Decker meeting with the Jets

Joe Jets fan

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you want me to extend that analogy to the Jets, if we sign Eric Decker we still need receivers.  

One glass of water won't cut it.

alright decker and sanders listen up first to sign gets #1 cup of water money

GARBAGE NO THANK YOU

ERIC DECKER = DAVID NELSON = MILES AUSTIN

id rather just get a WR through the draft. only reason Decker had a decent season is because he had Peyton. Dude is a #3 receiver on any team. frankly hes just riding a wave.

Vick, Decker? What other sloppy seconds joke are we gonna get?

So who do you want to spend the crap load of money on that we HAVE to spend???

Lions sign Tate. What is the hold up on Decker????

Money?

Odd that all these other teams meet with a guy and a they either sign that guy or that guy walks,  no hand holding the rest of the day.  

Whats with the all day decker event?  Aren't they supposed to meet with other players as well?  

Money?

Odd that all these other teams meet with a guy and a they either sign that guy or that guy walks,  no hand holding the rest of the day.  

Whats with the all day decker event?  Aren't they supposed to meet with other players as well?  

Yeah and for some reason there have been all these reports about guys that they are "interested" in but haven't scheduled visits with yet. Talk about snail's pace!!

Money?

Helicopter rides around the city take 30-45 minutes.

Money?

Jets' facility is cooler?

RT @TheJessicaJames: So proud of my hubby... I support him 100 percent. Holding this baby in till he comes back lol

This could mean anything, but it could also mean he turned down the Jets because they lowballed him.    AKA "I support him" is far more indicative of that compared to something a bit more exciting like "moving to NY."

so what you are saying is that no teams should ever sign a FA because their original team didn't? decker makes a much larger--gigantic even--difference to the jets than to the broncos. to them he was a luxury, to us he is a core player. so yes, need is a factor on value. if you are dying of thirst in the desert you will pay every penny you have for that first glass of water. the second one? worth much less to you.

Not disagreeing with this current point at all actually.  My point was that defining a player as having being overpaid, before even signing a contract, simply because their prior team apparently wasn't willing to give him the same amount is a tad over the top.  As is similarly evaluating their potential ability on that fact alone.  So I was saying if someone were to do all of that for Decker, they'd have to draw the same conclusion regarding every single FA of all time.  It's particularly noteworthy since it contradicts the entire concept that many around here have thrown around that the Jets were fools for not giving Howard the contract he got from Oakland.  After all, no one can even try to use the "they're a better team" excuse when it's the freakin' Raiders.

This could mean anything, but it could also mean he turned down the Jets because they lowballed him.    AKA "I support him" is far more indicative of that compared to something a bit more exciting like "moving to NY."

Or that the money was right, but he wants to listen to others because it's not all about the money.

Or...that he took the money because it was a lot of money, and she's supporting him even though it LOOKS like it's all about the money.

Like you said, no need to read in to it until one of the big guns reports Decker news one way or the other.

Not disagreeing with this current point at all actually.  My point was that defining a player as having being overpaid, before even signing a contract, simply because their prior team apparently wasn't willing to give him the same amount is a tad over the top.  As is similarly evaluating their potential ability on that fact alone.  So I was saying if someone were to do all of that for Decker, they'd have to draw the same conclusion regarding every single FA of all time.  It's particularly noteworthy since it contradicts the entire concept that many around here have thrown around that the Jets were fools for not giving Howard the contract he got from Oakland.  After all, no one can even try to use the "they're a better team" excuse when it's the freakin' Raiders.

i misread your post--will point out that many FAs are there because of cap casualties and end up with less from the next team. but agree with you on the other points

It's particularly noteworthy since it contradicts the entire concept that many around here have thrown around that the Jets were fools for not giving Howard the contract he got from Oakland.  

Howard got 6 million per year. Breno Giacomini will get what? 4 mil? It's a tiny difference compared to the fact that he's healthy (unlike Breno) and has upside.  ANd the fact the Jets will probably have to burn a draft pick at RT in the mid rounds (if not earlier).The Raiders could actually swap him to LT .

Golden Tate heads to Lions on five-year deal 
Lions agreed to terms with WR Golden Tate, formerly of the Seahawks, on a five-year, $31 million contract.
The deal includes $13.25 million guaranteed. The Lions' quixotic quest to find a viable starter opposite Calvin Johnson ends. Tate was Rotoworld's No. 4 remaining receiver. Coming off a career year where he caught 64 passes for 898 yards and five scores, Tate's numbers have been suppressed by the Seahawks' run-heavy offense, but that won't be an issue in Detroit. A dynamo with the ball in his hands, Tate is most effective after the catch. Even with passing-mad OC Scott Linehan gone from the Motor City, the Lions will be throwing all day, every day in 2014. Tate will be a viable threat for his first 1,000-yard season.

Actually a pretty decent shot that Decker doesn't get anywhere near the $10 million that was reported prior to the start of free agency.  

Golden Tate heads to Lions on five-year deal 
Lions agreed to terms with WR Golden Tate, formerly of the Seahawks, on a five-year, $31 million contract.
The deal includes $13.25 million guaranteed. The Lions' quixotic quest to find a viable starter opposite Calvin Johnson ends. Tate was Rotoworld's No. 4 remaining receiver. Coming off a career year where he caught 64 passes for 898 yards and five scores, Tate's numbers have been suppressed by the Seahawks' run-heavy offense, but that won't be an issue in Detroit. A dynamo with the ball in his hands, Tate is most effective after the catch. Even with passing-mad OC Scott Linehan gone from the Motor City, the Lions will be throwing all day, every day in 2014. Tate will be a viable threat for his first 1,000-yard season.

Actually a pretty decent shot that Decker doesn't get anywhere near the $10 million that was reported prior to the start of free agency.  

He probably won't get $10 Million, but it sucks that Tate flew into Detroit late last night, met with the team,  Signed a contract.

Whereas Decker flew into NJ late last night, met with the team,  and now is either still with the team or went back home, but no deal has been made up to this point.   Huge difference in operations.

He probably won't get $10 Million, but it sucks that Tate flew into Detroit late last night, met with the team,  Signed a contract.

Whereas Decker flew into NJ late last night, met with the team,  and now is either still with the team or went back home, but no deal has been made up to this point.   Huge difference in operations.

Yea, Detroit certainly has the formula I want my franchise to starting following.

Howard got 6 million per year. Breno Giacomini will get what? 4 mil? It's a tiny difference compared to the fact that he's healthy (unlike Breno) and has upside.  ANd the fact the Jets will probably have to burn a draft pick at RT in the mid rounds (if not earlier).The Raiders could actually swap him to LT .

As far as health is concerned, Giacomini was back in action by the end of the season.  You know he started in that little game, what's it called again?  Oh right, the Super Bowl.  As far as upside is concerned, I'd love to hear how that one and a half year age difference between them is apparently the defining factor in upside.

Yea, Detroit certainly has the formula I want my franchise to starting following.

They actually have a good team, they just choked away the season.    And they've been a terrible organization for years.   But with good coaching, they have one hell of a team.      Right now with good coaching, the Jets offense still sucks.

Archived