Rex tells team he's going to be fired(?)

Favorite_Toon

You've gotta make the bed for any quarterback, otherwise they're fighting uphill. We've seen it with the struggles of the Steelers and Chargers even though they have elite QBs. The whole organization has to be committed to developing that one guy. Rex does not understand this. He thinks the QB is just along for the ride.

Yup.

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe, but there's going to be a purge this offseason, with a bunch of new players coming in. Idzik isn't throwing band-aids on the roster like Tannenbaum did--he's building for the long term. When I say you look at the records in Year Three, I mean he's got to have the team in contention.

Haha.. hedging bets already. This team will finish a game out of playoffs with huge cap space and extra pricks and you think Idzikiot and new coach get 3 years.. lmao

When Geno Smith ultimately rewards his guys after the season, he should probably order one extra gift for the MVP in his development: Offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg.

Joe Montana understood. He once doled out Presidential Rolexes to his linemen . . . and offensive coordinator Mike Holmgren.

Smith became only the second rookie quarterback in the last 20 years to earn AFC Offensive Player of the Week honors in the first five weeks after rallying the Jets to a road win on Monday night.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/mehta-geno-remember-gift-marty-gave-article-1.1481301#ixzz2oKoaJ4LM

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/mehta-geno-remember-gift-marty-gave-article-1.1481301#ixzz2oKoK0tgZ

Damn dude, besides shaping that Hall of Famer, you're totally on point. Good post.

Serious question, were you on crack when you wrote this?

While I agree with a lot of you say here, most people who are not just pure Rex apologists, and want Rex back, are pinning their hopes on Marty.

Nonsense, I've been highly critical of Rex and was ok with him getting canned last year.. I think he's a buffoon and a dirt bag and was way too loyal to turds like Sanchez.

That being said, he's also probably the best defensive coach in the league, the players play hard for him, they often make good halftime adjustments and we have Marty M running the offense, one of the top options not currently a HC.

I am comfortable giving this staff another chance with a roster that doesn't resemble a steaming pile of crusher dung.

Also, frankly, Idzik's handling of the QB position was deplorable. I want nothing to do with him hand picking a HC, he should stick to picking his nose and excel styles

Nonsense, I've been highly critical of Rex and was ok with him getting canned last year.. I think he's a buffoon and a dirt bag and was way too loyal to turds like Sanchez.

That being said, he's also probably the best defensive coach in the league, the players play hard for him, they often make good halftime adjustments and we have Marty M running the offense, one of the top options not currently a HC.

I am comfortable giving this staff another chance with a roster that doesn't resemble a steaming pile of crusher dung.

Also, frankly, Idzik's handling of the QB position was deplorable. I want nothing to do with him hand picking a HC, he should stick to picking his nose and excel styles

don't get this jackedoff4u started..  he's like the ape without the pseudo intellectualism.

Exactly.

There are no givens, and absolutes in this world. And I am not a Rex lover to death here, I'm just calling it how I see it, Rex has done a terrific job this season, and deserves a chance to prove he has learned from his past failures as a HC, last year if fired you couldn't really argue that, and if Rex proves to not have learned from past mistakes like he is doing this season IMO then yes you have to fire him.

IMO if Rex stays the Jets will have a HC for another 5 years because I think Rex is the right guy after this season, I've been wrong a million times, so what's one more?

Also all the If's are there because I don't make the decisions so I HAVE to use words like IF when discussing this topic, Idzik on the other hand shouldn't.

Fair enough, but I would feel much more comfortable if the REX supporters, simply said, Bring back REX for one more year and I guarantee we make the playoffs.

Just like the Rex haters who guarantee we make the playoffs, if we fire Rex.

Wow, one win against the juggernaut Browns and Rex is great again.

Rex is a good defensive mind but has done nothing to warrant the great label. His defenses always seem to give up the score late in games when they can seal a game, and he has had a lot of talent on defense everywhere he has been.

Yeah, they were running through walls for Rex against the Bills, fish and Ravens.......

I like Marty but one of the top options? Really? The guy had literally no other jobs but to come here and we have one of the worst ranked Os in football, I think this is a huge exaggeration at this point.

The roster is not nearly as bad as many make it out to be. It is a middle of the road roster, very good front 7 on D, and pretty weak at the O skill positions. It's not a bottom third roster.

Wow, one win against the juggernaut Browns and Rex is great again.

Rex is a good defensive mind but has done nothing to warrant the great label. His defenses always seem to give up the score late in games when they can seal a game, and he has had a lot of talent on defense everywhere he has been.

Yeah, they were running through walls for Rex against the Bills, fish and Ravens.......

I like Marty but one of the top options? Really? The guy had literally no other jobs but to come here and we have one of the worst ranked Os in football, I think this is a huge exaggeration at this point.

The roster is not nearly as bad as many make it out to be. It is a middle of the road roster, very good front 7 on D, and pretty weak at the O skill positions. It's not a bottom third roster.

Ok, so when Bevel and 10 draft picks and 50 million in FA signings get here, we win 12+, yes?

don't get this jackedoff4u started.. he's like the ape without the pseudo intellectualism.

Is that nice?

I don't like Rex as the HC for the team I root for, and you call me a jack off and am ape who is dumb?

Man, and they threaten to ban me all day long for not liking Rex.

This place is hard to figure out.

Shrugs.

Ok, so when Bevenl and 10 draft picks and 50 million in FA signings get here, we win 12+, yes?

12 is a lot.

The point differential for this team is that if a 4-5 win team this year, we did have two improbable wins aided by insane penalties where we were dead. Your record tends to catch up with your point differential over time.

I do think next year this should be a playoff team with a good offseason regardless of the coach.

12 is a lot.

The point differential for this team is that if a 4-5 win team this year, we did have two improbable wins aided by insane penalties where we were dead. Your record tends to catch up with your point differential over time.

I do think next year this should be a playoff team with a good offseason regardless of the coach.

You just said i" It is a middle of the road roster", meaning 8 wins.. ... You want to fire Rex, so I assume you think he's under achieved which clearly explains away the point differential issue. Anything less then 10-11 wins is a failure by either Idzik or his hand picked rexcessor, correct?

You just said i" It is a middle of the road roster", meaning 8 wins.. ... You want to fire Rex, so I assume you think he's under achieved which clearly explains away the point differential issue. Anything less then 10-11 wins is a failure by either Idzik or his hand picked rexcessor, correct?

I don't want him fired for underachieving, although at 5-4 the team sh*t the bed.

I want him fired because I think he is not a real HC, and he has proven that for the last three years.

He is a one trick pony, and good enough to never finish top three in the draft and get a QB, and not good enough to win a division and get home playoff games.

He is the definition of mediocre, and I want better for the Jets, we deserve it.

I am willing to get worse than Rex if that means eventually getting where I don't believe Rex can take us.

Sometimes you need to have balls and say the status quo is not good enough, it's not.

Archived