Rex tells team he's going to be fired(?)

Favorite_Toon

That is not how these things work. Idzik already has 1 losing season on his ledger. If he has another next year with Ryan, he can't say "well I tried it with rex, he is gone, I am starting over". That is a luxury he nor anyone gets.

Rex is a goner now.

Why not? Tannenbaum got to stay and hire two head coaches. It makes no difference to me. My point was, the next head coach better have a better record than 7-9 or 8-8. And I dont mean 3 years out. I mean like next season or Woody and Iszik will look like even bigger bafoons than they already do.

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doubt it.  Rex has the team going in the right direction.  That direction could easily be derailed by the wrong Head Coach.

I can say this with confidence, the next Head Coach has HUGE shoes to fill.  Unfortunately, for him/her (I could see Idzik hiring a female), this team adores Rex Ryan and if the next Head Coach doesnt relate to the players like Rex can...look out!  Full mutiny.  This could end up being the worst decision in the history of man kind.

oh+my+god+holy+shit+cat+kucing.jpg

Wow, making excuses already. Awesome.

Who's leaving in this great purge? Sanchez, Holmes, Cromartie? Lol. He's going to have a ton of cap room to work with, and another 10+ draft picks. The roster had better be significantly improved next year. If Rex could squeeze seven wins out of this piece of crap of a roster, the next guy needs to be in the playoffs with the replenished roster he'll get to enjoy. There will be no tolerance for a losing season next year. None.

It's been a country club here for five years. Lots of losing ball players in that locker room. It's going to take some doing to weed out that much pervasive entitlement.

It's been a country club here for five years. Lots of losing ball players in that locker room. It's going to take some doing to weed out that much pervasive entitlement.

2nd best head coach in Jets history. Who knew that the secret was pervasive entitlement.

Which pervasively entitled losing ball players need to go other than the Sanchez/Holmes combo?

IMHO, if this roster isn't vastly improved next year given the resources at Idzik's disposal, he's a failure.

I would have Weeb, Michaels, Parcells at least ahead of him.

The rest of the list is not much bragging to being in front of.

I would say its arguable atleast and he belongs someplace in that group. Certainly not in the Herm/Bruce Coslet group that you used to support. lol.

The players respect Rex. Bevell doesn't command the kind of respect Rex does. This is going to be a sh!t-show when he comes here.

He might even hire a gay and then what if the gay sneezes and then touches a doorknob and then the whole team catches the gay are you guys prepared to root for a team of gays because im not

Maybe Johnson and Johnson could develop a "Gay Off"?

we're missing 2 OL, 2 WR, a TE or two, possibly a QB, the secondary is a mess and it would be nice to have a LB who could cover a speedy tight end once in awhile.

...yea..we're right up there.

Can you tell me how many of the 32 teams in the NFL have 22 positions without 4 or 5 holes? We need to be a bit more realistic, those teams just don't exist. A good QB/offense hides a lot of holes.

Serious question: are you guys prepared for the possibility that Idzik might hire a woman head coach with a bunch of menses and emotions and sh*t and also she'll prolly need a separate locker room

Now you're using my jokes?  And I've given you a chubby?  All in the last 5 days?

**** YOU SHANE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Which pervasively entitled losing ball players need to go other than the Sanchez/Holmes combo?

IMHO, if this roster isn't vastly improved next year given the resources at Idzik's disposal, he's a failure.

Just so we're clear here, you--who wants to give Rex a pass for the last three seasons' worth of records, is demanding that new head coach puts up a big record in his first year?

He might even hire a gay and then what if the gay sneezes and then touches a doorknob and then the whole team catches the gay are you guys prepared to root for a team of gays because im not

Can you tell me how many of the 32 teams in the NFL have 22 positions without 4 or 5 holes? We need to be a bit more realistic, those teams just don't exist. A good QB/offense hides a lot of holes.

All this talk of gays and hiding alot of holes..........boy I'll tellya..........I dont know where this team is goin.

Just so we're clear here, you--who wants to give Rex a pass for the last three seasons' worth of records, is demanding that new head coach puts up a big record in his first year?

Yup.

Idzik set himself up for next year by passing on this one. Next year, he absolutely has to follow thru. With $50M in cap space, 10+ draft picks, and (for argument's sake) his hand-picked head coach, the team had better show improvement year one. Every new Jets head coach since Bill Parcells has improved upon the record of his predecessor in his first year. Idzik's guy doesn't get a pass. Not at all. Expectations will be high.

And, for the record, if Rex is brought back, expectations will be very high for him as well for the same reasons. There should be lots of new & improved talent on the roster next year.

Yup.

Idzik set himself up for next year by passing on this one. Next year, he absolutely has to follow thru. With $50M in cap space, 10+ draft picks, and (for argument's sake) his hand-picked head coach, the team had better show improvement year one. Every new Jets head coach since Bill Parcells has improved upon the record of his predecessor in his first year. Idzik's guy doesn't get a pass. Not at all. Expectations will be high.

With the improvements this team has made as the season went on, I'd expect Rex Ryan to make the playoffs next season.  My expectations wont change for the new Head Coach.  Especially considering the fact that the roster should be much stronger than it was this year.

With the improvements this team has made as the season went on, I'd expect Rex Ryan to make the playoffs next season. My expectations wont change for the new Head Coach. Especially considering the fact that the roster should be much stronger than it was this year.

Agree, regardless of the coach playoffs has to be the expectations next year.

With the improvements this team has made as the season went on, I'd expect Rex Ryan to make the playoffs next season.  My expectations wont change for the new Head Coach.  Especially considering the fact that the roster should be much stronger than it was this year.

Agreed also with this - we need to make a playoff run no matter who is coaching.

Yup.

And, for the record, if Rex is brought back, expectations will be very high for him as well for the same reasons. There should be lots of new & improved talent on the roster next year.

I absolutely expect that a NEW head coach will get this team in the playoffs next year. The Pro-Rex Rhetoric of "crappy rosters" is just that Rhetoric, so add to that a new head coach, with a GM adding valued talent, at needed spots, and you have a recipe for a great 2014.

Keep the status quo, with a proven failure at head coach, who has no clue about one side of the ball, makes terrible in game decisions and falls in love with players no matter how awful they are, and you have another year of complete mediocrity, and our 4th consecutive year of no playoffs.

Yup.

Mangini went 9-7 and Rex followed with an 8-8. The rest of your post reads like a jilted girlfriend.

Mangini went 9-7 and Rex followed with an 8-8. The rest of your post reads like a jilted girlfriend.

No, Rex went 9-7 with two additional wins in the playoffs. So yeah, he was an improvement.

The rest of my post reflects the higher expectations that most people who aren't trying to make excuses for the next head coach all seem to have.

No, Rex went 9-7 with two additional wins in the playoffs. So yeah, he was an improvement.

The rest of my post reflects the higher expectations that most people who aren't trying to make excuses for the next head coach all seem to have.

I heard a rumor this this was a 2 win team based on talent. Please define the offseason that makes it a 12 win team.

Doubt it.  Rex has the team going in the right direction.  That direction could easily be derailed by the wrong Head Coach.

I can say this with confidence, the next Head Coach has HUGE shoes to fill.  Unfortunately, for him/her (I could see Idzik hiring a female), this team adores Rex Ryan and if the next Head Coach doesnt relate to the players like Rex can...look out!  Full mutiny.  This could end up being the worst decision in the history of man kind.

LOL  {:>

I heard a rumor this this was a 2 win team based on talent. Please define the offseason that makes it a 12 win team.

Don't know. I never said two wins or twelve. Maybe you should bark up a different tree with this nonsense.

I thought this team was worse than the one that went 6-10 last year, instead they've (so far) won seven. Year two of Idzik's plan -again, with $50M to spend and 10+ draft picks- should yield a team in the 10 win range (or better) whether it's Rex or someone else at the helm. Not sure why that's so unfair. Do you expect Bevell to suck his first year? Is that it?

Don't know. I never said two wins or twelve. Maybe you should bark up a different tree with this nonsense.

I thought this team was worse than the one that went 6-10 last year, instead they've (so far) won seven. Year two of Idzik's plan -again, with $50M to spend and 10+ draft picks- should yield a team in the 10 win range (or better) whether it's Rex or someone else at the helm. Not sure why that's so unfair. Do you expect Bevell to suck his first year? Is that it?

Bark-up-the-wrong-tree.png

Archived