Decker meeting with the Jets

Joe Jets fan

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not overpaying you say? That's an interesting concept. I wonder if Idzik is considering this and if not I certainly hope he sees this post.

I don't know if anyone has said it, but I'm really glad you're back.

Not overpaying you say? That's an interesting concept. I wonder if Idzik is considering this and if not I certainly hope he sees this post.

I certainly hopes he sees it before any of Bit's.  We definitely do no need Idzik giving Decker $15 million and reporting that's his exact value, because that's what we gave him.  It's like he's the f*cking Gandalf of fake general managers: there is no overpaying or underpaying, a player is paid exactly what his value is.

I certainly hopes he sees it before any of Bit's.  We definitely do no need Idzik giving Decker $15 million and reporting that's his exact value, because that's what we gave him.  It's like he's the f*cking Gandalf of fake general managers: there is no overpaying or underpaying, a player is paid exactly what his value is.

money_can_be_exchanged_for_goods_and_ser

Don't mind bit, that's just his desperate attempt to still desperately attempt to avoid the reality that he was so completely, unquestionably wrong in the endless Revis debates which featured him emphatically stating that Revis absolutely did not want, and would/should not get, $16 million per year.  It was after that this little nonsensical "a player is worth whatever he is paid" shtick started.

Trading up for Watkins is not cheaper. It may be cheaper in cash value but way more expensive as far as our resources go. Of what use is that extra money we might save by going with a nutcase like Britt? Wouldn't you rather have a guy that you can trust? Also, why are we all hoping for the Jets to "save money" as if they're strapped for cash---as if overpaying a guy or two will make them strapped for cash? Neither is the case.

because draft picks need to be signed, we need a rt, rg, wr, te, cb. Draft picks aren't guaranteed to be successful replacements. Plus mo needs around 9 mill a year, then it's kerley and kyle contracts coming up. Plus others. No need to overpay for 1 guy. And I for 1 want him.

Well I come from a long line of bullsh*t artists. so... thanks? 

Don't mind bit, that's just his desperate attempt to still desperately attempt to avoid the reality that he was so completely, unquestionably wrong in the endless Revis debates which featured him emphatically stating that Revis absolutely did not want, and would/should not get, $16 million per year.  It was after that this little nonsensical "a player is worth whatever he is paid" shtick started.

wow more Bit Studies? This is great its like free therapy. And I love the attention,  win/win. 

it's a really sweet story if Idzik can cut Revis for a year, sign him for 4 mil cheaper and get Sheldon out of the deal. That would be awesome and I'd eat sweet crow. The sun will be shining if Revis comes home. 

but if Revis ends up in NE that 16 mil will be the toothpick in Woody's eye. Woody better hope that doesn't happen.  We all better hope... what grim news that would be, for all Jets fans.  

There's alot of ways this can go, let's hope he signs with an NFC team and it's not an issue. 

wow more Bit Studies? This is great its like free therapy. And I love the attention,  win/win. 

it's a really sweet story if Idzik can cut Revis for a year, sign him for 4 mil cheaper and get Sheldon out of the deal. That would be awesome and I'd eat sweet crow. The sun will be shining if Revis comes home. 

but if Revis ends up in NE that 16 mil will be the toothpick in Woody's eye. Woody better hope that doesn't happen.  We all better hope... what grim news that would be, for all Jets fans.  

There's alot of ways this can go, let's hope he signs with an NFC team and it's not an issue. 

Hate to have to break this to you, but Revis was set to be a FA right now regardless of the trade.  The Jets are actually far less at fault for that reality now than they would have been if they kept him.  And in that case they'd be short a DROY and a 4th rounder.  I'll give you credit though, you certainly do commit to your positions.  Nobody could ever accuse you of otherwise.

Fair to say we're not getting Decker at this point?

Because he's still at the Jets facility and opted not to leave and go meet with other teams?

Don't get me wrong, I fully concede it's not the quickest negotiations you'll ever see, but if Decker's camp didn't see this as a very real possibility, he would've been long gone by now.  They've got other teams to meet with, not to mention other clients to represent.

After the Davis fiasco we gotta get this Decker desk done or were going to look like amateurs. Let's get it done and move on to Revis.

What Davis fiasco?

Vontae Davis has been talking about wanting to stay with the Colts all off-season. He did what he wanted, it doesn't mean Idzik didn't make an offer or at least inquire. You are putting way too much stock in a rumor. Nothing about any of this even comes close to a fiasco. LOL

While I certainly see your point, I think if anyone said anything about that to him today his response would simply be: "Dude... Tim Tebow... come on."

Ya no sh*t, he had more yards and double the TDs then any of the Jets had with Tebow throwing to him, who is worse then Geno by far.

This maybe the worst written sentence ever.

Archived