Risk/Reward Kenny Britt free agent WR

joewilly12

ESPN's Adam Caplan believes free agent Kenny Britt is "probably looking at a short-term deal."

This is the first blurb we've had on Britt since the season ended, so that's likely an indication he's going to have a cold market. Britt was a healthy scratch for three of Tennessee's final four games and caught just 11 passes for 96 yards last season. He struggled with penalties and drops. Britt believes he still has No. 1 receiver talent. He checks in as our No. 15 free-agent receiver.

If this was last year, I'd be on board.

We have the opportunity to build a contender this year with salary cap money and draft picks. We have a lot of glaring needs we cant overpay 1 free agent WR we can get multiple playmakers Nicks,Maclin,Britt,draft picks at WR. We need a TE and LBs as well as OL help.

We have the opportunity to build a contender this year with salary cap money and draft picks. We have a lot of glaring needs we cant overpay 1 free agent WR we can get multiple playmakers Nicks,Maclin,Britt,draft picks at WR. We need a TE and LBs as well as OL help.

How many of those guys are you looking to sign? Nicks, Maclin, Britt.

Britt can be signed cheap without an incentive laden contract.  He is not exactly in demand. 

I don't see why either NY team would be remotely interested in bringing him in. The dude gets arrested every time he's within a mile of Jersey City or Bayonne. He needs to stay as far away from North Jersey as possible.

At only 26 years old and the market at receiver being thin should make him intriguing. I can't believe the price tag would be that high especially with him playing on a prove it type contract along with him being near home. I don't see him as a cancer (always seem friendly) which is odd to say but he's is unreliable getting into things off the field and being injury prone.

Bring Britt in to battle it out with Hill for a roster spot. I mean if we give guys like Winslow a chance I would find it hard to reject Britt for anything but agreeing finically.

I'm in, and I think I will join you on Danario Alexander.

Britt is a turd and there are several more WRs of interest in the FA crop. 

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5821/danario-alexander

A source tells FOX Sports that free agent Danario Alexander is dealing with major complications from his latest knee surgery.

Alexander initially underwent an ACL repair on his right knee back in August and then needed a second "revision" surgery in January. Now he's had even more surgeries because of an infection, leaving his ability to play in 2014 in major doubt. Alexander's left knee was already in questionable shape due to five earlier surgeries. Although he's just 25 years old, his career is in jeopardy -- a shame for a player that posted 1,781 yards as a senior at Missouri and showed difference-making NFL ability as Philip Rivers' No. 1 receiver for a rare healthy stretch of the 2012 season.

Archived