Draft Day Scenario

j4jets

Draft Day Scenario  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Would you do this trade?

• Yes, in a heartbeat
    • No, would like to take the BPA at #13
    • Need more Compensation

Vikes are targeting a WR. Here's a likely draft day scenario (assuming Revis Trade is completed and we have the 9th and 13th pick).

At #9, Jets draft Milner - Who drops to them

Still on the board:

Mingo

Geno Smith - Slipped past Raiders, Cards, Bills

Tavon Austin

Cordarelle Patterson

Chance Warmack

Jonathan Cooper

Xavier Rhodes

Star Lotulelei

Jarvis Jones

With the 13th pick, and on the clock, Vikes call the Jets with their 22nd overall and their 2nd round pick (52nd overall). Its an even trade on the draft value chart (1150 points for the 13th pick and 1160 points for the Vikes Picks).

Do we pull the plug on the trade? There is a great chance couple of those players fall to #22.

What would you do? Take the additional 2nd rounder and pick whoever is left out of that group? Or take the BPA and say no thanks to Vikes?

Two things:

1. You have a list of 8 players (out of which Xavier Rhodes is redundant) but you are moving down 9 places in the draft. So not sure where you are going with this one. What if all 7 are off the board when you pick at 22nd position. So why do these 7 players come into play in the decision making ?

2. I do not care who is available or not. Trading down is beneficial to the JETS. Get more picks and at the 22nd position they can pick the BPA.

I'd do the trade in a heartbeat, we could get a passrusher, guard,TE/WR and a CB. I'm not happy about Revis being traded but if he is going to be we might as well get the best cb available even though there's almost zero chance as him being half as good as revis.

It sucks but it is what it is.

I would hate the milliner pick Revis or no Revis.

Warmack or Cooper have to be the pick @ 13 IMO.

Give me Mingo at 9.

I initially had Mingo at 9, but thought with Revis gone, we'd be looking at a corner in the first...especially if we trade down.

Two things:

1. You have a list of 8 players (out of which Xavier Rhodes is redundant) but you are moving down 9 places in the draft. So not sure where you are going with this one. What if all 7 are off the board when you pick at 22nd position. So why do these 7 players come into play in the decision making ?

2. I do not care who is available or not. Trading down is beneficial to the JETS. Get more picks and at the 22nd position they can pick the BPA.

1. Those are the players that have been linked to the Jets that might fall to them (no corners have been linked though from what I know). In this scenario, we'll have the chance to pick the BPA that we have been linked to, or just the opportunity to draft whoever is left out of that group at #22.

2. I agree. I think Idzik will be tempted to trade down if we trade Revis. It gives a high pick at #9, plus we can turn the #13 in to a #22 and a #52, plus our own 2nd, and a third from the Revis Trade. We can potentially have 6 picks out of the first 80 picks. Dream scenario.

I initially had Mingo at 9, but thought with Revis gone, we'd be looking at a corner in the first...especially if we trade down.

John Idzik was part of a front office that found Richard Sherman in rd 5. if he trades Revis he's not gonna need a top 10 pick to replace him. 

John Idzik was part of a front office that found Richard Sherman in rd 5. if he trades Revis he's not gonna need a top 10 pick to replace him. 

That doesn't matter. You don't find Richard Shermans every year in the 5th rounds.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/Value-Chart.php

I did this scenario on the draft forum and it looks to me like the draft value chart nets us both a second and a third.

too lazy to retype.  heres the other post:

My dream trade-down scenario would go a little something like this:
We get a one, three and six for revis, then trade from nine to 23 with the Vikings who have two #1s. We get their one in a swap, and gain there 2 and three (as per draft value chart). Leaving us with two 1s, two 2s, three 3s, a four, a five, two 6s and a seven. Profit.           

If the Jets still want to trade Revis, but haven't when they're on the clock, and Milliner's on the board at #9 - I could see them taking him just to help force Tampa's hand.

That'd be interesting, and ballsy. Idzik could get stuck with three really expensive corners if Tampa walks away. From what you read, though, Milliner will be off the board. The guy climbing is Desmond Trufant.

Gotta wonder if the league would schedule Tampa in the opener if they weren't 1000% sure the Revis trade was guaranteed to go down. The tea leaves would suggest that the hang-up is over a conditional issue, ie making the 2014 pick contingent on Revis' playing time or making All-Pro, etc.

I wouldn't.  I'd take Mingo at 9 and Austin at 13.  The jets need to put pressure on the quarterback from the outside and find a way to score tds; personally, I think those two picks answers that about as well you one could hope to in this draft.  You come away with Mingo and Austin and you've had yourself a hell of a thursday.

I wouldn't.  I'd take Mingo at 9 and Austin at 13.  The jets need to put pressure on the quarterback from the outside and find a way to score tds; personally, I think those two picks answers that about as well you one could hope to in this draft.  You come away with Mingo and Austin and you've had yourself a hell of a thursday.

Yes, please.

Austin got a 7 on the Wonderlic. A 7!

AJ Green's doing just fine with his 10 on the Wonderlic. Quite frankly I don't think these guys care that much or are well prepared for that test. Austin never missed a practice in college let alone a game and seems like he's got a great attitude (willing to play any position, wants to come in and work, watches film, etc). I care about that more than a test score.

3 is almost half of 7! 

Austin's alright, but I definitely prefer Mingo or Werner. 

Percentage wise it's not that different. You get a 20% or a 14% on a test it sucks either way. Point was just that the Wonderlic isn't all that significant when it comes to NFL success for wideouts.

Obviously you don't want them to trade Revis. But lets play pretend and say they do and you have both 9 and 13. If they take Mingo at 9, who would you want at 13?

Cooper only if the Revis deal happens and you get the extra first.

You're gonna trade a HoF CB and grab a guard? How did trading an all star pass rusher for a center go? 

If the Jets have two first rounders, they need to find two impact players. Pass rusher, WR, or the top TE would all be fine. Or Geno, if he's there and think he's the answer. 

http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/Value-Chart.php

I did this scenario on the draft forum and it looks to me like the draft value chart nets us both a second and a third.

too lazy to retype.  heres the other post:

My dream trade-down scenario would go a little something like this:

We get a one, three and six for revis, then trade from nine to 23 with the Vikings who have two #1s. We get their one in a swap, and gain there 2 and three (as per draft value chart). Leaving us with two 1s, two 2s, three 3s, a four, a five, two 6s and a seven. Profit.           

This I would do

Archived