Jets, Bucs to have interest in Vick as per Schefter

Gastineau Lives

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Somewhere out there is a dog with your personality telling other dogs that live with humans the exact same thing.

I first read this a few hours ago and I've been wondering what a dog with my personality would be like. I'm picturing a rogue wolfhound with rabies and a limp.

The things Micheal Vick did go a little deeper than that for me. Most players do damage to themselves Drinking, acting like Idiots, doing drugs, acting like Idiots hanging out with their criminal friends from childhood. What Micheal Vick did was cruel and Insane IMHO and I want no part of the guy on this team. I really don't give a damn he did jail time because all I got from him was that he was sorry he did jail time and not sorry for anything else.

I never intended for it to sound like I thought Mike Vick was a choir boy, but when someone brought up the "not good for business" excuse that may prevent the Jets from signing him, it made me wonder about all the other "choir boys" the Jets have looked the other way on.

What Vick did is reprehensible.No one will ever dispute that, but when the JETS have a policy that NO ONE is to have a criminal record, then I will stop advocating for him and others that have paid their dues. he paid his dues, has been a model citizen since and he is worth signing. Just my opinion.

What Smash said.

There are crimes and there are crimes.  Goodson getting wasted in his ex-con buddy's car doesn't make him a sadistic, evil person.  Worse than the killing and torture - unforgivable as that is on its face - is that he derived such pleasure from it.  That is beyond bad.  It is evil.

It's absurd to me to insinuate, as you've done with this post, that if they're not "choir boys" then their indiscretions (to use the nicest word I can) are all the same; that you've committed criminal acts or you have not.  Plaxico shooting himself in the tush - by accident - because he's an idiot isn't in the same universe as Vick's past, very-intentional intentional acts.  Plaxico broke the law (he did time for having the gun in the first place, not for the shooting so much).  But carrying with nor real intent of shooting (IMO his intent was to look tough) - which is just a bigger crime because it was NYC as opposed to most areas in the country - is not the same as someone whose evil intent was very clear when his acts were committed.  

I'll bet you've done something that, technically, could have resulted in some amount of jail time (however brief) if you got caught.  That doesn't put you on the same moral level as Michael Vick torturing and killing helpless dumb animals for pleasure. 

What Smash said.

There are crimes and there are crimes.  Goodson getting wasted in his ex-con buddy's car doesn't make him a sadistic, evil person.  Worse than the killing and torture - unforgivable as that is on its face - is that he derived such pleasure from it.  That is beyond bad.  It is evil.

It's absurd to me to insinuate, as you've done with this post, that if they're not "choir boys" then their indiscretions (to use the nicest word I can) are all the same; that you've committed criminal acts or you have not.  Plaxico shooting himself in the tush - by accident - because he's an idiot isn't in the same universe as Vick's past, very-intentional intentional acts.  Plaxico broke the law (he did time for having the gun in the first place, not for the shooting so much).  But carrying with nor real intent of shooting (IMO his intent was to look tough) - which is just a bigger crime because it was NYC as opposed to most areas in the country - is not the same as someone whose evil intent was very clear when his acts were committed.  

I'll bet you've done something that, technically, could have resulted in some amount of jail time (however brief) if you got caught.  That doesn't put you on the same moral level as Michael Vick torturing and killing helpless dumb animals for pleasure. 

it's all perspective.  People like to live on the higher moral ground, but then go and eat chicken, beef, and so on where many corporations have been far more evil than anything Vick did.  Except people like to sweep that stuff under the table because hey, it's just a pig or chicken or cow or something else so it's different.   Sorry, but unless you're protesting many of these corporations, who do many many evil things around the globe, including killing human beings or abusing children, but hey because it's not a dog or cat, nobody cares.

I mean the Jets are owned by a guy who has a company who has done some pretty evil things over the years, but hey, people still root for the Jets.

it's all perspective.  People like to live on the higher moral ground, but then go and eat chicken, beef, and so on where many corporations have been far more evil than anything Vick did.  Except people like to sweep that stuff under the table because hey, it's just a pig or chicken or cow or something else so it's different.   Sorry, but unless you're protesting many of these corporations, who do many many evil things around the globe, including killing human beings or abusing children, but hey because it's not a dog or cat, nobody cares.

I mean the Jets are owned by a guy who has a company who has done some pretty evil things over the years, but hey, people still root for the Jets.

Great points.

so you are equating hanging and drowning poor performing dogs with eating meat?  

not even Broadway Joe's fur coat would buy that argument.  

Whatever.  Vick as an individual, not long ago, tortured and killed defenseless, dumb animals for his own pleasure.  He's not a blah blah blah evil corporations blah blah blah.  It wasn't for food.  It was because he found it enjoyable to watch these defenseless animals get treated so cruelly - including by his own hands - and suffer.  He's a sick f*ck.  

Great points.

not great points at all, sorry. No one is comparing what happened to those dogs to children, to do so would be stupid. The thing is, children should have no place in this argument because that's not what this argument is about.

Here's a scenario for you involving people : Lets say your car broke down on a country road near Vicks house where this sh*t was taking place and you wandered onto Vicks Property for help and saw Dogs/Puppies being drowned Tortured Strangled electricuted and killed by Vick and his thug friends as you walked up to the house..... what do you think would have happened to you ?  You think they would have let you off that property to report the crimes you witnessed ?

not great points at all, sorry. No one is comparing what happened to those dogs to children, to do so would be stupid. The thing is, children should have no place in this argument because that's not what this argument is about.

Here's a scenario for you involving people : Lets say your car broke down on a country road near Vicks house where this sh*t was taking place and you wandered onto Vicks Property for help and saw Dogs/Puppies being drowned Tortured Strangled electricuted and killed by Vick and his thug friends as you walked up to the house..... what do you think would have happened to you ?  You think they would have let you off that property to report the crimes you witnessed ?

I'm not going to sit here and pretend that MIKE VICK didn't do things reprehensible. He obviously did, but I am also not going to try to project, in a hypothetical situation as you present, that all of a sudden we jump to Murder etc., and that Mike Vick may have been able to carry out such a heinous act. Sorry, I just cant even fathom trying to make that jump.

I'm not going to sit here and pretend that MIKE VICK didn't do things reprehensible. He obviously did, but I am also not going to try to project, in a hypothetical situation as you present, that all of a sudden we jump to Murder etc., and that Mike Vick may have been able to carry out such a heinous act. Sorry, I just cant even fathom trying to make that jump.

its not hypothetical a large percentage of serial killers started off at a young age killing defenseless animals, that's a fact. If you think Micheal Vick was not capable of killing someone who would have witnessed him committing the crimes he did then your being a bit naïve

Serial killers start killing animals for fun as children.  Here, Vick was committing a crime as an adult.

Time marches on.   The behavior that was considered normal in 1965 is considered depraved and criminal today.  CVS drug stores just stopped selling cigarettes.  A few generations ago what Vick was doing was either legal or the law looked the other way.  Not saying it should be legal-but for a long time what Vick was doing was considered just normal activity.

Murder was never considered normal.  There is a difference.

Like I said people ignore the truth.     And big bad corporations aren't some fake entity. They are powered by people like Woody Johnson.  

Hell look at one of the Jet's sponsors Pepsi....

"What CSE found were minute traces of pesticides such as lindane, DDT, malathion, and chlorpyrifos. Although much lower than those CSE had detected in milk, the residue levels exceeded stringent European Economic Commission standards for water. Pepsi was 36 times as high as the standards, in CSE tests, while Coke was 30 times as high. On Aug. 5, 2003, Narain held a press conference in New Delhi, saying that the Indian-made soft drinks were "unfit for human consumption" and could cause cancer and birth defects over the long term. As a further insult to Indian consumers, she says, samples tested from the U.S. contained no such residue, prompting Narain to accuse Pepsi and Coke of pushing products "they wouldn't dare sell" at home."

Yeah so causing birth defects and cancer isn't that big of a deal.      

Or Woody's own Johnson & Johnson admitting their baby products contained cancer causing ingredients.    I guess giving kids cancer isn't that big of a deal either.

What Vick did was wrong and evil,  but at the end of the day, most people are so full of crap it's not funny because they ignore everything else and then sweep it under the rug like it doesn't matter.  Sorry but if you really think Vick is evil and should never play football again,  then you should also never root for the NY Jets because their own sponsors and owner are part of organizations that knowingly put cancer causing and other chemicals into water and products for profit.   And they denied doing so for years until of such protests and backlash.   

But like I said, people get in an uproar over Dogs, but hey, who cares if Children get cancer because of something a Sponsor of the Jets did or something Woody's billion dollar company did.   Is he directly responsible?   Well, he could say No to Pepsi.   And he could have had a say in changing things at J&J.  But he's just glad to be a billionaire and could care less about kids getting cancer.     But keep telling yourself Woody is such an innocent bystander and Vick is evil.

its not hypothetical a large percentage of serial killers started off at a young age killing defenseless animals, that's a fact. If you think Micheal Vick was not capable of killing someone who would have witnessed him committing the crimes he did then your being a bit naïve

I plead guilty to being a bit naïve in this scenario.

Like I said people ignore the truth.     And big bad corporations aren't some fake entity. They are powered by people like Woody Johnson.  

Hell look at one of the Jet's sponsors Pepsi....

"What CSE found were minute traces of pesticides such as lindane, DDT, malathion, and chlorpyrifos. Although much lower than those CSE had detected in milk, the residue levels exceeded stringent European Economic Commission standards for water. Pepsi was 36 times as high as the standards, in CSE tests, while Coke was 30 times as high. On Aug. 5, 2003, Narain held a press conference in New Delhi, saying that the Indian-made soft drinks were "unfit for human consumption" and could cause cancer and birth defects over the long term. As a further insult to Indian consumers, she says, samples tested from the U.S. contained no such residue, prompting Narain to accuse Pepsi and Coke of pushing products "they wouldn't dare sell" at home."

Yeah so causing birth defects and cancer isn't that big of a deal.      

Or Woody's own Johnson & Johnson admitting their baby products contained cancer causing ingredients.    I guess giving kids cancer isn't that big of a deal either.

What Vick did was wrong and evil,  but at the end of the day, most people are so full of crap it's not funny because they ignore everything else and then sweep it under the rug like it doesn't matter.  Sorry but if you really think Vick is evil and should never play football again,  then you should also never root for the NY Jets because their own sponsors and owner are part of organizations that knowingly put cancer causing and other chemicals into water and products for profit.   And they denied doing so for years until of such protests and backlash.   

But like I said, people get in an uproar over Dogs, but hey, who cares if Children get cancer because of something a Sponsor of the Jets did or something Woody's billion dollar company did.   Is he directly responsible?   Well, he could say No to Pepsi.   And he could have had a say in changing things at J&J.  But he's just glad to be a billionaire and could care less about kids getting cancer.     But keep telling yourself Woody is such an innocent bystander and Vick is evil.

AAAAAH!!! Ingesting body-weight amounts of Pepsi into lab rats gave them cancer!!!! AAAAH!!!!

Woody Johnson is an innocent bystander and Vick is evil.

FWIW, Woody's family got their money from Johnson & Johnson, but I don't think he ever ran them or even really worked there.  He ran some investment firm and a bunch of charitable organizations.   

Everyone knows this.  He may sit on a board and own a lot of stock, but he isn't running jack squat. 

Also, regarding the Pepsi knowingly gives kids cancer thing:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/07/03/pepsi-caramel-idUSL2N0F81SM20130703

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration said last year that a person would have to drink "well over a thousand cans of soda a day to reach the doses administered in the studies that have shown links to cancer in rodents."

I'm sure they do plenty of things I would say "Oh, that's not good."  But purposely giving kids cancer? lol.  It's nonsense.  Coke only made a change because someone in California got a law passed that would have required them to say, on the can/bottle, a prepared warning that says it gave cancer to lab rats (without notifying the public of the amount given to the lab rats, or that there has never been a link to cancer in humans despite the trillions of gallons of this stuff that people have gulped down for generations).

More hysteria over nothing, more of people quoting headlines and editorialized summaries by people with a particular interest/motivation, without reading about what was actually done in a study.

"Well over a thousand cans per day" of Pepsi.  lol.  Try drinking well over 1000 cans of water every day and see what happens to you.

You can put all the BS aside about Vick being a bad guy - I don't want him for one very simple reason - HE IS A sh*tTY FOOTBALL PLAYER.

The only time we should ever get into character conversations is if the player is actually worthy of consideration based on his ability. Vick sucks so that should be then end of the conversation. 

You can put all the BS aside about Vick being a bad guy - I don't want him for one very simple reason - HE IS A sh*tTY FOOTBALL PLAYER.

The only time we should ever get into character conversations is if the player is actually worthy of consideration based on his ability. Vick sucks so that should be then end of the conversation. 

Jets would be 10-6 with Vick Starting. That is of course assuming he stays healthy for 16 games, which as I said before is my ONLY concern, not his past, and he certainly can play the QB position at high level in the NFL, even at his advanced age.

Archived