After watching Cincy vs Det, Stephen Hill is SO KEY....

CobraVerde

Stafford was pretty much just throwing it up for Johnson to grab. Hill being our tall WR really needs to step it up this week....A no show performance this week will put him closer out the door...

Yes, because "being tall" is the only skillset Calvin Johnson possesses, therefore anything he does should be easily replicated by other "tall" wide receivers.

If Hill cannot "be tall" at the same level of production as Calvin Johnson, then I agree, he's "out the door". No way, no how should we keep any WR that can't match Calvin Johnson's stats, just by being tall. 

Stafford was pretty much just throwing it up for Johnson to grab. Hill being our tall WR really needs to step it up this week....A no show performance this week will put him closer out the door...

"Out the door"? Really? So a 22 YO who is extremely gifted, and EXTREMELY RAW, doesn't step up in week 8 of his 2nd year lets just kick him out the door! Real smart, man I can't believe SD didn't kick Vincent Jackson out the door when he was still learning now to play WR in the NFL in his 2nd year, and trust me that list goes On, and , on, and on. It's not Hill's fault the Jets thought so highly of his RAW ability they were willing to draft him as high as they did, because they saw what could be after some coaching, and experience, kid has shown flashes, yes he still has a ways to go, but he has 2 to 3 more years to show it IMO. WR's just a few years ago didn't even play till year 3 never mind not reach their prime till right around year 5 (they used to call it the 27 year old magic number for WR's, now it's called year 3), so a few beasts like AJ Green, C Johnson, and J Jones (all drafted in the top 10) make imidiate impacts, and now every WR is a bust if he isn't an all pro by mid 2nd year! Sounds great someone get this guy a GM contract quick.

Yes, because "being tall" is the only skillset Calvin Johnson possesses, therefore anything he does should be easily replicated by other "tall" wide receivers.

If Hill cannot "be tall" at the same level of production as Calvin Johnson, then I agree, he's "out the door". No way, no how should we keep any WR that can't match Calvin Johnson's stats, just by being tall. 

I'm only an inch, maybe an inch and a half shorter than Calvin Johnson.  Why hasn't Idzik called me yet?

I'm going to +1 this for Mike T when I get home Calvin Johnson=Stephen Hill

If I'm not mistaken, if the Bengals defense has a weakness it's their secondary. This thread should be intended to all of our receivers, they need to come to play to help get the run game going. If we show early that we can't throw the ball successfully then they will focus on shutting down the run game which is no bueno.

"Out the door"? Really? So a 22 YO who is extremely gifted, and EXTREMELY RAW, doesn't step up in week 8 of his 2nd year lets just kick him out the door! Real smart, man I can't believe SD didn't kick Vincent Jackson out the door when he was still learning now to play WR in the NFL in his 2nd year, and trust me that list goes On, and , on, and on. It's not Hill's fault the Jets thought so highly of his RAW ability they were willing to draft him as high as they did, because they saw what could be after some coaching, and experience, kid has shown flashes, yes he still has a ways to go, but he has 2 to 3 more years to show it IMO. WR's just a few years ago didn't even play till year 3 never mind not reach their prime till right around year 5 (they used to call it the 27 year old magic number for WR's, now it's called year 3), so a few beasts like AJ Green, C Johnson, and J Jones (all drafted in the top 10) make imidiate impacts, and now every WR is a bust if he isn't an all pro by mid 2nd year! Sounds great someone get this guy a GM contract quick.

Calvin Johnson wasn't making an immediate impact in his 1st year either, it took time for him to get to where he is now.

If I'm not mistaken, if the Bengals defense has a weakness it's their secondary. This thread should be intended to all of our receivers, they need to come to play to help get the run game going. If we show early that we can't throw the ball successfully then they will focus on shutting down the run game which is no bueno.

It's probably the weakness of their defense, but by no means a liability. Leon Hall being out for the season certainly helps, but this is not a team you want to hold the ball too long against; our boys are going to need to get separation and get it quickly or that pocket will collapse.  It certainly would be nice if Ivory and the run game got going early, but I wouldn't count on it.

The Jets need to stop dcking around and make a trade to the Jags and get Blackmon.....we will not find a Blackmon in the draft next year and I doubt we will find one in free agency too.  The Jags announced they are listening to all offers right now so why not make them an offer?! 

"Out the door"? Really? So a 22 YO who is extremely gifted, and EXTREMELY RAW, doesn't step up in week 8 of his 2nd year lets just kick him out the door!

Yeah, I don't get what they're talking about either. Not the first person I've seen to express that sentiment, either. People need to chill a little.

The Jets need to stop dcking around and make a trade to the Jags and get Blackmon.....we will not find a Blackmon in the draft next year and I doubt we will find one in free agency too.  The Jags announced they are listening to all offers right now so why not make them an offer?! 

The Jags don't seem that interested in dealing him and honestly, why would they be? They're in re-building mode, that's when you jettison old talent or guys whose contracts are almost up, etc. They spent a #5 pick overall on him, he's a stud at WR, only 23, under team control for years... he's the kind of guy you build around. They would demand a 1st round pick and that's just where the deal would start, not finish.. you would have to add more.

The Bengals secondary has been struggling lately.  They gave up 9 catches for 136 yards and a TD to Buffalo WR's (with Thad Lewis throwing the rock) the week before Calvin exploded against them.  I think it's likely that at least one of our WR's has a real nice day.  My money is on Kerley.

The Jags don't seem that interested in dealing him and honestly, why would they be? They're in re-building mode, that's when you jettison old talent or guys whose contracts are almost up, etc. They spent a #5 pick overall on him, he's a stud at WR, only 23, under team control for years... he's the kind of guy you build around. They would demand a 1st round pick and that's just where the deal would start, not finish.. you would have to add more.

Nobody expected the Browns trading Trent Richardson either

I'm only an inch, maybe an inch and a half shorter than Calvin Johnson.  Why hasn't Idzik called me yet?

Probably noticed a lack of TWTW? No WANT? There's got to be something. 

Integrity actually made a funny post.

The Jets need to keep playing well as units and as a team. If you want to nail it to individuals there's three - Geno, Rex, and Marty. These games don't come down to some 22 year old second round WR who happens to be tall. 

Archived