Maurice Jones-Drew available

joewilly12

In a radio interview Monday, Rex Ryan stated the obvious: The Jets will have to add depth at running back or wide receiver. Injuries (and a suspension) have struck down a handful of players at those positions, most recently a knee injury that has ended Mike Goodson's season. A Jets offense which ranks No. 29 in the NFL in scoring now seems even more powerless.

Coupled with reports that the Jacksonville Jaguars have made Maurice Jones-Drew available via trade, desire has reignited among fans that the Jets could swing a deal for the running back.

Unless the Jags have reduced their price, though, a trade doesn't seem like a fit. Back in August the Jets were not interested.

Despite racking up 141 yards over his last two games, Jones-Drew's on-field production doesn't seem worthy of a hefty price tag. He is averaging 2.9 yards per carry this season coming off a year mostly wiped out by a Lisfranc injury.

In a radio interview Monday, Rex Ryan stated the obvious: The Jets will have to add depth at running back or wide receiver. Injuries (and a suspension) have struck down a handful of players at those positions, most recently a knee injury that has ended Mike Goodson's season. A Jets offense which ranks No. 29 in the NFL in scoring now seems even more powerless.

Coupled with reports that the Jacksonville Jaguars have made Maurice Jones-Drew available via trade, desire has reignited among fans that the Jets could swing a deal for the running back.

Unless the Jags have reduced their price, though, a trade doesn't seem like a fit. Back in August the Jets were not interested.

Despite racking up 141 yards over his last two games, Jones-Drew's on-field production doesn't seem worthy of a hefty price tag. He is averaging 2.9 yards per carry this season coming off a year mostly wiped out by a Lisfranc injury.

Holy sh*t dude.  lmfao.  Is there a player in the league you dont want to trade for?

If you thought you were a RB away from a super bowl and hoped MJD had one more run in him,  I guess so, but for the jets, what's the point?  He's not going to do much more than what they have now and if they trade a 3rd round pick for the guy,  it's a waste.

Powell has proven to be more than serviceable and Ivory, with his legs underneath him, and seeminly healthy has been popping off 5 yards per carry the last two games, albeit with limited touches.  With the heart of New Englands' defense out (especially with Tommy Kelly and Mayo potentially out), hopefully these two can do some damage between the tackles.

I would pass on Mojo, he just seems on the wrong end of his career and his explosiveness is just gone at this point. 

plus I am hearing RB Miguel Maysonet is about to sign to practice squad. I love this move as he is from my home town. I hope he makes it.

He sounded like a great underdog story coming out of college -- undersized, small-school gut with lots of production.  

Jones-Drew is on the back half of his career. Im happy with Powell and if Ivory can stay healthy I think were ok there for the year. 

The thing is, it doesnt seem as if he can stay healthy. Not saying we should go for Drew, he is on the back end of his career. However, that back end is still better than Ivory. I prefer to save the money though and just load up in the draft on young players. We all knew deep down what this season was. 

The thing is, it doesnt seem as if he can stay healthy. Not saying we should go for Drew, he is on the back end of his career. However, that back end is still better than Ivory. I prefer to save the money though and just load up in the draft on young players. We all knew deep down what this season was. 

I agree that he cant stay healthy, however i dont agree that his back end is better then ivory. I have seen nothing from him that tells me i want him any where near this team. 

I agree that he cant stay healthy, however i dont agree that his back end is better then ivory. I have seen nothing from him that tells me i want him any where near this team

lol Obviously you havent been looking. That statement alone simply confirms it. His back end not being better than Ivory? Ivory doesnt even have a beginning let alone a back end. Again, im not saying that you should want him, I dont even want him given that it wont translate into a championship, however "anywhere near this team"....really? This dude even wearing a Jets uniform would put him as the best Jets RB since Martin easily.

lol Obviously you havent been looking. That statement alone simply confirms it. His back end not being better than Ivory? Ivory doesnt even have a beginning let alone a back end. Again, im not saying that you should want him, I dont even want him given that it wont translate into a championship, however "anywhere near this team"....really? This dude even wearing a Jets uniform would put him as the best Jets RB since Martin easily.

i can say that i dont watch any jaguars games and i only know of what he has done through being on one of fantasy teams and i havent been impressed at all. im happier with what we have. 

Thats not to say I wont cheer for him if he did put on a jets uniform, but i just dont want him. 

I think you're confusing Mojo this year with him from his pre-injury, because he looks like an absolute shell of himself: he's slow, lacks any sort of explosion and  like many have mentioned, just looks spent. It's hard to use how poor the jaguars have been as an excuse, mainly because they've been horrible for years and he was routinely shredding defenses when they were stacking the box.  He's average 2.9 yards a touch and even when he did get a few opportunities in the open-field, he showed zero burst. 

Yes Shannon Sharpe and some of the announcers won't be getting their MENSA invitations anytime soon, but they can spot a player when he just doesn't look the same and they were absolutely all over MJD this weekend.  I loved the guy and wish we had him coming out of UCLA, but he's toast and giving up a draft pick for him to boot would be foolish.  

Archived