? I likes Brown's beers in that city. Though the Adirondack brewery in Lake George is good stuff too.

And as faras Revis goes, well who cares. It just makes me feel good that I'm not the only person who has to drink to watch these games.

Yep, it's The Ruck sometimes in November. It's their second annual and looks to be even better than the first time around. Great beers all around and for a dive in Troy, they have some pretty decent bar food as well.

Dogfish Head is great. Going to South Jersey alot Ive been able to get that for some time and usually stop at their restaurant the few times I go to Lewis on the ferry. Really I think the only things I have tried from them that I wasnt crazy about was the Festina Peche and the World Wide Stout, though Id like to try the stout again. I grabbed a bottle of it by mistake and my tastes were headed in a different direction when I tried it. Everyone else I know raves about it.

Definitely a big fan of their brewery, especially some of their brewpub exclusives that I was only able to have down at the restaurant. I had never had a beer pairing before and I was extremely impressed. Never considered the difficult in pairing beer with how full the flavors are and the varying hop content, but they did an awesome job. There's a few down there that were amazing, which I hope follow Midas' Touch and make it to national distribution. I've mainly lived off their 60 and 90 minute whenever I see it out, but their seasonals are pretty damned good as well; the aprihop in the spring is awesome for having with grilled chicken or most light BBQ meats and I always get a couple packs of the punkin ale for football season to go with turkey sandwiches/post-thanksgiving meal snacks.

Archived