Indoor Football League Wants Tim Tebow

slowmoe57

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is baller:

The Beef's current quarterback, James McNear, has led the team to a 5-1 start. He's completing 70 percent of his passes and has thrown for 21 touchdowns against just two interceptions.

McNear is anything but insulted by the Beef's wooing of Tebow.

"I think Tim can learn a lot from me," McNear said.

C'mon now. Why would people wanna insult Tebow? Its not like he did something wrong. He might not be a good NFL QB, but offering $75 a game? Some people just need a high five...in the face...with a chair (or bullet).

Yah, I thought that was a bit of a low blow.  

I'm not saying he wouldn't do it for free, but a guy the stature of Tim Tebow could make more in appearance fees to do public speaking tours, or church sermons relating to his struggles and what-not. 

$75 a game, is only $75 per week.  That's not a job. 

C'mon now. Why would people wanna insult Tebow? Its not like he did something wrong. He might not be a good NFL QB, but offering $75 a game? Some people just need a high five...in the face...with a chair (or bullet).

Probably because any publicity is good publicity. Even for an indoor team in Omaha.

Interesting post-thought:

Can a player get paid Unemployment benefits if he's "cut"?

My cousin received 70% of his (former) salary when he was laid off...70% of a several million dollar contract is pretty good cheddar.  

Interesting post-thought:

Can a player get paid Unemployment benefits if he's "cut"?

My cousin received 70% of his (former) salary when he was laid off...70% of a several million dollar contract is pretty good cheddar.  

Thats not true. Not in Texas at least. Texas has a max amount of $432 a wk regardless of how many figured check you made prior to that. And it pays UPTO 50% of your previous wages. And I know this through personal experience when Im in between contracts.

Yes, and I'm sure he, like all the others so greatly offended by this, feels the same way about the 100s of other NFL players who suffer a similar fate on a yearly basis.

Personally I never notice.  I just remembering being told of all the awesome packages for Tebow and he would get x amount of snaps per game.  Then I see the kid used as a punt protector.  On top of that... No way Mark could have played any worse.  Tebow got screwed here. Plain and simple.  I know other players get screwed every year but this was close enough that I actually noticed. 

Feel bad for the kid at this point.

Absolutely ! It was bad enough that the Jets traded for him but to then NOT USE HIM was a sin. What a bunch of dunderheads ! Give Tebow credit he never once said anything negative through out  his ordeal here. I wish him all the best.

Absolutely ! It was bad enough that the Jets traded for him but to then NOT USE HIM was a sin. What a bunch of dunderheads ! Give Tebow credit he never once said anything negative through out  his ordeal here. I wish him all the best.

I stillthink they brought him in as a patsie for Sanchez.  They know he would show up with media coverage and felt Sanchez could beat him out in camp regain his confidence.  Outplaying the mighty Tebow in training camp.  One problem...  Mark Sucks.  I wish the kid the best.

Not that the Jets didn't cause a lot of damage but Tebow isn't entirely blame free here. He insists he's a starting QB, and he's just not. Pride's the deadliest sin, as Timmy should be well aware. Plus, he refuses to consider switching positions, from everything I've ever read, and he comes with all the extra attention.

I'm not hoping he gets hit by a bus or anything, but a lot of this is his own stubbornness and his own brand, which he had long before he came to the Jets.

ETA: plus, if the Jets hadn't traded for him last year, the only other team interested was the Jaguars. Nobody else was clamoring for Tebow pre-2012.

Not that the Jets didn't cause a lot of damage but Tebow isn't entirely blame free here. He insists he's a starting QB, and he's just not. Pride's the deadliest sin, as Timmy should be well aware. Plus, he refuses to consider switching positions, from everything I've ever read, and he comes with all the extra attention.

I'm not hoping he gets hit by a bus or anything, but a lot of this is his own stubbornness and his own brand, which he had long before he came to the Jets.

ETA: plus, if the Jets hadn't traded for him last year, the only other team interested was the Jaguars. Nobody else was clamoring for Tebow pre-2012.

Can you blame him? as little as I wanted anything to do with this trade nothing he's actually done on Saturday and Sundays has proven anything other then he does find a way to win. If I was him I'd still be holding out to play QB. Truth is they should have let him go to Jacksonville, they would have at least let him play. Tanny has a long history of lying flat out to players, you heard about it every year and Tebow came here cause he thought(Correctly) Mark is so bad they'll have to give him a shot. The fact that I'm defending Tim Tebow makes me want to throw up in my mouth but this falls 100% on us, even with hindsight being 20/20 I can't think of anything they could have done to screw this up worse. It proved our owner was a meandering imbecile, Tanny is a clueless patsy and that him and Rex may have been on the same page but I don't think Rex can read.

Can you blame him? as little as I wanted anything to do with this trade nothing he's actually done on Saturday and Sundays has proven anything other then he does find a way to win. If I was him I'd still be holding out to play QB. Truth is they should have let him go to Jacksonville, they would have at least let him play. Tanny has a long history of lying flat out to players, you heard about it every year and Tebow came here cause he thought(Correctly) Mark is so bad they'll have to give him a shot. The fact that I'm defending Tim Tebow makes me want to throw up in my mouth but this falls 100% on us, even with hindsight being 20/20 I can't think of anything they could have done to screw this up worse. It proved our owner was a meandering imbecile, Tanny is a clueless patsy and that him and Rex may have been on the same page but I don't think Rex can read.

Again, not saying the Jets didn't screw this up hugely (they did) but at this point, Tebow has to be self-aware enough to know that if he wants to play football, he might have to consider signing on to learn to be a tight end.

Maybe the QB thing will fall into place later, but if he wants to not end up out of the NFL before he's 27, he's got to adjust to what other people want from him. This isn't a feel good movie, no team has any incentive to play Tebow at QB, not when every team in the league is looking for the next Tom Brady.

I just dont understand how the Jets screwed Tebow.  Maybe he was given false hope of what his role would be here or was brought in as a dog n pony show so Woody can sell more PSLs....but hey, its the NFL, nothing is promised for anyone. Plus, if he had that much talent as a QB then there would have been teams lined up to take him off waivers which there wasn't.  Teams didn't sign him bc the Jets screwed him... but bc he's not that good of a QB and doesn't really even fit the role of a solid back-up.  He is an all around great athlete, there is no doubting that...but that worked out better for him in college than it did in the NFL.

Sooo even if he was dcked around by the Jets all year in front of a major media venue then so be it.... I'll take that all day for the paycheck he was getting....how bout the guy who gets laid off by his work and was only making 40K a year and has two mouths to feed at home plus a mortgage..I would say that is being screwed by a company you work for....not by being signed by the New York Jets as a back-up QB with limited playing time for a cool couple million... that's a friggen luxury!  

Now dont get me wrong ..I am a big fan of Tebow and the way he represents himself....I even bought my son his jersey and would love to see the guy start for another NFL team as I feel he has great character and he is a tremendous athlete and could help another team to win....but I'm just not so sure that will be at starting QB....I wish him the best and enjoyed seeing him as a Jet and would have loved to seen him out there more at times.... but by all means...he didn't get screwed.  

The Jets screw Tim Tebow and folks are happy? I hope anyone who wishes bad on Tebow has it happen to a son,grandson or nephew or better yet themselves.

Tebow was never given a fair chance here. End of story.

How did the jets screw tebow? If he was good, He have won the starting job or at least would have done more with his opportunities. If he was good he wouldn't have cleared waivers.

Jets didn't screw him and they didn't use him wrong. The only way his game works is with broken plays where teams have to respect the pass and he scrambles when the play breaks down. That is not the same thing as a planned run. You can't duplicate spontaneity. They gave him a shot and it didn't work. They tried to trade him and not one team even offered a 7th in 2014, so he was cut. Happens every season to hundreds of players. But because its tebow we screwed him.

The Jets screw Tim Tebow and folks are happy?  I hope anyone who wishes bad on Tebow has it happen to a son,grandson or nephew or better yet themselves. 

Tebow was never given a fair chance here. End of story.

lol....if he could come close to hitting the side of barn they might have given him a fair chance...

lol....if he could come close to hitting the side of barn they might have given him a fair chance...

Mark Sanchez sucked big time last season. Tebow on his worst day was never as bad as Sanchez was. The Jets never gave the kid a chance all because they knew he would have outplayed Rexs golden boy Sanchez. The Jets could have held open tryouts in the parking lot and found 5 QBs better than Sanchez.

Archived