Jets \ Jaguars Game Thread

Maxman

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The absence of a running game is gonna make this year brutal... And for the record I'm glad the went for it. Eff it at this point...

Bilal Powell has 68 yards on 7 carries this half.

Go for it, yes, but the QB has to know that if you don't have the TD in two seconds, you have to throw it away and kick the FG. Dumb play by Sanchez. Just dumb.

AND you like the Jets? Ouch. Talk about frustration.

Like them? Hell no.  I hate these ****ers.  More bad times than good. But who quits on their team and roots for a new team?  Quitters.  Thats who. And Im no quitter.  Im keeping my seat warm on the bandwagon for the slight chance the Jets might actually be a super bowl team sometime in my life.

Maybe Rex was resting Geno because he know he will be week One starter!!

In hindsight I now don't think it was that dumb.

If Sanchez has a great game, then people will accept him starting over the rookie (at least to start weeks 1-2).  Rex is a lame duck coach this year and doesn't want to break in his second rookie QB (starting with the first game of the season) in 5 years.

If Sanchez sucks, it's "Hey I never said the competition was over" and he leaves himself room to start Geno.

Bilal Powell has 68 yards on 7 carries this half.

Go for it, yes, but the QB has to know that if you don't have the TD in two seconds, you have to throw it away and kick the FG. Dumb play by Sanchez. Just dumb.

Yeah, no sh*t.

Besides, the year before last the Giants won the SB and were dead-last in both total rushing yards and rushing yards per attempt.

I'm missing the game but can someone tell me how we're looking? I see the stat line and that Sanchez threw a pic but was looking good that first drive, so anyone have an overall grade?

Jekyll & Hyde playing QB.  Jags suck so making us look decent at times.  Defense is sleeping.  Greg Buttle is in regular season form.

I'm missing the game but can someone tell me how we're looking? I see the stat line and that Sanchez threw a pic but was looking good that first drive, so anyone have an overall grade?

It hasn't been awful but hasn't been great. 

Sanchez - really good start, but two beyond stupid plays which have effectively cost us six points which we can't afford to do.

Powell has had a really good game and run game looks much improved.

Defense has struggled to be honest which is slightly worrying. Harris really struggling against the pass game.

Overall I'd say we've probably been a C+ so far? Not sure how others would grade us though.

Archived