Is Idzik kicking himself for not drafting EJ Manuel yet?

Kleckineau

Have any of you watched any Bills preseason? This kid Manuel looks very polished. Bills may have hit on a very good one here. From what it looks like so far Kolb has been lousy leading to the strong speculation that Manuel will be the starter.  Also, granted, the Bills D really sucked last year but Pettines defense looks like a big improvement for them thus far.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welllll, let's see. We haven't even played our 2nd pre-season game yet. I think it's safe to say that Idzik is not worried. Manuel by all accounts, had a 4th round grade. A couple of good games against the scrubs in game 2 and a pretty good performance in game 1 do not offer enough to make a judgement. Geno looked OK in game 1. They gave him short stuff when he was in there. Idzik is building from the DLine and OLine oot. At the beginning of the 2015 season, we can look back and make a judgment.

Being an FSU fan I can tell you the EJ struggles a lot when it comes to the pressure of big games. A cpl preseason games won't determine what he will look like come reg season. He benefited a lot from a strong run game the Noles had. He may develop into a good QB in the league, but he struggles when forced to take over a game through the air.

Welllll, let's see. We haven't even played our 2nd pre-season game yet. I think it's safe to say that Idzik is not worried. Manuel by all accounts, had a 4th round grade. A couple of good games against the scrubs in game 2 and a pretty good performance in game 1 do not offer enough to make a judgement. Geno looked OK in game 1. They gave him short stuff when he was in there. Idzik is building from the DLine and OLine oot. At the beginning of the 2015 season, we can look back and make a judgment.

Buffalo played last night and Manuel threw a nice TD pass to Brad Smith. With his running ability, I think Manuel could be the savior QB the Bills have needed since Jim Kelly. I'm not saying, I'm just sayin. On the other hand we haven't seen enough of Geno Smith to know if Idzik should have used that 13th pick on Manuel or not. My guess is that Manuel may prove more athletic than Smith, who sprained and ankle with no contact in a clumsly scramble out of the pocket, but Smith may be comparable enough to make it a wash.

Being an FSU fan I can tell you the EJ struggles a lot when it comes to the pressure of big games. A cpl preseason games won't determine what he will look like come reg season. He benefited a lot from a strong run game the Noles had. He may develop into a good QB in the league, but he struggles when forced to take over a game through the air.

This, let's wait till the season starts before we crown him. 

That's a bit exaggerating. Yes he struggle like all have but it wasn't to a huge degree as your putting it. Also without his legs not sure if they could run those off tackle plays with Thompson or Wilder they they usually ran from shotgun two back set. When it comes to taking the game over through the air I would agree he's not the best at that but when you consider the entire package, he's something special.

As for the preseason games, you have to like his ability to escape the pocket. Because of that it seems as if the pass rushers aren't as aggressive to get up field to apply pressure. So I now his O-line appreciate that attribute.

Updated: August 17, 2013, 4:26 PM ET
By Mike Rodak | ESPN.com

Buffalo Bills quarterback EJ Manuel will miss the remainder of the preseason after an MRI revealed swelling in his left knee, the team announced Saturday.

Manuel will undergo a "minor knee procedure," the Bills announced.

"He will miss the remainder of the preseason and then be re-evaluated at that time," coach Doug Marrone said in a statement.

Veteran Kevin Kolb will start Buffalo's third preseason game, next Saturday against theWashington Redskins.

Manuel played the entire third quarter of Friday's win over the Minnesota Vikings, completing 10 of 12 passes for 92 yards and a touchdown. The team did not announce any injury to Manuel during the game.

Marrone also announced that wide receiver Kevin Elliott "has a torn ACL and will miss the remainder of the season."

Rick Mirer finished ahead of Drew Bledsoe in ROY voting. That was after A FULL season of REAL games.

So let that sink in before drawing conclusions based on 1 preseason game and some practices.

If I remember correctly both Bledsoe and Mirer had very Sanchezesque stats their 1st season. But your point is undeniable. Manuel has done nada. Guess some of us (me?) are willing to post any observation to get off this effin Sanchez sucks / no he doesnt tredmill

Manuel was my favorite QB in the draft, but no one outside of the Bills' front office doesn't think he went at least one full round early. Meanwhile, the general consensus was that the Jets stole Geno in the second round. Let's hope that's true.

That's a bit exaggerating. Yes he struggle like all have but it wasn't to a huge degree as your putting it. Also without his legs not sure if they could run those off tackle plays with Thompson or Wilder they they usually ran from shotgun two back set. When it comes to taking the game over through the air I would agree he's not the best at that but when you consider the entire package, he's something special.

As for the preseason games, you have to like his ability to escape the pocket. Because of that it seems as if the pass rushers aren't as aggressive to get up field to apply pressure. So I now his O-line appreciate that attribute.

Did you watch FSU all yr, and in past yrs? Bc I did. EJ struggled when it came the big games against the more talented teams. Can better coaching and experience in NFL help him improve on that? Sure. But, that will be seen down the road. Not after two preseason games, and now he will miss the final two ones.

Archived