Jets (will maybe, someday) sign Brandon Pettigrew. Or not.

Favorite_Toon

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's somewhat depressing is 4 for 16? That isn't breaking the bank. He would have been an upgrade.

Yes, but not a significant enough upgrade to make us real sad.  Just because our TE was Kellen Winslow last year doesn't make Brandon Pettigrew a Pro Bowler by comparison. 

When Jets sign Pettigrow: Great signing, love it, Idz is the Shidz!

When the lions actually sign him: thank God! He sucked and did not want, Idz be the Shidz!

See my post above.

When the Jets sign him to something in line with a legit starter, but one who is neither a playmaking receiver nor bruising blocker, I love it. When they'd have to come within $2M/year of freaking Decker's contract, do not want.

That is correct.

See my post above.

When the Jets sign him to something in line with a legit starter, but one who is neither a playmaking receiver nor bruising blocker, I love it. When they'd have to come within $2M/year of freaking Decker's contract, do not want.

That is correct.

Meh, 4M per puts you right about middle of the pack in salary range, which is exactly where Pettigrew probably belongs. Sounds like a fair deal, I'm sure only about half was guaranteed and he's 29. Better blocker than anyone on the Jets roster last year and just as good a receiver.

Meh, 4M per puts you right about middle of the pack in salary range, which is exactly where Pettigrew probably belongs. Sounds like a fair deal, I'm sure only about half was guaranteed and he's 29. Better blocker than anyone on the Jets roster last year and just as good a receiver.

nope, waste of cap cash IMHO, ,3 TEs in draft and we need a speed, safety valve type of TE which Pettigrew aint

ok credibility was the wrong word. it was a joke. But you and Ebron. When I read your thoughts on any other TE no match for his super powers it comes as no surprise. 

lol, nah, Here is why I want Ebron so much ,,I will be honest

- he is best TE in draft

- he is Jimmy Graham Jr in my opinion

- BIGGEST REASON: when u see two items above and add in fact we have a 'young, jittery, trouble seeing his secondary receiver after primary covered QB', I WANT A DAMN SAFETY VALVE FOR GENO  :)

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000267930/article/north-carolinas-eric-ebron-could-be-nfls-next-great-tight-end

See my post above.

That is correct.

I don't think Pettigrow one way or another is going to make or break our season, so I could care less about this.

I do find it interesting how many Jet fans have this incredibly optimism over Idzik, like he is our proven savior. I am not criticizing him at all, as I really cannot find much fault in what he has done since getting here, but I also have zero reason to believe he is building us into this juggernaut that so many want to make it out to be. 

Bottom line for me is Woody hired him, and I have zero reason to trust Woody. I am not giving someone some blind faith that Woody hired. I understand wanting to be optimistic about the team we root for, but I have learned over a long time that being optimistic over anything the Jets do is asking for a kick in the wee wee. It's better to take a wait and see approach.

- he is best TE in draft

- BIGGEST REASON: when u see two items above and add in fact we have a 'young, jittery, trouble seeing his secondary receiver after primary covered QB', I WANT A DAMN SAFETY VALVE FOR GENO   :)

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000267930/article/north-carolinas-eric-ebron-could-be-nfls-next-great-tight-end

I've read your other 958 posts on Ebron, I know this already. ;)

- he is best TE in draft

- BIGGEST REASON: when u see two items above and add in fact we have a 'young, jittery, trouble seeing his secondary receiver after primary covered QB', I WANT A DAMN SAFETY VALVE FOR GENO   :)

Being a Tarheel had nothing to do with it!

I don't think Pettigrow one way or another is going to make or break our season, so I could care less about this.

I do find it interesting how many Jet fans have this incredibly optimism over Idzik, like he is our proven savior. I am not criticizing him at all, as I really cannot find much fault in what he has done since getting here, but I also have zero reason to believe he is building us into this juggernaut that so many want to make it out to be. 

Bottom line for me is Woody hired him, and I have zero reason to trust Woody. I am not giving someone some blind faith that Woody hired. I understand wanting to be optimistic about the team we root for, but I have learned over a long time that being optimistic over anything the Jets do is asking for a kick in the wee wee. It's better to take a wait and see approach.

No doubt on Woody.

But as someone else just mentioned, this is exactly what everyone claimed they wanted.  Someone who does it "right" by building through the draft and then plugging the last - or the most dire - holes in free agency.  But people are all talk.  They want that until they get it.

When Jets sign Pettigrow: Great signing, love it, Idz is the Shidz!

When the lions actually sign him: thank God! He sucked and did not want, Idz be the Shidz!

This. it was awesome to watch moron hypocrite jet fans fawn over this jag like he was the second coming and then when he signs with another team, those same idiots say he sucks and is a jag.

best thing about FA, watching jet fans build someone up when they are coming and tearing them down when they sign another place. revis was f***ing classic.

mrsryan

This. it was awesome to watch moron hypocrite jet fans fawn over this jag like he was the second coming and then when he signs with another team, those same idiots say he sucks and is a jag.

best thing about FA, watching jet fans build someone up when they are coming and tearing them down when they sign another place. revis was f***ing classic.

mrsryan

Do I smell a afosomf impersonator ? LOL

IP check ;)

mrsryan

second coming of what? Chris Baker.  I did not read that.

Archived