Official Game Thread Opening Day New York Jets vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers 1 EST FOX

jetsrule128

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Geno made the one mistake. But there were a LOT of positives about his first half.

Well, 2 mistakes.  Maybe 3 with the huge sack.

There's been a few things to like.  Nothing we've seen so far says he can't develop into a player, but just as most of us thought, he's not quite ready yet.

Credit to Mornhinweg too. He's ditching the plays that don't work right quick.

But I thought if you just kept running them over and over and over again, they would eventually start to work.  Plus it would catch the defense off guard, because they would think no team would possibly be stupid enough to keep trying the same plays that don't work.  It's brilliance I tell ya.

jets get the ball first.  it would be nice to see Cumberland back, I don't expect to see kerley again today

pretty key drive for geno.  the kid has a fastball, and good poise for a rookie.  sure some mistakes, but I would trust him enough to keep calling some passes on 1st down.

I would like to see a deep shot to hill if it's there

Agreed. There is definitely something to build on. Now, if he can only drop back without running for his life...

He will learn as time goes on that he cannot hold on so long with the ball. Rookie mistakes... I'll be happy to just get out of week 1 with a win. Take the media bullsh*t following up to next game and try to punch the Patriots in the mouth. I hope that's how it plays out at least...

There's been a few things to like.  Nothing we've seen so far says he can't develop into a player, but just as most of us thought, he's not quite ready yet.

Agreed, definitely plenty of reason for optimism though.  I'm not even exaggerating when I say that, while his accuracy is in need of a lot of work, he already seems to do a better job of reading the defense than Sanchez ever did after 4 years.

jets get the ball first.  it would be nice to see Cumberland back, I don't expect to see kerley again today

pretty key drive for geno.  the kid has a fastball, and good poise for a rookie.  sure some mistakes, but I would trust him enough to keep calling some passes on 1st down.

I would like to see a deep shot to hill if it's there

This would arguably be better than winning.

Randy-Moss-one-handed-TD-catch.jpg

Tough to call the strip sack a mistake. He was a split second from throwing it and the defensive player made a great play. The sack he probably should have taken but he tried to make a play and had no throw away option

Meanwhile he's completing 60% of his passes.  1 TD, 1 pick, and 1 fumble.

Far from the worst first NFL game I've seen.  We see worse games like this from veterans every week.

Definitely making some rookie mistakes, but also clearly surveying the field, looking around at more than just his primary read.  

Could say he's hanging his receivers out to dry, but another way of looking at it - and the refs agree - is TB is playing dirty, just taking out our guys.  Throw to Cumberland had 3 guys around him and it was dead on the money 20(?) yards downfield.

I see big mistakes, and I see hope.  Whatever.  It's one half of one game.  But he looks a lot better/different than he did in that pre-season game.  Which is why you don't judge a player's lifetime potential or worth from one freaking rookie pre-season game.

Meanwhile he's completing 60% of his passes.  1 TD, 1 pick, and 1 fumble.

Far from the worst first NFL game I've seen.  We see worse games like this from veterans every week.

Definitely making some rookie mistakes, but also clearly surveying the field, looking around at more than just his primary read.  

Could say he's hanging his receivers out to dry, but another way of looking at it - and the refs agree - is TB is playing dirty, just taking out our guys.  Throw to Cumberland had 3 guys around him and it was dead on the money 20(?) yards downfield.

I see big mistakes, and I see hope.  Whatever.  It's one half of one game.  But he looks a lot better/different than he did in that pre-season game.  Which is why you don't judge a player's lifetime potential or worth from one freaking rookie pre-season game.

Brandon Weeden has 3 picks so far.

Archived