Free Agency News & Rumors

Bleedin Green

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But if it is a short term rental at the right price that can upgrade the talent level at that position where the JETS Have lot of question marks then what's the harm in giving him a try.

As i said earlier in some thread yesterday. DHB should not have been drafted in the Top 10. The only route i have seen him run good is the straight line. But he have some Q marks at that straight line running and CATCHING the ball department!

Soooo, sign him because it's worth giving him a try, despite his route limitations and inability to consistantly catch the ball?

You know what? I'm actually on board with it.  I prefer my WRs to have sticky hands, and Gawd knows we need good pass-catchers to bail out Sanchez should he win the QB job....But given that this year is predicated on getting cap-healthy, and neglecting the big push to get blue-chip players...Why the hell not?!  Get a couple raw guys on roster with great intangibles and see if we can develop their skills for one year.  You cannot coach 4.3 speed. 

Last I heard:

Marcus tore out the hardware linking him to Skynet and assisted John in battling a new T-800 model 101 Terminator. John was mortally wounded during the fight, but succeeded in destroying the Skynet base by rigging several Terminator fuel cells to explode, detonating them as he, Marcus, Kyle, and Star were airlifted out. Kate attempted to save John's life, but his heart was too damaged. Marcus offered his own heart for transplant, sacrificing himself to save John. Recovering, John radioed to the other Resistance fighters that though that battle was won, the war is far from over.

That was the last you heard? That movie was a pre-quel, I think. He sends Kyle Reese back at the end...Kyle Reese being the guy who BAAAAAANGS his mom while visiting the past.

Last I heard:

Marcus tore out the hardware linking him to Skynet and assisted John in battling a new T-800 model 101 Terminator. John was mortally wounded during the fight, but succeeded in destroying the Skynet base by rigging several Terminator fuel cells to explode, detonating them as he, Marcus, Kyle, and Star were airlifted out. Kate attempted to save John's life, but his heart was too damaged. Marcus offered his own heart for transplant, sacrificing himself to save John. Recovering, John radioed to the other Resistance fighters that though that battle was won, the war is far from over.

Yup that's the way I recall it too. Nice job. ;)

That was the last you heard? That movie was a pre-quel, I think. He sends Kyle Reese back at the end...Kyle Reese being the guy who BAAAAAANGS his mom while visiting the past.

Oh my Gawd.  When a joke fails, just let it fail man. I'm obviously not a Terminator aficionado, hence the sloppy cut/paste job. 

Soooo, sign him because it's worth giving him a try, despite his route limitations and inability to consistantly catch the ball?

You know what? I'm actually on board with it.  I prefer my WRs to have sticky hands, and Gawd knows we need good pass-catchers to bail out Sanchez should he win the QB job....But given that this year is predicated on getting cap-healthy, and neglecting the big push to get blue-chip players...Why the hell not?!  Get a couple raw guys on roster with great intangibles and see if we can develop their skills for one year.  You cannot coach 4.3 speed. 

Price is important. And i do not expect him to be the next Jerry Rice. But he has some talent that can help us and speed. Didn't he almost get to a 1000 yards a couple of seasons ago. Did not quite make it to 1000 but was close.

I don't think Sanchez can throw to guys who are very fast.

Kerry Rhodes was just released.

The amount of safeties and corners cut or as FA this off-season is unprecedented

SIGN THIS.............never mind.

He was not bad. If only he made a few tackles.

In a way think about it instead of Rhodes playing like the rest of the league its the other way round. All the new rules means the league wants tacklers to play like Kerry Rhodes!

The amount of safeties and corners cut or as FA this off-season is unprecedented

Money. Age. Importance.   Teams are scoring 30 points a game on a regular basis now.  The playoff games were mostly 35-31 type of affairs. The Super bowl was a 34-31 affair.     So even with good defenses and good CBs, Safeties, teams are probably more interested in adding offense than defense.  Add defense through the draft.  

What were the most talked about deals so far?    Boldin to SF, Harvin to Seattle,  Welker probably to the Broncos.    And these were teams who already had good offenses.   The longer the Revis trade takes to happen, the more likely there will be no trade.   Not if he wants to kill some teams cap and the Jets want a ton of picks.    

Think about it.  The Ravens broke the bank for a super bowl MVP QB.  Now they are dumping or losing good players left and right.  Flacco might be worth all that money, we will see.   If a team pays Revis $15 Million per year, is he really worth not having other good players?  Especially considering we've already seen tons of teams cut their CBs & Safeties.

I just see it as most teams dont' want to pay a CB or Safety a ton of money.  Far more important positions in the league now than to kill the cap over them.

But, but, but... I thought the fact that the Phins ridiculously overpaid one safety totally proved that all DBs were now the most amazingly important players in all of the NFL.

Money. Age. Importance.   Teams are scoring 30 points a game on a regular basis now.  The playoff games were mostly 35-31 type of affairs. The Super bowl was a 34-31 affair.     So even with good defenses and good CBs, Safeties, teams are probably more interested in adding offense than defense.  Add defense through the draft.  

What were the most talked about deals so far?    Boldin to SF, Harvin to Seattle,  Welker probably to the Broncos.    And these were teams who already had good offenses.   The longer the Revis trade takes to happen, the more likely there will be no trade.   Not if he wants to kill some teams cap and the Jets want a ton of picks.    

Think about it.  The Ravens broke the bank for a super bowl MVP QB.  Now they are dumping or losing good players left and right.  Flacco might be worth all that money, we will see.   If a team pays Revis $15 Million per year, is he really worth not having other good players?  Especially considering we've already seen tons of teams cut their CBs & Safeties.

I just see it as most teams dont' want to pay a CB or Safety a ton of money.  Far more important positions in the league now than to kill the cap over them.

Eh.  

There are more important positions, but the idea that teams are throwing more doesn't decrease the value of corners.  Plenty of good players are cut at all positions, but I think DB is one of the easiest to assimilate.  Talib walked in mid-season and totally turned the Pats secondary around. 

I've seen your scoring estimates for the playoffs a couple of times and I disagree with you there.  No team broke 30 in the wild card or conference rounds.  The divisional round was super high scoring, but I think that might just be an aberration.  The average for the postseason was 30-21.

Eh.  

There are more important positions, but the idea that teams are throwing more doesn't decrease the value of corners.  Plenty of good players are cut at all positions, but I think DB is one of the easiest to assimilate.  Talib walked in mid-season and totally turned the Pats secondary around. 

I've seen your scoring estimates for the playoffs a couple of times and I disagree with you there.  No team broke 30 in the wild card or conference rounds.  The divisional round was super high scoring, but I think that might just be an aberration.  The average for the postseason was 30-21.

Not to mention what it takes to get into the post-season, when just about every team playing past the regular season was one of the top 10 defensive teams in the league.  I posted a breakdown of it a while back, but it was pretty clear cut that the vast majority of teams in the playoffs were top defenses in the league.  

Oh my Gawd. When a joke fails, just let it fail man. I'm obviously not a Terminator aficionado, hence the sloppy cut/paste job.

I did it let fail by announcing to the audience that it was not funny. Terminator 2 has liquid metal shape shifting Robert Patrick and Terminator 3 had a blend of the two with a hot vampire and also a souped up version of Arnold.

Boooooooooooo boooooooooo

Oh my Gawd. When a joke fails, just let it fail man. I'm obviously not a Terminator aficionado, hence the sloppy cut/paste job.

I did it let fail by announcing to the audience that it was not funny. Terminator 2 has liquid metal shape shifting Robert Patrick and Terminator 3 had a blend of the two with a hot vampire and also a souped up version of Arnold.

Boooooooooooo boooooooooo

Somehow, I believe you just made it funny.  

Well the Saint disagree with you.

Archived