what is your wildest/weirdest Jet moment?

Villain The Foe

After reading SouthernJet's sentimental piece on his love of the Jets and us fans I figured to start this thread. Our dedication and ultimate heartbreak is some of the deepest in the NFL.

I remember waking up one morning, turning on ESPN and hearing that the Jets just got Brett Favre. I remember saying to my television "Holy sh_t! We're going to the superbowl, but like....FOR REAL THIS TIME" I was so stoked I called out of work, and with the biggest smile on my face told them that I was sick. They knew I wasn't sick and I surely didn't care. I was going to stay home to watch the conference and breaking news live. I ordered Chinese food at like 11am feeling like a king scratching my man sack. I'll start with that though I know I have one that involves the Rex Ryan hire. 

After reading SouthernJet's sentimental piece on his love of the Jets and us fans I figured to start this thread. Our dedication and ultimate heartbreak is some of the deepest in the NFL.

I remember waking up one morning, turning on ESPN and hearing that the Jets just got Brett Favre. I remember saying to my television "Holy sh_t! We're going to the superbowl, but like....FOR REAL THIS TIME" I was so stoked I called out of work, and with the biggest smile on my face told them that I was sick. They knew I wasn't sick and I surely didn't care. I was going to stay home to watch the conference and breaking news live. I ordered Chinese food at like 11am feeling like a king scratching my man sack. I'll start with that though I know I have one that involves the Rex Ryan hire.

If somehow Revis is signed back this would become my wildest/weirdest Jet moment!

Wildest - Ty Law. I legit thought once we got him that was our year. Practically guaranteed it with my buddies and I still have not lived that down.

Weirdest - Dennis Byrd. I remember my dad trying to explain to me what had happened, I was a little kid and couldn't really grasp what he was telling me.

My buddies drunk father screaming to bury Byrd on the field as he came to see a game not a funeral.

Also Jets Raiders Sunday night 1995. Jets lost about 50-3 if memory serves. Raiders mongo starts stripping in the stands, down to the fruit of the looms, taunting the Jets bench. Guy behind us whips a beer at him, drills him in the head and chaos ensues. It was a school night for me.

wildest was def celebrating the win over the jags in the divisional round at home.  a home playoff win.  yeah baby.  the double fumble play during the drive that consumed almost the entire 2nd quarter was the definition of wild

weirdest was 1 week later, the kickoff in Denver that got hung up in the air and came down on the 25 yard line and bounced towards the broncos  that the broncos recovered

Also I had football practice during opening day 99(NFL season started in August that year for some reason) and I remember turning on the radio in the locker room to find out the score and the first thing Dave Jennings says was "total disaster for the Jets" everyone laughed. I cried.

Waking up the entire floor of the hotel I was staying in Manchester at about 4:45 in the morning as Sanchez hit Braylon Edwards to set up the FG against the Colts in 2011. I was pretty drunk and no ****s were given, although they might have been if Folk had missed. 

Best weekend ever.

Keyshawn Bowl Tampa Bay -- Buc fans taunting us with a B-U-C-S BUCS BUCS BUCS chant. Until the Little Flashlight hit Curtis in the endzone.

Went total bat sh*t at that moment. Fireman Ed in the next section led us in our own cheer.   The End

Sitting at the game in 2005 against the Jags watching our 2 qb's, Pennington and Fiedler, both go down in one series. Then Chad had to come back out with his bum wing to finish the game which ended in an OT loss, Setting up the misery that was that season.

wildest AND weirdest Jets memory for me was in the 04-05 season when we lost in the divisional round to the Steelers in OT, I was a HS SR and was at a hot tub house party at my buddys completely destroyed. Santana housed a punt and I just went crazy pounding beers and shots. ended up hooking up with a chick cuz she felt bad for me cuz Jets lost. great night. F*** Big Ben. 

wildest AND weirdest Jets memory for me was in the 04-05 season when we lost in the divisional round to the Steelers in OT, I was a HS SR and was at a hot tub house party at my buddys completely destroyed. Santana housed a punt and I just went crazy pounding beers and shots. ended up hooking up with a chick cuz she felt bad for me cuz Jets lost. great night. F*** Big Ben. 

I'd like to meet this girl and tell her all about my life as a Jets, Mets, Isles and Knicks fan. That should be good for an instabang.

Archived