Revis being shopped

aec4

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You pay free agents, guys currently in the NFL based on what they've already done. You pay rookies based on their potential. Football is almost never won by one guy, but I dont see the NFL spreading out the cap evenly amongst all the players. Peyton manning would have never thrown 7 TD's without an offensive line in front of him, yet look at his paycheck, a pay check he earned for things he had already done. 

Not any more.  Now you pay rookies based on the rookie wage scale. 

revis is a great player but things were said and decisions were made and sometimes you just can't go home again.

yeah I just had this convo with a friend, even with tanny gone, it was idzy that traded him, so he is not a fan of the NYJ

The Browns would want him to restructure his contract before trading for him.  Revis will refuse, in order to grant his release so he gets a say in which team he plays for.  However, the Raiders have so much money they could trade a late 7th round pick for him and then pay him. 

How awesome would it be to see Revis go to Oakland?

The Browns would want him to restructure his contract before trading for him.  Revis will refuse, in order to grant his release so he gets a say in which team he plays for.  However, the Raiders have so much money they could trade a late 7th round pick for him and then pay him. 

How awesome would it be to see Revis go to Oakland?

For a 7th no less. 

Per Ian Rappaport Revis won't take pay cut to complete trade to Browns, and will now be released, and the 2 teams Revis WANTS to play for are the 49ers, and Jets.

Get this done Idzik!

As per his twitter, he has said nothing about Revis wanting to play for the 49ers or Jets

I believe so.

Tell me what you think of this thought?

Could Revis be saying he would "LOVE" to play for the Jets again, as a way of pressuring the Bucs NOT to release him out of embarrassment? How bad would that be for the organization to have the guy they traded a #1(DROY) and a #4 pick for the opportunity to pay him $16 mil for 1 season and have him go back to that other team!!

Maybe he thinks the owner will back off after he thinks about the embarrassment of that news and all the crap he'll get from the fan base and press?

I believe so.Tell me what you think of this thought?Could Revis be saying he would "LOVE" to play for the Jets again, as a way of pressuring the Bucs NOT to release him out of embarrassment? How bad would that be for the organization to have the guy they traded a #1(DROY) and a #4 pick for the opportunity to pay him $16 mil for 1 season and have him go back to that other team!!Maybe he thinks the owner will back off after he thinks about the embarrassment of that news and all the crap he'll get from the fan base and press?

No.

The only way Revis ends up back with the Jets is if they offer him more money than anyone else, pretty simple.  As T0m previously mentioned, some in the know feel as though his worth is between $11.5 and $12.5 million, which seems about right.  With the recent signings, there are now five CBs making $9.75 million per season (Hall, Davis, Flowers, Joseph and Shields) and Revis being the best CB on the market, I could reasonably see him earning two million more per year. 

The only way Revis ends up back with the Jets is if they offer him more money than anyone else, pretty simple.  As T0m previously mentioned, some in the know feel as though his worth is between $11.5 and $12.5 million, which seems about right.  With the recent signings, there are now five CBs making $9.75 million per season (Hall, Davis, Flowers, Joseph and Shields) and Revis being the best CB on the market, I could reasonably see him earning two million more per year. 

Which would be acceptable IMO.  No?

The New York Daily News reports Darrelle Revis would "love" a reunion with the Jets.

Revis has found the grass isn't always greener away from Gang Green. The Jets are in the market for a new No. 1 corner after releasing Antonio Cromartie, and will certainly look into Revis if/when he hits the open market. They'll likely be one of the finalists.

Depending on the holdout language in the contract, I feel it would be.

I would write it right in the damned contract. 2 years $24 mil until holdout in year 3.  Have fun with it.   Revis would like that. He's always been known for having fun.

Francessa is trolling that Revis will end up in New England.

Only way Revis goes to NE is if they are offering the most money, I can't recall a Jets player from 2009-2012 who had more bad things to say about the Patriots, he called both Belicheck, and Brady Aholes I believe, or punks. 

If he is going to take a 11-12 million deal it will be with the 49ers, or Jets IMO.

Archived