The 2014 QB class

Integrity28

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rivers is a huge steal...got him off waivers! 

Yup. I got him in R11 when the only other starting QBs on the board were literally Ponder, Geno and Pryor. All 3 of which went undrafted, thus making Rivers the last QB taken, and a top 10 QB in my scoring system. 

He and Jordan Cameron have helped me go 3-1, with my one loss coming by less than 3 points. In a scenario where I drafted remotely and when I asked for Hartley I was told he was gone, when in fact he wasn't. I ended up with Janikowski instead in week 1, and came up just short of the win. I got Hartley off waivers for week 2. I didn't make a stink over it, getting accidentally hosed by your drunk friends in round 17 when you are drafting via google hangouts and can't see the draft board could have been worse I suppose.

You really don't think Geno's shown anything? :face:

Never said that....I root for the guy, I really do...I dont even know how to not root for whoever is in there just so I can see a backup get in and play.  But if Geno throws 2 picks tonite I would like to see him come out and reflect on his turnovers from the sideline for a little bit. Unless Geno a fragile mind then it wont affect him...

Yup. I got him in R11 when the only other starting QBs on the board were literally Ponder, Geno and Pryor. All 3 of which went undrafted, thus making Rivers the last QB taken, and a top 10 QB in my scoring system. 

He and Jordan Cameron have helped me go 3-1, with my one loss coming by less than 3 points. In a scenario where I drafted remotely and when I asked for Hartley I was told he was gone, when in fact he wasn't. I ended up with Janikowski instead in week 1, and came up just short of the win. I got Hartley off waivers for week 2. I didn't make a stink over it, getting accidentally hosed by your drunk friends in round 17 when you are drafting via google hangouts and can't see the draft board could have been worse I suppose.

fckn friends! aint worth a sh*t sometimes I tell ya....I got Juluis Thomas off waivers too....i like to consider myself the waiver wire guru.  In time, I feel, I will become the JN Guru.  

fckn friends! aint worth a sh*t sometimes I tell ya....I got Juluis Thomas off waivers too....i like to consider myself the waiver wire guru.  In time, I feel, I will become the JN Guru.  

I won the championship last year with 4 players left from my original draft.

Alfred Morris, Randall Cobb, Dennis Pitta, David Wilson, Denario Alexander all off of waivers and contributed to my run ... Forte, Matt Ryan, Demarco Murray and Julio Jones were the only 4 players left from my draft. 

I won my first championship years ago by plugging in Marcel Shipp in a pinch in week 16. My first of many. :)

You must have been the kingpin of your fantasy football fantasy draft barbecue.

You must have been the kingpin of your fantasy football fantasy draft barbecue.

I am to fantasy football draft barbecues, what you are to humorless inside jokes that aren't jokes but if you say them enough repeatedly you sometimes get people to go along with you because they don't want to be the ones to admit they don't get it. :P

Alfred Morris, Randall Cobb, Dennis Pitta, David Wilson, Denario Alexander all off of waivers and contributed to my run ... Forte, Matt Ryan, Demarco Murray and Julio Jones were the only 4 players left from my draft. 

I won my first championship years ago by plugging in Marcel Shipp in a pinch in week 16. My first of many. :)

I bid on Morris last year and am still pissed to today I didnt get him.....had Cobb first couple weeks n dropped him like as ass!

Austin Collie came off the waivers n took me to my fist championship when he played that last year w Peyton...........Maybe this is why I have so much faith in guys like Simms n Spadola...I see first hand what a bench guy can do for you squad if you just give them a chance.  

I bid on Morris last year and am still pissed to today I didnt get him.....had Cobb first couple weeks n dropped him like as ass!

Austin Collie came off the waivers n took me to my fist championship when he played that last year w Peyton...........Maybe this is why I have so much faith in guys like Simms n Spadola...I see first hand what a bench guy can do for you squad if you just give them a chance.  

Yeah, you lost me when you equated a fantasy football bench with the NFL practice squad. LOL

I'm the Buffalo Bills of fantasy football. I've lost quite a few championship games, Two years ago I lost the championship in both leagues I played both on the same play. It was the play that Brees set the record for passing yards in a season when he threw the TD to Sproles. One of my opponents had Brees, the other had Sproles. 

I hate both of them as a result. 

Because of this ^^^^

It reminds me of Tim Tebow. If you say one thing about this guy you end up getting "the run down". Not to mention that Johnny football is far from humble, and the only position I feel that you can really base a critical decision outside of field production is the QB position. 

Can you give him the keys and know he's not going to crash all over the highway going a 150mph? I dont think anyone can say for certain. It looks great in college. The pros....different story. 

If you think Manziel and Tebow are in the same stratosphere as far as NFL QB talent you just don't know what your watching, Tebow can't hit the back side of  a barn, runs like a slow fullback.  Manziel can hit a dime 40 yards down the field while running, and throwing it across his body, and not to mention is the most shiftiest QB I have seen since Pryor when running, and has twice the speed Tebow ever had.  Oh yea, and his mechanics are mile ahead of Tebow's today, and Tebow has had what 5 years of NFL coaching?

One day I wish my Jets could have a QB we could all be like, "Damn he don;t suck that much as the others."  Sadly no way we lose enough to win Bridgewater from the Jags.  Johnny Football in NY will be a bigger circus than anything we have seen whether he sucks or not.

If he sucks it's a circus, if he doesn't it's a Broadway show, Joe Namath already proved that.

Only problem with this theory is there's no reason to believe that the Jets would have ever drafted Richardson over Milliner, particularly if Revis was still gone in that scenario.

Very fair point.  If Geno sucks balls, and next years draft turns out to be considered a 2 can't miss QB draft like Luck, and RGIII were considered, do you trade Richardson for the 2nd overall pick next year in this scenario.  Again assuming there is considered to be an RGIII talent (pre knee injury, and not talent because he can run, I just mean he is considered a can't miss franchise QB, regardless of his skillset  running QB, or traditional pocket passer)?

Lacy made a holy sh*t type of run yesterday. He's an animal.

There is going to be a RB in this draft that wil make Lacy, and this Duke dude look like dodo, his name is Lache Seastrunk, he is far, and away the best RB available in the up coming draft, he has it all power, speed, and is a 3 down back, the type of horse you ride for 5-7 years until his body gives out, dude is averaging like 17 yards per carry, or some crazy sh*t like that, has a TD, and 100 yards rushing in like 10 straight games dating back to last season, and he only gets like 10-15 carries Max per game because his team is up 56-14 at halftime.  He breaks 80 yard runs every other week, and not because he goes around the corner, and is faster than everyone else, he actually takes it between the tackles, breaks 2 arm tackles, and then trucks the safety, and then he hits the acceleration button, and out runs the rest of the DB's to the endzone, dude is sick, has the best size, and speed combo I've seen since AP, he isn't in AP's stratosphere, but nobody is right now, or has been since maybe Bo Jackson, and I might be disrespecting Bo here, as good as AP is, nobody should be considered to be in the Bo Jackson category pre hip injury, dude was the greatest athlete I have ever seen, and it's not even close.

You're basing your love for Simms on preseason games where he only played in the second half against auto-mechanics. 

Having followed his college career, there's a reason this guy wasn't drafted and it's not because he's a late bloomer.

Being chased by some random guy off the street who won't make an NFL roster is a little different than being chased by Osi Umenyiora. 

You are correct, but it's not because he wasn't talented enough either thou, it's because he was a spoiled, priveleged, immature a$$hole who thought everything got handed to him, and when it stopped getting handed to him he got a smack in the mouth, he missed like 3 years of having to work hard, and has played catch up ever since, and it seems like he just might be realizing his talent now that he has put the hard work in, and got caught up on the time he missed skating through on talent alone.  We won't know unless he actually gets a chance to show it whether it's here, or somewhere else, and he will get a chance somewhere as long as he continues to work hard, because of his last name alone.  Hell the dude the Bills are going to start at QB this week I've never even heard of, and I watch way to much football, and know way to many players names.

I'm the Buffalo Bills of fantasy football. I've lost quite a few championship games, Two years ago I lost the championship in both leagues I played both on the same play. It was the play that Brees set the record for passing yards in a season when he threw the TD to Sproles. One of my opponents had Brees, the other had Sproles. 

I hate both of them as a result. 

I had Brees and Sproles.

Reminds me of my 1st FF championship, I only had 1 guy in my starting LU in the championship game that I drafted, it didn't hurt that that was LT back in 2004 lol, but I remember riding the Bills late season charge getting 100 yards, and a TD from the BU to McGahee, Shaud Williams, and a big game from L Evans, Plummer, and Gates (big WW pick up) also had huge games that week, and I killed the dude I played.  Shaud Williams, and Jake Plummer, never forget that lol.

Namath won a Superbowl.  Do we dare dream?  LOL

That's the point, the beat writers will lick his a$$hole with fluff articles if he wins the super bowl, but if he sucks they will be following him around every where he goes tweeting every single smile he makes at a girl, and saying they just saw Manziel pick up a hooker, there is no middle in this town, never will be again the days of professional courtesy that guys like Mantle got all ended, the straw that broke the back was when that reporter who was finally the first to break the unwritten rule of a sports writter, put that blonde bimbo on the front page of the paper that ARod was screwing on the road behind his wifes back.

That's the point, the beat writers will lick his a$$hole with fluff articles if he wins the super bowl, but if he sucks they will be following him around every where he goes tweeting every single smile he makes at a girl, and saying they just saw Manziel pick up a hooker, there is no middle in this town, never will be again the days of professional courtesy that guys like Mantle got all ended, the straw that broke the back was when that reporter who was finally the first to break the unwritten rule of a sports writter, put that blonde bimbo on the front page of the paper that ARod was screwing on the road behind his wifes back.

Truth.

The SEC's all time leading passer?  I dont know about that.  Higher completion percentage, more yards, a lot more TD's.  As a NCAA player, its not even comparable.  Might be right at the next level, but Murray will be coming out 5x the player of Clemens.

He might be better than Clemens but not 5x.  When he plays against top team; his level of production drops consistently almost every time.  I'm very skeptical about Bridewater for the simple fact that he only plays against college garbage.

When we look back at this in five years.  

Johnny Football

The h8ters can say what they want.  This kid will star.

I want Johnny Football for the Jets too but I know it's not going to happen.  Things never work out for us.  Remember when we had the #1 overall pick 2 years in a row and Peyton Manning decided to come back for his junior and senior seasons. 

If you think Manziel and Tebow are in the same stratosphere as far as NFL QB talent you just don't know what your watching, Tebow can't hit the back side of  a barn, runs like a slow fullback.  Manziel can hit a dime 40 yards down the field while running, and throwing it across his body, and not to mention is the most shiftiest QB I have seen since Pryor when running, and has twice the speed Tebow ever had.  Oh yea, and his mechanics are mile ahead of Tebow's today, and Tebow has had what 5 years of NFL coaching?

I agree with all that. Im not comparing his skill to Tebows, just the fan fair. When I mean that im not sold on Johnny it doesnt mean I feel he hasnt done well in college. He's a beast, obviously. The transition from college to the pros is what im not sold on to clarify. I could be totally wrong, wouldnt be the first or last time. 

I agree with all that. Im not comparing his skill to Tebows, just the fan fair. When I mean that im not sold on Johnny it doesnt mean I feel he hasnt done well in college. He's a beast, obviously. The transition from college to the pros is what im not sold on to clarify. I could be totally wrong, wouldnt be the first or last time. 

Gottcha, it's tough comparing College, and NFL.  If we are talking strictly college football, I would have a tough time disputing that Tim Tebow was the greatest college player of all time, I could argue it, but I couldn't dismiss it as crazy talk.  But NFL wise I can dismiss anyone saying Tim Tebow is a good NFL QB, or can be as crazy talk.

• 4 years later...
On 10/7/2013 at 7:50 PM, TuscanyTile2 said:

I want Johnny Football for the Jets too but I know it's not going to happen.  Things never work out for us.  Remember when we had the #1 overall pick 2 years in a row and Peyton Manning decided to come back for his junior and senior seasons. 

What fool said this?!

7 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

WOW WE ARE ALL F*CKING IDIOTS, GUYS

I'd like to take this time to say that once again, all these necro threads prove that my draftnik game is on point.  Ok, maybe it was aggressive saying Aaron Murray would be 5x the prospect of Kellen Clemens but the rest of my takes...predicting Jameis would #1 overall...come'on, I'm just the best at this sh*t. 

Archived